Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

inquisitor: sorcerer playstyle

curious what the playstyle is of this class specifically in regard to their light saber.  theyre described as a ranged class so is

the saber a stat stick or decoration?  or do they use their single blade during combat?

Comments

• powerbaitpowerbait Member Posts: 113

Most of your combat will be ranged stuff, including stuns and other things to keep people at bay.  However you do have a single light saber and skills that you can use in melee combat as well as a knockback.  I doubt the damage you will put out in melee combat would come anywhere near what a melee DD would do.

------------------------------
    We don't have a great war in our generation, or a great depression, but we do, we have a great war of the spirit. We have a great revolution against the culture. The great depression is our lives.
    ~Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

• the420kidthe420kid Member UncommonPosts: 440

It is used in many of the animation of your abilties and definetly ups your coolness factor but at higher level you will not actualy use it much.  However as you sated it is a huge stat dump being that it has 4 slots for upgrades (more stats), but no you wont be "using" it directly to much as a caster unless you went for more of a battlemage style which is possible but not recomeneded from what I have tested / seen the sorc is quite a powerful dps caster and or healer.

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

thanks guys.  sort of what i expected.  can you change advanced classes once you choose one?

• AndelithAndelith Member UncommonPosts: 20

No you can't change your AC once you pick it, at least no option is available right now, they did mention being able to change it once upon a time but it seems they decided against it

• XirikXirik Member UncommonPosts: 440

Originally posted by VooDoo_Papa

thanks guys.  sort of what i expected.  can you change advanced classes once you choose one?

nope

I pwned as a sorc in warzones! I would generally be up above people throwing lightning and heals. whenever I was in melee combat it was when they were ontop of me and spell knockbacks were making it hard to do my force powers.

"You have some serious mental issues you may need to seek some help for. There are others who post things, but do not post them in the way you do. Out of every person who posts crazy shit in this forum, you have some of the craziest and scariest" -FarReach

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

All you need to know as a Sith Sorcerer is that you'll never be as cool as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZb4__FpGxE

Nah they aren't gonna allow AC changes, but they are talking about possible dual specs for talents, but who knows.

We don't have a great war in our generation, or a great depression, but we do, we have a great war of the spirit. We have a great revolution against the culture. The great depression is our lives.

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

My 1st toon will be a Sith Sorcerer. I havent decided if im going lightning or healing specs yet...decisions...decisions......and thats the fun of it all!

***Raving Rabbid's double plunger weapon is the envy of the universe!***

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

Originally posted by AzurePrower

All you need to know as a Sith Sorcerer is that you'll never be as cool as this:

good point.  i watched some sorcerer pvp vids and its not my playstyle.  too much retreating and attacking 

unsuspecting enemies.  though id really like to play a healer or at least have the option to.  oh well

warrior may actally be more fitting for me.  thanks again all

• LeoghanLeoghan Member Posts: 607

I am pretty sure they are going to allow AC respecing to a degree. 

Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller

The design goal and reason why we settled on this method is as follows.

People make mistakes. Quite a lot actually, surprisingly. The line 'omg, I picked the wrong AC' shows up more than you might expect in our chatlogs.

We do want your AC choice to matter, but we also don't want to punish simple mistakes. So, the current design is that changing your advanced class initially is cheap (e.g. changing it right at level 10 is almost free). 

As you gain levels, the price increases dramatically, and quickly. At level 20, it might just be out of reach for almost everyone. The exact pricing curve is still being tweaked based on testing, of course. 

We definitely know this is a controversial topic in the community, but we feel that this solution gives us the best of both worlds.

Short: We allow for mistakes and short term buyer's remorse, but don't realistically allow for changing your advanced class like pants.

• ArezonArezon Member UncommonPosts: 282

Originally posted by RavingRabbid

My 1st toon will be a Sith Sorcerer. I havent decided if im going lightning or healing specs yet...decisions...decisions......and thats the fun of it all!

***Raving Rabbid's double plunger weapon is the envy of the universe!***

My first toon will also be Sith Sorcerer and I'll be going Lightning. If I decide to swtich at the last possible second, I'll go Bounty Hunter.

Originally posted by VooDoo_Papa

Originally posted by AzurePrower

good point.  i watched some sorcerer pvp vids and its not my playstyle.  too much retreating and attacking 

unsuspecting enemies.  though id really like to play a healer or at least have the option to.  oh well

warrior may actally be more fitting for me.  thanks again all

well, if you don't mind a non-force user you also have the option to go for a BH or an operative.  I can say I've been playing a healing Sorc and it is fun.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

As a healer, sometimes it is emminent to save power, so i was expecting that sorcereres would be ding damage in groups using some kind of standard attack at minimal power cost, to still do some damage while saving power for healing or major crowd controll.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)