Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

phases or instances or...

so i got into a pug to do the hate machine mission.  none of us had done the quest but ikept getting an error that i was in the wrong

phase.  the teamates insured they were not behind the green wall but i never saw them there.  they were able to rejoin but i couldnt

so i guess id like to know what was causing this wrong phase error?

Comments

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988

you are from another dimmension, another reality! Kill him :D

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

A bug i imagine, did you try swapping the leader to another player? That seemed to work for me.

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

Originally posted by zevni78

A bug i imagine, did you try swapping the leader to another player? That seemed to work for me.

na ill keep that in mind if it happens again.

• Nefari0usNefari0us Member Posts: 36

If you're in on a busy server, you could have just been in a different phase, which you can change using your map, bottom right hand corner.

Not happy with the current state of MMORPG's? Think you can do better? What would you do different?

Originally posted by Nefari0us

If you're in on a busy server, you could have just been in a different phase, which you can change using your map, bottom right hand corner.

ah thats what i was wondering.  so in swtor instances are called phases and sometimes you cant group with people in a different phase?

• Nefari0usNefari0us Member Posts: 36

Originally posted by VooDoo_Papa

ah thats what i was wondering.  so in swtor instances are called phases and sometimes you cant group with people in a different phase?

Exactly.  Basically, the server is really busy, so it spawns a second or third and puts new players on it.  They're on the same physical server as you, but they split you up into different instances of it so that it's not too crowded, you're not all all fighting over killing the same mobs, etc. 

If they're in a different phase, you have to switch phases to group with them, which you can do every 30 minutes.

Not happy with the current state of MMORPG's? Think you can do better? What would you do different?

Originally posted by VooDoo_Papa

Exactly.  Basically, the server is really busy, so it spawns a second or third and puts new players on it.  They're on the same physical server as you, but they split you up into different instances of it so that it's not too crowded, you're not all all fighting over killing the same mobs, etc. 

If they're in a different phase, you have to switch phases to group with them, which you can do every 30 minutes.

thanks bro