Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lol! I don't know what to make of this video - thoughts?

Comments

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

I'm guessing people did not play Anarchy Online back in the day.

I'm guessing people were not there when CoH introduced /boombox.

I'm guessing this kind of sums up how games have become less social when people are put off by something like this.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

this is going to be the greatest mmorpg ever made ever

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Originally posted by EndDream

Maybe I'm wrong but it might be an example of what players could build in game? The crafting is supposed to be very robust.

That's awesome.  Now if I can have my own home with a stripper-pole in it, we're golden.

• NethermancerNethermancer Member Posts: 520

I wrote off Archeage along time ago. Itis got way to many for the korean quirks that i do not like. 

Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Originally posted by kimahris

Funny when people talk about immersion yet you can survive 999hit from a giant bad ass troll or even throw fireball at people . I know for sure party back then was crazy badass. People would drink some homemade alcool that would probably be so nasty for the health that it was actually a drug. People rocking the "dancefloor" like my grandparent used too. You know old folks party with violin and hand/feet tap where everyone would jump around and yell. Yi yi yi yihaa . Now its a rave....oh gosh,thats not immersion right. I bet if it were possible to create fire or lightning out of nothing...it would be possible to create some light flash....or even create techno sounds. Just saying that if your looking for immersion go play second life. I wont actually use such a feature and hope they dont make stupid daily quest (participate in a rave party for 1h for (x) exp) .. Its a funny idea...just hope its an extra feature that you DONT need to use but beside that im ok w it. 

It's called suspension of disbelief.  A requirement for immersion in games and books and movies.  In order to foster and maintain that suspension, the story / world needs to be believable within it's context and rules.  A medieval world can be believable if it remains true to it's roots in history and levels of technology.  Adding techno-music with modern style dances and dance lighting, you are completely removing that suspension of disbelief and therefore ruining the immersion for most people participating.  It might be okay for people who only see these as games and trite entertainment, but for those of us who are looking for a real world escape, it's a bit of a slap in the face.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Originally posted by VirusDancer

I'm guessing this kind of sums up how games have become less social when people are put off by something like this.

Both AO and CoH were games set in a modern era, so there is no comparison.  Why not add dances and music that would be appropriate to the age the game is set in?  It's not about people not wanting socializing tools and content, it's about it fitting within the game world appropriately.

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

....my hedro lvl just drop 5k exp by watching that.

Asian MMO...FF14 anyone?

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

It does make you wonder what the developers were thinking.  However, I'm shocked that there are this many people this upset over this.  Are there really that many hardcore roleplayers out there? 

This will never make it into the Western version, not sure why everyone is so worried and threatening to not play the game when they know this.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by Mardukk

It does make you wonder what the developers were thinking.  However, I'm shocked that there are this many people this upset over this.  Are there really that many hardcore roleplayers out there? 

This will never make it into the Western version, not sure why everyone is so worried and threatening to not play the game when they know this.

If they do this for real, then what else are they willing to do?

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

Yeah, that's, um, "not my thing".

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Wish they'd just keep it all in theme.

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

So people are actually complaining there is to many otions how you wanna have fun in this game?

You dont like retarded night clubs, dont visit them : )

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121

Originally posted by stealthbr

LOL! Well, even if this isn't a joke, I believe it's alright. It's there for those who want it, and completely avoidable for those who don't. In other words, you probably won't see this unless you deliberately look for it.

+1

Why are there people over reacting about this? You dont wanna be involved in party stuff stay away. Simple as that.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by wizyy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3onJMsYKuE

Private dancing club? or something... lol

I honestly don't know how to process that.......
  • hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

And thats why ArcheAge is a Korean game, you want quality pvp content, they give you a ¨Rave¨ in a medieval MMO, but dont worry it will be a huge success in korean for sure. 

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

Originally posted by csthao

Originally posted by stealthbr

LOL! Well, even if this isn't a joke, I believe it's alright. It's there for those who want it, and completely avoidable for those who don't. In other words, you probably won't see this unless you deliberately look for it.

+1

Why are there people over reacting about this? You dont wanna be involved in party stuff stay away. Simple as that.

After that, you probably will find more fluffy content in ArcheAge, did you remeber AION??

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Fun vid that shows off models, animations, and a sense of humour.

God forbid games have a sense of humour though... right?

• KharmedKharmed Member Posts: 101

Originally posted by Icewhite

Originally posted by Kharmed

I kind of like the idea of being able to stream music in specific zones, could be cool to bring the guild to one of the zones and just chill. Especially if you could do it in guild houses.

Until you imagine just how much musical garbage your guild will cue up...

Meanwhile, they're chatting about how awful your favorite treasured musical classics are...heh.

I have bad taste in music, that make's up for it.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Originally posted by VirusDancer

Well, yes, but CoH is at least a modern genre where boomboxes make sense.  Has dance clubs too.

You'd be better off point out the hundreds of pop culture referents in WoW for an illustration.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• headenheaden Member UncommonPosts: 229

If that is truely in the game, my interest in this game went from an 8 to a -2.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

Originally posted by vesavius

Fun vid that shows off models, animations, and a sense of humour.

God forbid games have a sense of humour though... right?

There are many ways a game can manifest humor.

I suppose it's a matter of taste. If you found this funny then great. I find it tacky.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

• Originally posted by Daimyo21

havent u ever been to a Korean rave? No?  Will now you have in ArcheAge! lol 

Loving the guy with the bucket on his head.

This is the important part of the whole video - someone was able to put a bucket on their head.  Don't know any other MMOs where you can do that.  What else can you do with a bucket?  Don't know too many MMOs where you can use a bucket - Istaria lets you milk a cow by smacking it with a bucket.

What else can you put on your head?  Pots, bowls, etc?  Can you stack items up?

So they have instances where you can go do something different - big deal.  Some will like it, some will not.  For me I'll probably try em once and ignore them after that - just like I do most raid instances.

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

I wish I was at that partaay!

• BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724

Some touched people in here because they are upset that the game doesn't meet their own vision of medival fantasy, and that's a shame. You could pull up three different fantasy IP and notice that they all have many things that would be impossible in the other themes. 

That's the problem with young gamers now in days and why sandbox games suffer. They can't evolve and are stuck with ideas based on limits through their own mind and eyes. In return, they are not creative, resistant to change, and need their hands held. How in the world do you LIMIT fantasy???!!! There was not one 'flying machine' in LoTR, yet this modern aspect is an acceptable addition to the fantasy realm. Glad the older generation didn't force there limits upon people who tried to create brand new worlds for us.

If a game tried to come up with another theme that isn't medival, modern, or sci-fi, or even merged them for that matter, it wouldn't be accepted by current players because their own thoughts and perceptions are limited and bounded by senseless tradtional.

We basically are breeding old-geezer youngins...

• synnsynn Member UncommonPosts: 563

i find it funny that players are losing interest or getting upset because you can have a party in the game. the first thing to remember about any game is just that...its a game. the second thing is to try and make it more enjoyable to the majority. Every gamer knows that no matter what ppl will hate. some dev could release a perfect game and players will probably complain that its too perfect :p look at the bright side....if you don't plan on playing this game based on that video then you just saved yourself some time and money.