Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Levels 1-10 are going to turn people off.

JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

I went to bed last night hating this game, absolutely no way I was going to buy it. Today, I hit level 10+, got my AC, Companion, Dbl Lightsaber, and did my first flash point. Does anyone else think levels 1-10 were horribly made?

Post 10, I'm loving the game. Going to be pre-ordering it now actually. 1-10 made me want to go to sleep. This is mostly to let people know to keep trying it, and to ask people if anyone else felt the same thing? I think it will turn a lot of people off.

Comments

• PoufPouf Member Posts: 341

People want to see so much of the game so fast.. In wow you had what ... smite and heal for level 1 to 10 at first it was boring , long and useless like hell. 

I did love level 1-10 a lot

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

I actually have that reaction to most games.  I gotta push myself past the 'learning' area because they are always.. shoot I don't know how to say it.  The beginning areas are 'just'.  The only game I played at had a great intro was AOC.

I self identify as a monkey.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

I agree that my level 11 and 12 were both more fun than the 10 level before. Took me 3 tries to make it to 10.

But then, it may also have been because my starting area (korriban) was in various terms one of the worst newbie zones i've ever played through in any mmorpg.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179

I enjoyed it, thought it had a great story and was actually surprised that I cleared it so quick. Anyone else remember how long it took to become a Jedi in KOTOR. XD

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

If a game is not fun from the moment you start playing it, that is a bad game.   So many MMORPG's are plagued by this.   How many recently released games have people said..."Just wait...give the game chance, it gets better at level X, because that is when the game gets good."    I dunno about anyone else, but I am tired of having to wait until level X to get to the part of the game that is "good".  The whole game should be good and fun.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

Originally posted by VoIgore

I agree that my level 11 and 12 were both more fun than the 10 level before. Took me 3 tries to make it to 10.

But then, it may also have been because my starting area (korriban) was in various terms one of the worst newbie zones i've ever played through in any mmorpg.

yea I went through Korriban too, hated it.

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

I think that it depends on th class. I had a blast with my smuggler on Ord Mantell, for me it was by far the best starter area experience in all themepark mmo's i played (EQ2, AoC, Rift, WoW).

• mrxennonmrxennon Member Posts: 209

Originally posted by Jimmydean

I went to bed last night hating this game, absolutely no way I was going to buy it. Today, I hit level 10+, got my AC, Companion, Dbl Lightsaber, and did my first flash point. Does anyone else think levels 1-10 were horribly made?

Post 10, I'm loving the game. Going to be pre-ordering it now actually. 1-10 made me want to go to sleep. This is mostly to let people know to keep trying it, and to ask people if anyone else felt the same thing? I think it will turn a lot of people off.

I didnt think they got any better except for getting your spaceship but then that gets old fast.  I got to lvl 18 and still didnt feel any better than when I was at lvl 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,..........and so on.

Originally posted by Teala

If a game is not fun from the moment you start playing it, that is a bad game.   So many MMORPG's are plagued by this.   How many recently released games have people said..."Just wait...give the game chance, it gets better at level X, because that is when the game gets good."    I dunno about anyone else, but I am tired of having to wait until level X to get to the part of the game that is "good".  The whole game should be good and fun.

I definitely agree. Even Rift had me hooked before level 10, SWTOR just didnt do it.

• ThodraThodra Member UncommonPosts: 444

disagree with a BIG D!! I love 1-10 absolutely LOVE IT

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

I've never enjoyed tutorial areas. I just accept them as a fact of MMORPGs and push through them.

kprriban is bearable for me, due to the other KOTOR games.....but barely.

Nal Hutta made me want to scream. I couldn't wait to get off that rock.

• Drekker17Drekker17 Member Posts: 296

I guess it matters what class you play. I played Jedi Knight, Trooper, Sith Inquisitor and Bounty Hunter. I found Jedi Knight extremely boring, I was forcing myself to suffer through, just so I could get a good perspective, but I quit at level 5. Trooper was ok, Sith good, but Bounty Hunter was the best.

Jedi Knight was so bad compared to the rest, I almost quit playing Swtor completely. Jedi Knight was the first one I played, so it wasn't burn out or something, now I can understand why it was dead last in the polls.

"Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, and small minds talk about people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security." -Norman Vincent Peale

• i have done agent 1-10 3 times and warrior 1-10 once and loved it each time.  but then again this is the kind of game i enjoy *shrugs shoulders*

• musicmannmusicmann Member UncommonPosts: 1,095

That's so wrong. I loved 1 -10 and now i'm 18. You blame the game when it is actually the person. This game is not meant for everyone and i know that there's many people who share my view on this.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Originally posted by musicmann

That's so wrong. I loved 1 -10 and now i'm 18. You blame the game when it is actually the person. This game is not meant for everyone and i know that there's many people who share my view on this.

I love the game. Don't get me wrong. I just hate tutorials.

• XexvXexv Member Posts: 308

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

Talk about friendly fire >_>
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

lol, the community has gotten so hyper sensative about the subject, its like the alliance system before WWI.  One spark and poof, the shelling begins.

I self identify as a monkey.

I feel like levels 1-10 are not indicative of how the rest of the game plays out. So to say it's the person is true, but it's not that the person hates the style of SWTOR, its that the person hates the style of 1-10 on SWTOR. Two very different things.

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by Drekker17

I guess it matters what class you play. I played Jedi Knight, Trooper, Sith Inquisitor and Bounty Hunter. I found Jedi Knight extremely boring, I was forcing myself to suffer through, just so I could get a good perspective, but I quit at level 5. Trooper was ok, Sith good, but Bounty Hunter was the best.

Jedi Knight was so bad compared to the rest, I almost quit playing Swtor completely. Jedi Knight was the first one I played, so it wasn't burn out or something, now I can understand why it was dead last in the polls.

have to agree here, jedi knight is just god awful which is really sad since it's probably the class many people will try first. Bounty hunter so far has been my favorite in starter quests and overall gameplay is a lot of fun. I really hate the smuggler cover system but sure some people will enjoy it. I wan't to play a shadow retail so haven't touched Counsler yet.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

I disagree, I thought I"d hate it a while ago, ever since NDA lifted I grew more interested, after finally logging on and playing I was convinced, I couldn't stop playing 1-10 until i literally passed out in my chair.

was duoing with my room mate doing all the quests together,  loved every minute of it.

I was a BH, he was an AI. 

Though when we got to 10 I agree, things only got better.

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

I disagree completely. The starting planet was the best part of my experience. Not excellent or even good enough to convince me to buy the game, but after starting on the grind on the capital planet, the fun was gone. So for me the real turnoff was beyond lvl 10.

• zimmy910zimmy910 Member UncommonPosts: 190

I actually loved the compact starter area. The running around after lvl 10 was disappointing tbh.

• shamallshamall Member CommonPosts: 516

Why does it take 14 levels to learn how to sprint...stupid

The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave

• SetsunSetsun Member UncommonPosts: 286

Name me a game with a better starting area. i played from 1-10 with a friend and loved the experience and story as a Sith Inquisitor.

• TalketzantoTalketzanto Member UncommonPosts: 205

I hate questing, I hate lvling, I hate everything accept pvp.........Buuuuuut.........I love the questing in this game(never thought ide say that).......I played for hours and didnt wanna get off......where normaly I pretty much force myself to lvl up in other games hating every second of it........

As far as pvp goes......I havn't tested it just yet.....But i think people are jumping the gun....Any game you play today at low lvls is going to be pretty dumbed down and easy.....because of lack of abilities and talant points....

I came here from age of conan (i think im still in the top 5 for kills in the north american servers) and that games early on is shit pvp......you got a few abilities and thats about it.....End game is way better and im sure most agree AOC takes the most skill in pvp then any other game on the market mmo wise (or at least use to be before the recent patches).....

I personally think pvp in this game could be great.....Dont be fooled by low lvl pvp...