Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG gives award to LOTRO for expansion??

Are you kidding me? The reason i stopped playing that game was the expansion was simply another set of skirms and dungeons, a new zone which was tiny in itself, and some more story where there are hardly any voices overs and nothing new to do accept dailies and grinding rep (which rep grinding is really painless in this game but that's not the point). 

My point is, here's a whole new expansion and absolutely NO innovation to improve the game was done. No ui improvements, no voice overs, no enhancements to looting, housing, storage, cosmetics. 

Sure they improved the classes and how they handle fighting and skills but seriously, that shouldn't have been the only thing they should have updated. There has been pleanty of room for overall improvement. And seeing that they received best expansion reward from this website is just amazingly wrong imo due to everything they left out and should have included.

Comments

• HardWalkerHardWalker Member Posts: 84

$

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

have to agree..beggars beleif.moria was way better ex pk

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

Moria is the only xpac the game has seen and most people didnt like it. Everything Turbine has sold since would, in any other MMO, have been patched in free content.

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

• deadmilkdeadmilk Member Posts: 173

mmorpg.com will give an award to anything that's F2P..

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Yeah Rise of Isengard is sorry excuse for an expansion.  One zone, most linear quests Lotro even had + you have to complete one hub to unlock next, grind old instances,  Raid still bugged after all this weeks + p2w in PvPm.

mwhahahaha  fail

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Erm well...Lotro seems to be a bit of an advertiser on this site, at least I have seen their add in the background so yeah.  Generally a gaming site/magazine is not going to knock one of the people giving them money.  Just they way the world works...

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Editorial and advertising are handled completely separately. If you want to give feedback though, you can always use the contact us link.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• HexipoxHexipox Member UncommonPosts: 241

In Denmark we have one PC magazine. They once gave AOC 10/10 saying it was the best  MMO to date, it was better than WOW. Because the time they had to test it was only the first 20 levels on 2-3 different classes. Which I would have to agree, was very well made and when I played it, the first days till level 20 was awesome, I felt it was like the best mmo ever. I agreed with them.

A month later it turned out to be a disaster as anything past level 20 was horrible, bugs, didn’t work, no loot, about anything past level 20 didn’t work at all. After that failure from the magazine, they went out to say sorry to all their readers and from that date they only tell what is new about a coming MMO, what their thoughts are, but not saying anything towards if it will be good or bad.

Maybe this is the same form MMO? they don’t have the time to firmly test it out to say if its good or bad. In that case, then they should just do like this magazine in Denmark…

Originally posted by Hexipox

In Denmark we have one PC magazine. They once gave AOC 10/10 saying it was the best  MMO to date, it was better than WOW. Because the time they had to test it was only the first 20 levels on 2-3 different classes. Which I would have to agree, was very well made and when I played it, the first days till level 20 was awesome, I felt it was like the best mmo ever. I agreed with them.

A month later it turned out to be a disaster as anything past level 20 was horrible, bugs, didn’t work, no loot, about anything past level 20 didn’t work at all. After that failure from the magazine, they went out to say sorry to all their readers and from that date they only tell what is new about a coming MMO, what their thoughts are, but not saying anything towards if it will be good or bad.

Maybe this is the same form MMO? they don’t have the time to firmly test it out to say if its good or bad. In that case, then they should just do like this magazine in Denmark…

As I stated on a different thread about game reviews. I think this happens all the time with most games, be it MMO or single player. I also think game devs know this which is why the first few levels / hours of play seem to be pretty good even in bad games. Your PC magazine reveiw was based on what they had time to actually see and play. Free trials can be deceptive as well. Starting areas are usually pretty well polished in most games.  

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

• leojreimrocleojreimroc Member UncommonPosts: 371

What would you suggest instead?  I'm not saying that RoI was a good expansion.  I found it lacking myself.  But I'm trying to think of something better, and I'm having problems.  Maybe it's just a very dry time for good content.

Originally posted by leojreimroc

What would you suggest instead?  I'm not saying that RoI was a good expansion.  I found it lacking myself.  But I'm trying to think of something better, and I'm having problems.  Maybe it's just a very dry time for good content.

Right now ive gone back to EQ2 and am trying out the free server. The whole game is going F2P next month so I thought I would see what its like.  I played LOTRO and enjoyed it but for me the lack of content went on to long. I left shortly before it went F2P. I have a 65 hunter there somewhere and enjoyed the game a lot to that point.

• vtravivtravi Member UncommonPosts: 398

ROI is a disgrace. It is just solo quest after solo quest ad nasium until I was bored to death after 3 weeks. There was no challenge, no grouping, the new crafting tier was a joke (I maxed out my crafting at lvl 70 with not one second of grinding, it was all way too easy).

The OP mentioned that all it was "was new set of skimished", I wish. All it was, was old skirmished that we have done for years now that have been scaled to lvl 75. No new skirmished, no new instances is unforgiveable.

So after 4 years I canceled my sub and am now waiting for swtor, a game i had no interest in before I played ROI.

PS. I know that Lotro will have new instances in December, 3 months after ROI came out. I am too angry about how aweful ROI was to think about coming back for these instances. All that being said ,if SWTOR if terrible I will be back :( lol

• leojreimrocleojreimroc Member UncommonPosts: 371

Originally posted by Rusty715

Right now ive gone back to EQ2 and am trying out the free server. The whole game is going F2P next month so I thought I would see what its like.  I played LOTRO and enjoyed it but for me the lack of content went on to long. I left shortly before it went F2P. I have a 65 hunter there somewhere and enjoyed the game a lot to that point.

I think you misunderstood.  I wasn't asking which game to suggest instead of LOTRO.  I was asking which expansion would you give the award to?

I can't think of one to be honest, and maybe it really is the best one to come out, not due to it being good, but simply due to there not being any good alternatives....

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Indeed. This is one o the years I wish they just could declare that they all were too bad for any price.

I played a little on the EQ2 expansion, one of the worst the game had.

• alexminoalexmino Member Posts: 132

They have done reviews we all disagreed with for games they didn't advertise for.

Just saying, not saying it proves or disproves anything.

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

So uh, unless I missed something:  http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/45/feature/2579/from/%2Ffeatures.cfm%2Fview%2Fawards

It was 2008 and for MoM.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• dannydeucedannydeuce Member Posts: 310

I actually quit the game due to this expansion.  You can't do this type of thing to your playerbase and expect any sort of retention.  The fact that this expansion got any type of award is completely and utterly wrong on so many levels.  Seriously, what gives?  The only positive thing to come out of the expansion was class updates and better balancing, but that is not what an expansion is supposed to highlight.  That's normal updating.

• RazeronRazeron Member Posts: 180

Originally posted by Hexipox

1-20 it was and still is a 10/10.

That's why they locked beta to Tortage/20 cap, as once people got out into the "world" and saw the polish from 1-20 didn't hold the shit hit the fan. Alot of games will pull this kind of shenanigans, and it's a real shame.