Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW vs FF XIV / payments?

Riverleaf_BRiverleaf_B Member Posts: 17

I am cosidering two choices of mmorpgs to play on my computer,but i can only have one of them downloaded because I can't afford both of them. Should I choose World of Warcraft,or Final Fantasy XIV?  I'd like to know what  the gameplay fun factor and difficulties.for both games are.

How would players pay for tthe monthly fees?  If they don't use PayPal,what paysite would they use?

Comments

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

FFXIV is in an unfinished state to say the least, No one will tell you to play it, its honestly a year away from a playable game.

if those are your options then WoW wins by a land slide.

• Riverleaf_BRiverleaf_B Member Posts: 17

Why do you think that Final Fantasy XIV is unfinished? I believe that it is finished,because it was released on September of last year according to this site's game list.

• LienhartLienhart Member UncommonPosts: 662

Originally posted by Riverleaf_B

Why do you think that Final Fantasy XIV is unfinished? I believe that it is finished,because it was released on September of last year according to this site's game list.

Play it, come here, and let me laugh at you.

I love Final Fantasy, in fact I think all Japanese/Korean MMOs kick the shit out of NA/EU MMOs...but NOT Final Fantasy XIV.

Check SE's stock record after XIV released. Then go google. Of course, you're probably trolling if you don't know all this.

I live to go faster...or die trying.
  • Narcin1Narcin1 Member Posts: 145

Originally posted by Lienhart

in fact I think all Japanese/Korean MMOs kick the shit out of NA/EU MMOs

lol WTF? Example please.

Argh

• DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337

Its unfinished because the devs said its unfinished.

Its unfinished because its been F2P for over a year now (Thats how bad it is)

Its unfinished because they said they are coming out with FFXIV "2.0" next september that will redo 90% of the game including: Maps, Classes, Auction houses, story line...they are even switching engines.

Its unfinished because only around 30k people play it now. 

its UNFINISHED....

(Or in better terms, its a pile of SH*T)

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos

• CeldainCeldain Member UncommonPosts: 119

if you spent 5 seconds looking around, you'd know ff14 is pretty much unplayable right now

• BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562

I am cosidering two choices of mmorpgs to play on my computer,but i can only have one of them downloaded because I can't afford both of them. Should I choose World of Warcraft,or Final Fantasy XIV?  I'd like to know what  the gameplay fun factor and difficulties.for both games are.

How would players pay for tthe monthly fees?  If they don't use PayPal,what paysite would they use?

-with WoW I haven't played since the cap was 80, so I can't really judge the game at current state.

-FFXIV is kind of boring, it's A LOT better than when it came out, with that being said it's still maybe a 5/10. You should invest time in it now if you are looking to play it for the long hall (into 2.0 and beyond), but if you are looking for something to play for enjoyment  right now, this is not the game for you.

I used regular CC to pay for WoW. With FFXIV square moved it and XI to the "click and buy" company or system whatever. You can also purchase "crysta" and then pay with crysta for monthly fees. XIV right now is b2p, but will start charging a sub fee sometime in december following the next patch.

• LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

I bought FF off Amazon for 4 pounds a few month back, I fully intend to try it when the games in a better state.

As of now, I'd recommend, WoW, Rift, LoTRO, CO, CoH, AoC or SWTOR

• Riverleaf_BRiverleaf_B Member Posts: 17

Would anyone recomend playing Final Fantasy 11,until Final Fantasy 14 is complete and ready?

What the abreviations of CO, CoH, AoC stand for?

And what  is the standard method of paying for the above mentioned mmos?

• mrxennonmrxennon Member Posts: 209

Would anyone recomend playing Final Fantasy 11,until Final Fantasy 14 is complete and ready?

FFXI looking very dated but is one of the best MMO's I have ever played, its changed a lot since I played it but high lvl's can group up with lowbies and scaled to your level. get into a linkshell and you shouldnt have a problem, their quests and missions are epic imo compared to the quests you get in other mmo's.  Recomend? yes I would.

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

No, I won't recommend FFXI. I played the game for years, and had a great time, but it's outdated, imo.

CO = Champions Online

CoH = City of Heroes

AoC = Age of Conan

I pay with visa for my subs. But I don't play any of these games. And for the record, I would advice you to forget you've ever heard about FFXIV. It's the worst crap in the history of MMOs, and patch 2.0 next year won't save it.

Edit:

Since you're considering World of Warcraft (WoW):

Just try it. It's completely free to play up to level 20 now.