Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pricing model

EQFanboyEQFanboy Member Posts: 16

Hi, i was just wondering if  I did the 14 day free trial of  EQ2 and then decided to order destiny of velious do i get the free month of new "gold" access? Really what im saying am i still concidered a "new member" eligible for the free month or am i just adding a expansion to my account and dont get the month. 

I really enjoyed trial, and probably would sub anyhow. I'm not into the whole cash shop thing aside for perhaps paying for content, but would perfer to just pay monthly. 

Thanks in advance, (sorry about the grammer lol) 

Comments

• tekniko64tekniko64 Member Posts: 58

Yes, you will get the free month.  Every company I have dealt with will add the one month no matter the age of the account.  This includes EQ2.  I had a total of 3 months added for free.  I would just buy the cheap expansions for under 10$ and get the new content plus the one month :)

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

How old is your account?

Last year, or perhaps two years ago, SOE added all expansions and activated all accounts as retail. I believe you got 30-60 days to play, it was to celebrate some festival ingame. (Don't confuse it with this summers free playtime due to the hacking done to Sony.)

Trial accounts also got activated with all the expansions.

If you account got those I'm not so shure that buying later expansions will grant you the 30 days that ocmes with the retail game as your account is already 'activated as retail'.

Might want to check that and perhaps ask SOE support first.

(I can't say how other games handle it, but I believe that an existing account that have the games retail box added won't get any subscription time when there is an expansion added.)

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"