Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Doomed!

DoomsayerDoomsayer Member Posts: 344

Well with that press release it really did sound like more of a cancellation than it being postponed. I for one am disheartened. I love alternate reality stories, and I thought they had a very interesting premise going. I guess maybe getting the license for Warhammer caused them to realocate their rescources and just couldn't justify continued development of Imperator. Which is a bummer, cause the MMORPG market is swollen with Fantasy releases and Imperator would have at least been something different.

Everything born must die. All that is, will come to ruin. This is the essence of Doom. So sayeth the Doomsayer.

Comments

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

I was looking forward to Imperator as well.

Their marketing prolly judge it would be more rentable to focus hard on warhammer now then release Imperator before.  It is hard to say, Imperator is a wild card, it COULD have turn extremely well.

Warhammer is a safe value, and investors like safe values more.  I would have done the opposite decision myself assuming I have a 100% control and no arguing to do with anyone, no investor to please, finishing Imperator would have HELP with the Warhammer sells if they do fine and the product have a good quality.

See, now peoples will read pre-views and everything on Mythic would be around DAoC...could have been nice to stuff the CV prior the big bad release, and putting Warhammer in 2008 instead of 2007 would prolly be extremely good(vs others MMOs, the market share getting bigger, more options for consoles versions).

But nothing is ever settle in cold iron, and I am sure some folks at Mythic would keep arguing...and hopefully they would bring Imperator back...

Yet, despite all this, Warhammer is hyping me more then Imperator could...this decision was a business decision, and I am sure many dev are still crying...

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

Yeah, I've surprisingly never played DAoC so I was looking forward to trying out a new Mytic title.  Luckily, Warhammer is a cool franchise and Mythic will hopefully deliver it some justice. 

I would rather see the 40k version of Warhammer however :)

• mcoltmcolt Member Posts: 2

DAMN, Finally a good company like mythic decides to make a PvE focused MMORG, even more with DaoC Base, wich i simnply love, but am bored of, and what happens :

Wait 1 year, no, 1 more, not now, sorry, later. Ahh, almost there, E3 ? maybe.

Yeah, SOON. Like Blizzard SOON...

U heard about Blizzard soon, right ? Well, Mythic gave the word a new meaning - means NEVER, even if the hell froze.

Can i be pissed ? well, i am. I was simply waiting for the game, like u wait for a candy or a girl. Now its bitter, the dream girl just shagged the guy u hate, and got new stupid friends, all smoking pot. That means ure out and now shes a W****, even worst, she will shag everybody but u !!! :P

Thats how i feel, and even if Mythic (thats a bad word, sorry for my language) decides to launch Imperator now, its wasted, like the POT W**** Girl...

• DoomsayerDoomsayer Member Posts: 344
    yeah Warhammer 40k would be a better option considering whats already out there and whats in development. But I dont think thats the way they are headed....just another Fantasy MMORPG.

Everything born must die. All that is, will come to ruin. This is the essence of Doom. So sayeth the Doomsayer.

• krazedkaozkrazedkaoz Member Posts: 17

Well this sucks. I was looking foward to Imperator not Warhammer. ::::12::
    Oh well still holding out for Centia Online. http://www.centia-online.com/ ::::28::

• DztructionUKDztructionUK Member Posts: 33

YAY MORE SHIITY FANTASY GAMES, POINT AND CLICK CARE BEAR LAND HERE WE COME!!!1111one

gank gank gank gank gank...

• humantycoonhumantycoon Member Posts: 63

Good riddance I say. Even Mythic is realizing creating a me too EQ clone isn't going to cut it anymore.

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787

I think it's just very hard to make money with a sci fi game unless you have a small budget (which Mythic doesn't, really) or you have a franchise to sell (like Star Wars). The market for sci fi games that are not flight simulation type games is pretty thin I think in that it is divided into many subgroups, none of which can really support a big budget game. So making a sci fi title is ... risky business, really.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Originally posted by mcolt

DAMN, Finally a good company like mythic decides to make a PvE focused MMORG, even more with DaoC Base, wich i simnply love, but am bored of, and what happens :
    Wait 1 year, no, 1 more, not now, sorry, later. Ahh, almost there, E3 ? maybe.

Yeah, SOON. Like Blizzard SOON...

U heard about Blizzard soon, right ? Well, Mythic gave the word a new meaning - means NEVER, even if the hell froze.

Can i be pissed ? well, i am. I was simply waiting for the game, like u wait for a candy or a girl. Now its bitter, the dream girl just shagged the guy u hate, and got new stupid friends, all smoking pot. That means ure out and now shes a W****, even worst, she will shag everybody but u !!! :P

Thats how i feel, and even if Mythic (thats a bad word, sorry for my language) decides to launch Imperator now, its wasted, like the POT W**** Girl...

*giggles*

IMO, this is more like the person you where hoping to get with just tell you: ''Sorry, I need to study to become a uberprofessionofuberland, maybe in 12 years after my 3rd doctorate''.

Now you are blinking...blinking again, looking at the big books that person read...blink again and walk away still blinking wondering if you exist on the same plane of existence!  image

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren