Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Difficulties loggin in on ToR site.

Anyone have this problem? Have sent a mail to their customer service but god knows how long that will take. I have reset my pw, it asks for my favourite movie. TBH i forget my answer so I am stuck as I keep getting the answer wrong. 

Comments

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Originally posted by DeadlyByDez

Anyone have this problem? Have sent a mail to their customer service but god knows how long that will take. I have reset my pw, it asks for my favourite movie. TBH i forget my answer so I am stuck as I keep getting the answer wrong. 

Usually if you've forgotten a security answer you have to wait for an e-mail from a customer support rep which will try and confirm your idenity another way.

While the page says they are 24/7 most likely they will probably get around during normal business hours if it's something like this. Usually takes a day or two. Either that you can try and remember the security password which will get you in right away.

Other then that. Not sure what else you can do but wait.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• NosferazielNosferaziel Member Posts: 64

I got the exact same issue !

I tried to login yesterday and it said it wasn't the computer I usually use to log in on the site (it's the only computer I used to go on this site !). It asked me a security question,I didn't have the answer. In fact I'm not even sure that was the security question I chose.

I contacted the Customer Service but no answer yet :'(

you know if you two figure out why this is happening, please let me know the cause of it. This seems to happen on my bank of america account that every so often it will decide to see my computer as one i have not used before for that account.

Ontopic: hope they can clear this up for you guys before beta weekend.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

I had the same issue when I just tried to log in to check on this weekend's beta test status. Thankfully it asked me one of my 'easy' questions. I have my list of answers around here somewhere so I'll have to make a spare copy and tuck one away for safekeeping.

Originally posted by whilan

you know if you two figure out why this is happening, please let me know the cause of it. This seems to happen on my bank of america account that every so often it will decide to see my computer as one i have not used before for that account.

Expiring cookies will do it. Or a utility  to auto-flush browser saved info (cookies, passwords etc). Older browsers, bad plugins etc.

If you want to send me an message I can ask a few questions and offer some suggestions.

Let me know.

• DeadlyByDezDeadlyByDez Member Posts: 152

I am actually getting concerned now as I want to check my beta test page to see if I have a key. Are the login details for the game linked to the site like WoW? That could be a bad thing

I am actually getting concerned now as I want to check my beta test page to see if I have a key. Are the login details for the game linked to the site like WoW? That could be a bad thing

I tried to login this weekend (just because I was bored not because I had an invite). When I entered my email/PW I did get a pop-up on the game launcher that asked me one of the 5 questions. I think the answer would be yes.

• ThodraThodra Member UncommonPosts: 444

same issue, sent a msg to the Com service, no answer yet.. really annoying, cous people can start download the game...

Originally posted by Digna

Expiring cookies will do it. Or a utility  to auto-flush browser saved info (cookies, passwords etc). Older browsers, bad plugins etc.

If you want to send me an message I can ask a few questions and offer some suggestions.

Let me know.

I do have a program that deletes cookies history and all that stuff so maybe thats doing it. In which case when i get around to fixing it i'm just going to have to keep a list somewhere for all my "answers"

So much for the computer getting rid of paper :P

• GuileplayerGuileplayer Member Posts: 418

TC call this number to retreive the answers to your secret question http://www.swtor.com/info/faq#267705

Currently Playing: SSFIV AE, SFxTekken, SWTOR, WoW. Waiting for: GW2, Resident Evil 6.

Originally posted by Thodra

same issue, sent a msg to the Com service, no answer yet.. really annoying, cous people can start download the game...

I'd say give it one day. You still have about 4 days before the game even starts to download it. Lets give them a chance to respond. This appears to have just started up a few hours ago so the people at Bioware may not be aware of the situation yet.

Oooor you can do what guile posted hehe

Let me know.

I do have a program that deletes cookies history and all that stuff so maybe thats doing it. In which case when i get around to fixing it i'm just going to have to keep a list somewhere for all my "answers"

You can do it in an excel sheet. Depending  on your OS you can even encrypt the files and store on a data stick. (Personally I would also burn a CD/DVD with the sheet and tuck that way as well, just in case. Update the CD every 1-2 months assuming few changes and shred the old one).

Originally posted by Guileplayer

TC call this number to retreive the answers to your secret question http://www.swtor.com/info/faq#267705

the ting is. Now it asks for a word verification, and it just keeps saying failed failed, and i am typing the right word. I have reseted my password, still can't

the ting is. Now it asks for a word verification, and it just keeps saying failed failed, and i am typing the right word. I have reseted my password, still can't

That links to a phone number for me, unless you mean dial it in.

• DeadlyByDezDeadlyByDez Member Posts: 152

Ring that number guys. I just did it and was fixed straight away

• Zigzig13Zigzig13 Member Posts: 10

Same happened to me.

I was asked a security question,but thankfully i remembered the answer.

Make sure to write your answer down,keep it for the future.

Anyway,are you 100% positive your typeing the right answer you gave?

And if you forgot the answer,youll just have to wait for a customer service rep to take care of you.

Hope you work it out though.

Contrary to the website I doubt their Customer Service team is working 24/7 at this point. Reset programs (bots as they call them) are the only things working this early. Try again in say 6 hours or so when everyone is awake.

There is plenty of time. I just logged into my SWToR client from last weekend and it need to download 12.5GB and seems to be holding steady at approx 3Mbps. A couple of hours allowing for slowdowns/spikes. (Not sure if it recognized the existing install and will patch that or if it will update as needed. 12.5GB seems big for a patch)

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 759

I had the same issue when I just tried to log in to check on this weekend's beta test status. Thankfully it asked me one of my 'easy' questions. I have my list of answers around here somewhere so I'll have to make a spare copy and tuck one away for safekeeping.

Their list of security questions is a bit silly. many of them are ambiguous. In particular things like "Favourite" books, movies, etc. I didn't have a 100% certain answer to some of my questions so had to do the same as you and keep a record of my invented answers on file.

Ring that number guys. I just did it and was fixed straight away

No phone number for my country, so it will be expensive.... thats why ni cant call

• GuileplayerGuileplayer Member Posts: 418

Yes it is the official TOR customer service phone number. At the moment they are only helping you with secret question via phone everything else is done through website.

Currently Playing: SSFIV AE, SFxTekken, SWTOR, WoW. Waiting for: GW2, Resident Evil 6.

Yes it is the official TOR customer service phone number. At the moment they are only helping you with secret question via phone everything else is done through website.

what about word verification errors?

Originally posted by reaperuk

Their list of security questions is a bit silly. many of them are ambiguous. In particular things like "Favourite" books, movies, etc. I didn't have a 100% certain answer to some of my questions so had to do the same as you and keep a record of my invented answers on file.

In all honesty they (no service) cares for what you put down for any question as long as you know the answer. "what is your favourite (with a U, hee hee) animal' Answer: keyboard

A human might question but a computer just wants the input.

Standing on a (small) soapbox: As long as you don't lose your answers, it's a good idea to never put in factual and/or easily guessed values. I am still shocked at how many people use birthdays, names, easily known addresses etc for their online access. Make stuff up, write it down, use complex passwords for emails and/or important account access, folks!

This has been a message from the Good Computer Practices Soapbox Committee. We now return you to the panic stricken forums above

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Non-persistant IPs on older cable modem networks?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Originally posted by Zigzig13

Make sure to write your answer down,keep it for the future.

Or choose the questions where your answers never change.  "Last name of your best man"--I've only got one, no matter how long ago it was.  'Course you divorced and remarrieds might wanna choose a different Q...heh.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

I answered my question right and then the damn symbols wouldnt work. I had to actually reset my password and change it. 

it was only way i could finally get tor site to work for me if nothing else works change yoru password. It worked for me after that the letter thing and my security question worked before i changed password it wouldnt accept it.