Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So... Rename the game to "Galaxies", change a few NPC names, and remove the Storm Trooper Armor....

So... Rename the game to "Galaxies", change a few NPC names, and remove the Storm Trooper Armor....

Then there is no need to acquire the Star Wars IP. Launch "Galaxies" as a new F2P game.

Ugh...   if only it was this easy.

Comments

• darkbladeddarkbladed Member Posts: 193

If it was pre NGE Id play it

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879

yeah i was actually hoping they would announce something like this at the last fan faire. go back to pre-nge get rid of all things star wars (which obviously would be a big undertaking)

I would wait.

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Short of it being pre-NGE, you might as well play:  http://www.clonewarsadventures.com/

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Ah, OP, now I see where you're coming from with your general stance on a particular other game using the SW IP ;-)

Don't flog me for it though, I'm not dead yet (and not a horse either).

• strykr619strykr619 Member UncommonPosts: 284

Originally posted by precious328

Then there is no need to acquire the Star Wars IP. Launch "Galaxies" as a new F2P game.

With what code? LucasArts has partial rights to the code of the game as well. Its too bad because they were planing on launching a pre-NGE server too, then the IP got pulled from under them. 

• nerrollusnerrollus Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 214

Originally posted by strykr619

With what code? LucasArts has partial rights to the code of the game as well. Its too bad because they were planing on launching a pre-NGE server too, then the IP got pulled from under them. 

lol, where'd you hear they were going to launch a pre-nge server?

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

I think the agreement with LA probably says that this was not allowed.  I think it would be too difficult an undertaking anyways for a mediocre game with little subscriptions.  :(

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• DedthomDedthom Member Posts: 541

Originally posted by wormywyrm

I think the agreement with LA probably says that this was not allowed.  I think it would be too difficult an undertaking anyways for a mediocre game with little subscriptions.  :(

Some game have been surviving along time on this.

""But Coyote, you could learn! You only prefer keyboard and mouse because that's all you've ever known!" You might say right before you hug a rainforest and walk in sandals to your drum circle where you're trying to raise group consciousness of ladybugs or whatever it is you dirty goddamn hippies do when you're not busy smoking pot and smelling bad."
    Coyote's Howling: Death of the Computer

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

- Change every building because they're all based on "Star Wars" architecture

- Change every vehicle

- Change every NPC conversation

- Change any terrain that looks even slightly like it could be from "Star Wars"

- Remake every piece of armor because they're all based on Star Wars lore

The list is MASSIVE!

It's not that it isn't "easy", what you're asking is impossible. SWG is dead. It has a minimal following and a code that is so filled with bugs that no producer BESIDES SOE would ever release it. You couldn't get timely updates and bug fixes in over 8 years while this game was MAKING money - why on earth would ANYONE want it now?

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    Best hope is another company taking the ideas and making a new mmo without lightsabers.
    SoE is focused on its own IP and smed confirmed he rather not do anymore IP not solely controlled by SoE.
    So its EQ next and PS2 .
  • RayzornRayzorn Member Posts: 7

What i would like to see is a Frelancer mmorpg with star wars galaxies groundbased pre nge profession, player housing, and crafting.

Skillbased game, with teampark game tutorials.

For pvp: 

Guildwars.

Arena games.

Speeder racing, and destruction derby.

Ship Racing.

Bounty hunting.

Make it so players can only add houses to expand the pre made planet cities. All housing spaces in the cities are pre set

so players can not randomly place a house in the middle of a street.

An example: Like if we could add our houses to mos eisely. The city would expand and get more features the more players move in.

Buy appartments onboard spacestations

This is just some ideas, they might not work, but it would be a blast if they do 

Sorry for the bad grammar hehe

• hipiaphipiap Member UncommonPosts: 393

The simpler route would be to design a Game with All the basic concepts that SW:G has....but contact Mel Brooks' people and build a Spaceballs: The MMO game.

Force = Schwartz

Etc......

MMO History: 2528 days in SW:G

• VeldekarVeldekar Member Posts: 220

Originally posted by hipiap

The simpler route would be to design a Game with All the basic concepts that SW:G has....but contact Mel Brooks' people and build a Spaceballs: The MMO game.

Force = Schwartz

Etc......

^^ This.ROFL. I'd play this game in a heartbeat.

*May the Schwartz be wit-ya*- Yogurt

Edit:spelling

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Force = Schwartz

Etc......

The problem with this is that the PvP would be unbalanced. Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Originally posted by Ceridith

Force = Schwartz

Etc......

The problem with this is that the PvP would be unbalanced. Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

And pvp is Always balanced elsewhere?

Originally posted by Veldekar

Force = Schwartz

Etc......

^^ This.ROFL. I'd play this game in a heartbeat.

*May the Schwartz be wit-ya*- Yogurt

Edit:spelling

No Iconic or Spaceballzy character templates...

I want to craft Dotmatrix Droids? I can haz Droidmaker as a profession.

I want to be a Mog? I can call myself Puke

I want to be a Space Gunner? I can create a crosseyed character with the name Lance Corporal Phillip K Dick or Willie Arsehole.

After 90 days, you can unlock the Winnebago 120 Series

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by Ceridith

Force = Schwartz

Etc......

And pvp is Always balanced elsewhere?

I think it was a Spaceballs quote :P

Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.