Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is Aion currently ?

renrinkenrenrinken Member Posts: 29

I bought Aion like a year ago and played a few days but had to cancel for something I dont recall, think my friend dragged me to another game.

But I always been interested in playing Aion, I been looking for a game with both decent PVP and PVE. I also prefer grinding over doing 10,000 quests to level up one level. But I always been discourage because of the giant negetivity that the community has with the game. I seen a few people mention Aion recently so it peaked my curiocity again.

So I am wondering what shape is it currently in ? Population ? Class Balance ? Content update ?

Comments

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

I'm as noob as you so I can only give opening impressions.

You can do quests if you have a mind to or you can sandbox grind. I think we are in a double exper weekend because I only started Wednesday and I was paying pretty close attention to what I was getting per kill. I was getting alot more last night. I don't know if those are common and because of the adverts and trial I dont know how populated the game would be under normal circumstances.

It is sold as a PvP game but that's end game in specific areas, much like DAoC in terms of design. First impression and reaction, I 'ascended' my first char and went to the capital city and I was lagg locked for an hr, I couldn't move. I don't know how PvP is going to work out with that in mind. I was able to run around quite freely on noob Island with no lagg but that main city was unplayable. It was as bad as any null sec fleet fight I have ever been a part of in EVE.

You can only put so much stock in what someone says on a  forum. At some point you simply need to try it for yourself and that's true of all games. I'm still exploring and that's fun of its own kind. I just don't know how long term that kind of fun will carry me in this game. Or what will happen to replace it. The severity of the lagg in the main city left me very uneasy in terms of seeing this as a PvP game in wait.

- Balance all I can do is give second hand info. In the beginning it was OP'ed Cleric, now it seems to OP'ed Src's. Because you can have one of everything in this game it won't impact like it did in DAoC but that was the pattern of FotM there too. They ended up settling with OP'ed stealth rangers. I don't know if Aion will follow thier nerf path to the letter but again, you can almost count on leveling everything here. It won't mean anything if Ping Kiters end up being god mode though.

• icemanateeicemanatee Member UncommonPosts: 79

I just re-activated last thursday and I got to level 21 yesterday. Once I hit about 19, I ran into a lot of elite type mob quests where I needed to group. Thankfully, I was able to find a mentor to assist me through the area. If I were you, I would get in a guild at around level 10 and make friends. 

• XforsakerXXforsakerX Member UncommonPosts: 124

Originally posted by jeffxsee

I just re-activated last thursday and I got to level 21 yesterday. Once I hit about 19, I ran into a lot of elite type mob quests where I needed to group. Thankfully, I was able to find a mentor to assist me through the area. If I were you, I would get in a guild at around level 10 and make friends. 

Doh i hate being forced into a group, i just now got Aion, lvl 14 

AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    6142MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
    Antec Gaming Phenom
    Windows Vista™ Home Premium

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

Originally posted by XforsakerX

Originally posted by jeffxsee

Doh i hate being forced into a group, i just now got Aion, lvl 14 

If you are talking about leveling up, you are not forced to group in AION, not even close.