Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is SWTOR no one want's to talk about.

Since the NDA is lifted.

This is an experience of extensive testing.

I don't care to list the issues, but the game is utterly broken if you get over level20. There is nearly no area where you don't run into a game-breaking bug.

There were no patch that didn't mess up existing high level characters.

The story itself becomes dull and repeatative at higher levels, in fact it's like 20 quests rotating with different names and locations, not to mention 80% of the quests(non class-specific quests) are the same for every class.

The end-game is 3 4men heroics , one raid, 3 battle grounds(which are not just end-game, but i list them to make things look better) and 1 free open world battleground. Got bored of them after 3 days.

With only 2 weeks left till early-access I warn you to not get into this crap if you want to avoid a great deal of frustration.

This will be an immature launch. There is simply not enough time to fix these problems.

Edit: I am not interested in trolling or what ever you like. I'm passing out my and freind's exp. from swtor.

Games played: Owerall ower 500+
MMORPG's played: SWG, ALL GW, WOW, L2, EVE, etc...

Comments

• easternstormeasternstorm Member Posts: 76

ive watched the streams looks fine to me just some threat issues so imhappy QQ

• select20select20 Member Posts: 130

First person out of like 100 I've seen say that the game sucks. Hmm.... Yeah, I'll listen to the majority rather than the one person.

"Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it."

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183
    I can't say that I have experienced these issues myself. In fact, the further I get into the game, the better the stories get, and the more I want to play.

Also, I have been apparently lucky, as I have not run across these bugs you mention in the post 20 areas.

Strange.

• pmaurapmaura Member UncommonPosts: 530

Do you care to post any of these game breaking bugs becuase I experiernce none of them.

This is troll here.

All PVP, Wargrournds, Flash Points and Heroics are great. Will some people get bored of them yes, But for the life of me i dont see how people in WoW have been doing the same raids for more then 2 yearas.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

I can't say that I have experienced these issues myself. In fact, the further I get into the game, the better the stories get, and the more I want to play.

Also, I have been apparently lucky, as I have not run across these bugs you mention in the post 20 areas.

Strange.

Nor have I - although I've only experienced the Consular and Smuggler post 20.

• manakanamanakana Member Posts: 75

I'm in the beta too and i have to agree with OP.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Wow. It really must be a huge conspiracy; seeing how the NDA has dropped and you are the first that mentions the shocking truth here.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by DarkPony

Wow. It really must be a huge conspiracy; seeing how the NDA has dropped and you are the first that mentions the shocking truth here.

Its terrible pony, but didn't you know they where plotting against you?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• WhackoWhacko Member UncommonPosts: 137

Bugs can be expected, however they are getting squashed rapidly.

I fully expect speed bumps along the way, however if we judged every game from a beta experience, there would be few if any games worthy of the mighty entertainment dollar.

I do respect your views and you do touch on some key elements, but don't you believe that the game has shown worthy consideration to be atleast given a chance to launch?

After launch if certain aspects exist that create an atmosphere of dissent among the masses then I trust Bioware will react to the issues at hand. I for one am leaning towards enjoying the launch for what it's worth. 

• DoushiDoushi Member UncommonPosts: 96

Beta has bugs, launch will have bugs, there isnt an mmo that has launched without bugs, deal with it.

its true that swtor isnt perfect game with never seen content and endgame, and has things I dont like.

But good things outweight the bad ones for me.

mmorpg.com, the 4chan of mmo forums.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183
    I would also like to add that as far as bugs and completion, SWTOR is in far better condition than any other beta that I have experienced. Many games have launched in FAR worse condition.

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480

No MMO seems to have a great launch :/

Wow was the same when it was new, Infact wow didn't have ANY raids for months after release and only a handful of instances, there was nothing to do at end game for ages except random world pvp (which had no rewards).  Most quest were also extremely tedious, the wow now is nothing like it was back then but it took them well over a year to fix most of the core problems.

Most likely they are focusing on fixing bugs you will see in the early-mid level content.  The higher level stuff they can fix in the weeks after launch since most people will take weeks to get there and won't even see it.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

"You were deceived..."

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

In hindsight it makes so much sense ... Weasel's sly smile, gaou's and whilan's posting scheduals perfectly matching the Bioware Austin office work day, RavingRabbid's distraction with the plunger ...

...I think I just didn't want to see the obvious truth.

Closed my eyes for it.

I ... I ... just didn't know how to deal with it ...

*trots off looking for a steep cliff face*

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

Can we pretend that the mid-clorians never existed please? thank you thank you

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Too little endgame at launch? Really?

Every single MMO ever made including Wow had that issue from launch, is there even a single person who expected anything else here or in any other releasing game?

The crew usually put the work into getting the gamne done and then polish up and release most raids and endgame dungeons a while after launch.

As for bugs, they still have a month to find them, complain after release about that.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

What game breaking bugs would you be referring to? I saw some slight issues in the few months that I've tested nothing that I would call game-breaking or even all that frustrating. The biggest issue I've faced was some slow down from time to time and hitching that was largely done away with during the second build I tested.

Why is it that whenever someone posts about "all these bugs", they never actually do as much as at least give just one example?

edit- as for the slow down, I think that had more to do with my system than the game, considering my GFX card just gave out on me a few days ago, it was old... Now I'm stuck playing Skyrim on PS3 /sadpanda...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600

Why do people focus so much on end game... it is ridiculous. I remember when end game was some scrolling credits. People need to realize there is a whole game before the end and stfu. 

Alternately companies can just have a mini game that plays while the game is loading and then everything after the 5 minute mini game can be end game content. 

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

In hindsight it makes so much sense ... Weasel's sly smile, gaou's and whilan's posting scheduals perfectly matching the Bioware Austin office work day, RavingRabbid's distraction with the plunger ...

...I think I just didn't want to see the obvious truth.

Closed my eyes for it.

I ... I ... just didn't know how to deal with it ...

*trots off looking for a steep cliff face*

shhh Pony if they find out i'm erikson they never will let it drop. I'm trying to falsely hype this game up to insane levels so people will buy it so the big wigs at EA don't can my arse. I was already late for work a couple of days and thats grounds for termination at the big evil company that is EA, I managed to "weasel" my way out of it by ensuring them that i could fool enough people if i did interviews with my great abs that people would buy the game in droves :P

All kidding aside, I can't say what is past level 20, but we are about to see in less then 2 hours if there is any weight to the OP claims (at least for those that were in the previous weekend) as we are most likely able to get past 20 in the 3 or so days they give us.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• jadan2000jadan2000 Member UncommonPosts: 508

wife and i have been in beta since August, and teh game has never been that bad at all. There have been tiems where story quests were broken, but it never stopped people from leveling because you can level from Clas quests, reg. quests, PVP, Warzones, Space combat, flashpoints, heroics, world boss kills.... FYI, ive never seen a game at launch have so much content.....

As far as end game is concerned. When you get to end game, u can use Hard mode on all flashpoints, which automatically bring the flashpoints to level 50 Also currenty there are nowhere near enough level 50's in beta to have a good experience with world PVP, especially in Illum, which is humongous by the way. That planet is atleast teh size of tatooine from SWG.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

OP I think what you experienced was a result of the last huge patch not having a wipe included, which broke a lot of stuff for a lot of players but it's just beta.  Were you to create a new character, they wouldn't have those broken items.

Things like, some characters couldn't use a certain weapon they had anymore due to some recent changes.

As for game breaking bugs, aside from a week ago where you would randomly get stuck anywhere on TARIS which has been fixed, I really haven't encountered anything I would consider gamebreaking.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

Been watching a stream past week (Towellie). Started watching when he was level 16 and now hes 32 and the story has only gotten better. Also only 2 major bugs I've noticed was one flashpoint that crashed when you load into it and Voidstar crashed every time. The game is certainly not completely broken above 20.

• steelrain666steelrain666 Member UncommonPosts: 140

Well i'm still getting it, looks good to me

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Sorry, but I played the game and know better. This game is more stable than games like SWG was in its entire existence. You might want to run that line of bull on a community that hasn't actually played the game, if one even exists at this point.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• ArakaneArakane Member UncommonPosts: 204

ok, I have to re-state the obvious.  A game in which the main feature is the story and in which the game is an mmo means.....there is no end-game. The story may, and hopefully will, keep evolving but does not end, so, in the words of the prophets, "forgetaboutit".

As to the op, ........nm,, not worth saying :)

This discussion has been closed.