Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Five Reasons GW2 Will Destroy Every Other MMO (Edit: Satire, not to be taken seriously)

Comments

• FozzikFozzik Member UncommonPosts: 539

Originally posted by vesavius

Originally posted by Fozzik
    Theres nothing wrong with that which would warrant the amount of ire that it draws from some people.

No there isn't Fozz, but lets be a bit careful here...
    Over on the SWtOR side of thing the lightest negative critcism is seized on and the poster personally savaged in order to shut the debate down, I don't really want that to be the norm here (not that I am suggesting thats what your doing... I am just talking about knee jerk defensive reactions in general).
    We don't need to be over sensitive and on the defense, this game is obviously going to be a great evolution of the genre. It won't be perfect, fine, but it will be good enough that the odd imperfection won't be a worry.
    This game is good enough and speaks loudly enough for itself to stand a bit of gentle prodding. :)

Understood. Sorry.

It sometimes gets a little...taxing...to constantly be called a mindless fanboy just because I'm excited about a game. Even if it's in jest, it grates on the soul.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

Theres nothing wrong with that which would warrant the amount of ire that it draws from some people.

Over on the SWtOR side of thing the lightest negative critcism is seized on and the poster personally savaged in order to shut the debate down, I don't really want that to be the norm here (not that I am suggesting thats what your doing... I am just talking about knee jerk defensive reactions in general).

We don't need to be over sensitive and on the defense, this game is obviously going to be a great evolution of the genre. It won't be perfect, fine, but it will be good enough that the odd imperfection won't be a worry.

This game is good enough and speaks loudly enough for itself to stand a bit of gentle prodding. :)

Understood. Sorry.

It sometimes gets a little...taxing...to constantly be called a mindless fanboy just because I'm excited about a game. Even if it's in jest, it grates on the soul.

I think the mods are in sympathy to the SW fanbois to, as my account got temp suspended because I had some constructive criticism about box sales, I wrote my objections and they cant even be bothered to reply because they know i'm right. Not that it really matters or concerns people really but I'm seeing so many baiting threads against GW2 and nothing is said or done about them, but dare speak out against SW then we are hung out to dry.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Understood. Sorry.

I get it, honestly:)

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532

I wholehartedly agree with everything except that inept stab at 1970's wallpapers which I consider the greatest artistic movement in history... except for GW2 concept art that is.

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Taking the subject matter seriously....

As a confirmed Anet/GW/GW2 fanboy I was seriously over hyped for GW2, I never took everything as a positive but still loved what I was reading and loved Anet for what they did and what they are doing. My visit to Eurogamer to play the demo was a bit of an initial downer, seriously I don't know what I was expecting but there was a hint of disappointment when I first got my grubby hands on the game, what do you mean it's only a game??? It was a great experience but it wasn't the second coming.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by biggarfoot

I think the...

I agree Big, but I would do a fast edit on that post. It won't go down well with the guys you are talking about.

• MavacarMavacar Member Posts: 328
    Opposite for me. I was a SWTOR follower until I played GW2 the first time been converted since.
  • MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

This thread, which was an honest attempt at satire, has been reported.  I'm changing the title back to what I had originally put so that I can't be accused ot baiting anyone.  I've also added an introduction to the post explaining my reasonings for posting.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

Regardless of what it was meant for, i got a good laugh out of the reading. 

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• VandarixVandarix Member UncommonPosts: 177

Originally posted by EvilGeek

Not buying it unless it solves the mystery of my disappearing socks!

The Underpants Gnomes are at it again!

John Mesh, reported that two days ago in his downtown Atlanta home 64 tiny men raided his Apartment and beat him unconscious. When he regained consciousness he awoke to a clean house, with no valuables missing. However, he did notice that the underpants he was wearing were mysteriously gone as well as his socks.. He checked his underpants drawer and there was a note that read.

"Work all day,

Search for underpants hey!

We won't stop until we have underpants!

Yum yum yummy yum yay!

Time to go to work,

Work all night,

Search for underpants yay!

We won't stop until we have underpants!

Yum yum yummy yum yay!"

Ps. Thx for the socks.

Underpants Gnomes

The Underpants Gnomes are back! And this time they want your socks too.

• ClerigoClerigo Member UncommonPosts: 400

You forgot the 72 virgins...

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

I have a well-developed sense of humor...

If thats what you want to call it. I personally wouldnt.  Your post was trying to bait into a trollfest MUCH more than the OP.

Originally posted by Clerigo

You forgot the 72 virgins...

Dont you mean one 72yr old virgin?

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

true story

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• Servant-XIIServant-XII Member Posts: 34

I read the OP and got the tongue in cheek mood of it though I didn't think any of it was funny just based on the fact that I didn't think it was humorous (sorry bruh).

But I agree that discussion on hype is legitimate when it comes to these games. Personally, I don't like high fantasy games of any sort but Guild Wars 2 is the first MMORPG in a long time that has me excited (I did the same thing for SWtOR and TSW and just lost the love during my research). But it only has me that way because of a ton of research I've done and continue to do. There is no doubt that I'm going to play this game and though it won't solve world hunger, it will be a game where hours of fun and enjoyment will be had for years to come, which is really what I'm looking for and I think most people are. I just may be a lot more discriminating than most.

CoH Supergroup: The Millennium Paladins

Originally posted by xenogias

If thats what you want to call it. I personally wouldnt.  Your post was trying to bait into a trollfest MUCH more than the OP.

I know you are but what am I? I know you are but what am I? Infinity.

Now Pee Wee's Big Adventure...THAT'S funny.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Nah, Canada Wildlife Service documentaries are much funnier tbh.

• spaceportspaceport Member Posts: 405
    If you compare GW2 to older and some incoming mmos, some of those points are actually true. :P

"Esport with tournaments is for hardcore pvp'rs that want to be competitive. Openworld PVP with ganking and griefing is for casuals that just wants their pvp mixed with pve from time to time."
    otacu

• heavyhebrewheavyhebrew Member Posts: 309

Originally posted by DarkPony

Nah, Canada Wildlife Service documentaries are much funnier tbh.

Too bad Canada isn't a real country.

ZING!

By the way, OP, I herd Guild Wars 2 will open the gates into the Land of Mudkips, 'dis tru?

TRUST THE COMPUTER! THE COMPUTER IS YOUR FRIEND!

Stay Alert! Trust No One! Keep Your Laser Handy!

Yellow Clearance Black Box Blues!

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

I was just visited by my "future" self, who travelled back in time to tell me to make sure I buy the collectors edition of GW2. Not sure what that is all about but if you can't trust yourself, who can you trust.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Bitchassness :D

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Originally posted by MMOtoGO

Originally posted by gimmekey

...but will it blend?

I will do anything that anybody wants it to do!

Can it phase in easter eggs that pop out and tell us how sensational the art team is?Can we create our own tool bar so we can create a macro that turns static art into 3d animation?

Gw2 reminds me of something but in a funny way....

I have an analogy that i hope makes sense.Remember those times you see a real hot chick across the street,then you do something stupid because you were too busy gawking at her,like walk into a sign or trip over something.Well Gw2 is like that hot women across the street but she is invisible.That is what i see from fanbois of this game,they are staring/stumbling over stuff at this super hot women but are looking at an invisible women,a game that doesn't exist yet.

This goes along with the title of "destroy other MMO's".it is impossible to fall for that chick across the street if she is not even there,but MANY people have been taken in  by a mirage in the desert.This genre is like a desert right now badly dried up ,people will see all kinds of mirages out there.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by xenogias

I know you are but what am I? I know you are but what am I? Infinity.

I see what you did there. And that actually is a well developed sense of humor :P

• alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936

Originally posted by MMOtoGO

(Edit: This is satire and should not be taken as a knock at any game or fan whatsoever.  It was my attempt to humourously discuss how fans might over-promise the greatness of a game to the point at which no game could ever live up to.  I'm sorry if anyone thought this was baiting or anything less than a less-than-stellar attempt at satirical humor). I am an avid Guild Wars 2 fan and even contribute toward a GW2 fansite and also have a video blog.  Hopefully this clears up any doubts I have about Guild Wars 2 personally.)

I wanted to post my top five reasons that you will quit your current MMO to play GW2:

#1: GW2 actually gives you immortality.  True story.  Guild Wars 2 has been developed by ArenaNet who have proven to be the greatest creative minds on the planet and they have included scrips in their revolutionary engine that actually makes players immortal.  When you buy Guild Wars 2, you will be infused with those same qualities that make GW2 impervious to criticism and will make you impervious to disease, sickness and even death.

#2: GW2's pvp is so great that nations will be using to solve disputes, thus ending real-wars as we know it.  Think of the countless lives that will be saved when armies will log-in to their GW2 accounts instead of actually going to the field of battle.  The PvP is so emotional an engaging that nations will solve all disputes in the Battle for Khylo.

#3: GW2's community is so mature and helpful that it will replace school classrooms.  Schools as we know it will close and students will all log into their GW2 characters to learn reading, writing and arithmetic.  To faciliate this,  a new dynamic event entitled "Caithe vs. the Dragon of Algebra" will be implemented next semester."  The Asura will also be gaining the trait "SCIENCE" which buffs players with a chemistry lessons.

#4: GW2's art is so breathtaking that musemus will burn all former classic works of art (i.e., Mona Lisa) and replace them with Guild Wars 2 concept art.  Once this art is viewed by the public, anything less looks like 1970's wallpaper.

#5: Once GW2 is released, nations band together to rename Earth to Tyria and "in time we'll be dancing in the streets all night."

No wonder everyone is so hyped about this game.  I sure hope the hype matches the game :D

LOL ...and can I hear an AH-MEN please

I do believe we should archive so that the next BIG thing that comes out and we have to endure that it will kill this game or that game..or how revolutionary and breathtaking or "NEXT-GEN" it is...

sighs...really folks...I do hope some of us here are adult enough to get over the new toy syndrome

MMO's are not a religious experience...or are they?

Nice thread..refreshingly witty...but sadly we will see future threads on the next BIG game to release..and we'll hear the same ol' tired criticisms and fanboy exultations that some us will simply close our eyes and say..here we go again....

Alyn

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

Originally posted by eyelolled
    I was just visited by my "future" self, who travelled back in time to tell me to make sure I buy the collectors edition of GW2. Not sure what that is all about but if you can't trust yourself, who can you trust.

Did you make out with yourself? I've heard that's the thing to do.

My future self came back and said that a year from now, all the people hating on GW2 are strangely silent. Wonder why that would be.

By the way, GW2 will also be able to calculate the answer to life, the universe, and everything in a little less than half an hour once the game launches. That will be pretty interesting...and after that we can set the game to work on finding the question.