Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

alcoholic

Can't help to think why on earth me and mom gets calm by sniffing alcohol (Isopropyl Alcohol). Way back then I thought it's like a habit for us. But then last week we experienced a really really tragic thing... my bro had an accident and died.

We were really nervous and really shaking with anger and sadness. My aunt gave us some sniffing liquid medicine some soft of depressant or something but we didn't like that one so we prefer sniffing alcohol instead.

Any ideas why alcohol calm us down?

Comments

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

I am not sure why your asking this question here. If you can ask here, you probably already read on medical websites to see if its safe or what the causes of your actions are. In which case you know the activity your partaking in causes permanent brain damage, is addictive and can lead to any number of addictive behaviours. I'm not talking about it being a gateway drug. Rather it in and of itself is a addictive substance.

Small Snippit:

Cognitive Effects

Chemicals often pass easily from the respiratory tract into the bloodstream, and from there, they're rapidly transported to the brain. Like ethanol or drinking alcohol, isopropyl alcohol is a toxin, and affects brain cell function. OSHA guidelines for rubbing alcohol note that toxicology studies in humans show that smelling the alcohol in high concentrations or for a long period can lead to mental changes, including dizziness. In extreme cases, it's possible for individuals who have purposely smelled large amounts of rubbing alcohol to exhibit narcosis, or a drugged state as a result of having introduced large amounts of the toxin, according to OSHA