Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 awesome game no doubt except...

2»

Comments

• GrahorGrahor Member Posts: 828

And the best feature for me, you don't have to GROUP with others in GW2! You just start bashing the same mob or mob group, somebody else joins, and there you all are, happily grinding mobs together in a flashmob in perfect harmony without ever having to acknowledge each other! And when you feel like not doing it anymore, you just logoff or go your way without feeling guilty for letting your groupmates down, because the event will immediately scale down, so they will not even notice that you are gone! And you still get reward for participation.

• GeobardiGeobardi Member Posts: 68

Originally posted by kylekbb

There is 2 things that maybe the breaker of GW2. They are.

1. The cash shop it will have to be handled right ,and kept a leash on it or it will become a pay to win.

2. The people thats always a breaker in games a great community can make or break a game. The worst community will kill it so fast its unreal.

What do you guys think?

1. They confirmed the cash shop will be the same as GW1 and it's only cosmetic and extra characters and storage.

2. The community in GW1 is awesome, and this game is constructed towards total cooperation of players, no KS, no griefing, etc. But, you are not going to get totally rid of assholes in ANY game...

• SupersoupsSupersoups Member Posts: 1,004

Originally posted by Grahor

And the best feature for me, you don't have to GROUP with others in GW2! You just start bashing the same mob or mob group, somebody else joins, and there you all are, happily grinding mobs together in a flashmob in perfect harmony without ever having to acknowledge each other! And when you feel like not doing it anymore, you just logoff or go your way without feeling guilty for letting your groupmates down, because the event will immediately scale down, so they will not even notice that you are gone! And you still get reward for participation.

I sense sarcasm in this post ; .O

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Originally posted by Supersoups

Originally posted by Grahor

I sense sarcasm in this post ; .O

Yes, the sarcasm seems strong in this one. ...happily grinding mobs together in a flashmob in perfect harmony...

Almost sounds like poetry.

imageimage
  • LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

1. The cash shop it will have to be handled right ,and kept a leash on it or it will become a pay to win.

2. The people thats always a breaker in games a great community can make or break a game. The worst community will kill it so fast its unreal.

What do you guys think?

If you had played GW1, you'd be reassured that these two points shouldn't be a problem.

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

Originally posted by Lashley

What do you guys think?

If you had played GW1, you'd be reassured that these two points shouldn't be a problem.

yust like that guy..i can assure you those are 2 points arenaet alrdy mastered..dont worry about those cuz community and stopping pay to win have always been arenanet's targets

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • AblestronAblestron Member Posts: 333

considering your not forced to party wth anyone you dont like, if someone starts being a jerk you have no obligation to play with them so you can just kick them from the group. And if your doing a dungeon and realize "this guys a prick" it wont matter, as your not relient on the prick for all your healing or tanking (cause ya know, different trinity) so you'll still have 4 compatent players to play with if you decide to mute the 5th guy who keeps blabing on about how good he is whilst geting beaten to a pulp. 

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Ablestron

considering your not forced to party wth anyone you dont like, if someone starts being a jerk you have no obligation to play with them so you can just kick them from the group. And if your doing a dungeon and realize "this guys a prick" it wont matter, as your not relient on the prick for all your healing or tanking (cause ya know, different trinity) so you'll still have 4 compatent players to play with if you decide to mute the 5th guy who keeps blabing on about how good he is whilst geting beaten to a pulp. 

Uhm, the dungeons will actually be pretty hard, at least after you cleared them in story mode.

You better have a great team if you want to complete those dungeons with one useless player, even if it isn't as bad as in a trinity game with a useless tank or healer. Not that it isn't possible or anything but since you have 1 prick I kinda assume you have a PUG and even good PUGs are not nearly close to a team that knows eachother well in any MMO.

I think we will have to kick people like that no matter, the guy who constantly dies while blaming everybody except himself will exist in any multiplayer RPG, trinity or no trinity. And having one leeching on a good group gets frustrating no matter what.

A slightly incompetent and nice player is not a problem though, it is just the really useless prick.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

What do you guys think?

1. The way they handled gear in GW2 makes that very unlikely. Even if they would sell level 80 gear there which is unlikely it still wont be pay2win since all lvl 80 is balanced.

2. Yeah, the community can at least take a lot of the fun out of a MMO, but that is true for all of them. At least they can't ninja loot in GW2 even though I am sure we will see the the player who quits halfway in a dungeon (the usual excuse is "Mom say I have to eat now, CYA).