Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lol! I don't know what to make of this video - thoughts?

Comments

• Daimyo21Daimyo21 Member Posts: 66

havent u ever been to a Korean rave? No?  Will now you have in ArcheAge! lol 

Loving the guy with the bucket on his head.

EDIT*

Seeing alot of negative troll posts probably from GW2 supporters since theres an on going war for MMO supremecy.  Only a  true sandbox/open world game with themepark features is the only thing that can threaten GW2 because it has virtually no sandbox features and is putting its emphasis on strong combat, singleplayer(with coop) storytelling, and random dynamic events with Server vs Server vs Server instanced battleground.

This idea that one feature takes away from all other features is obsurd.  ArcheAge is fitting a profile for every MMO player, but not one in particular like Darkfall (Hardcore) or WoW (casual).  Great MMOs give players a ton of features/content and lets them choose what is fun for them. 

Examples:

Just because WoW had pvp, battlegrounds etc.  Didnt mean you had to participate.

Just because GW2 is going to have a Singleplayer Storytelling feature, Doesnt mean you have to participate.

Just because ArcheAge has ship combat PvP/PvE, FFA PvP from level 20+, ability for individual players to physically add and take from the world,  Free-built houses/villages/cities/castles.  PvP Battlegrounds, PvE instances, and now a social "dance club" aspect of the game (if it makes it through beta).  Doesnt mean you have to participate in any individual feature.

Also dont forget that Publishers/Investors have the say in features of games.  When this comes to the North American market.  The publisher might take some feautures out.

• Biggus99Biggus99 Member Posts: 916

Wow, Please God tell me that's not going to be something that's actually in the game.  Freakin' Eastern MMOs always have these ridiculous fluff features that take away from the overall game.  This is supposed to be an mmorpg, not Second Life.  Grrrrr...

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

Maybe I'm wrong but it might be an example of what players could build in game? The crafting is supposed to be very robust.

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

Maybe I'm wrong but it might be an example of what players could build in game? The crafting is supposed to be very robust.

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

From what I understood by asking on the official Korean ArcheAge forums there are a "handful" of locations in the world for each major city that is considered a "Party Zone" that allows players to stream music on their PC through the in-game MP3 player for others to hear. Essentially, you can have player run DJ "clubs" in ArcheAge. Kind of like the EXACT system that APB tried to implement.

Sad really, this was my last hope for a real sandbox mmo, but having non-sandboxy "hard-coded" locations like this that make you "feel" like it's a sandbox is just depressing. I mean honestly, a "Rave" party club in a Medieval MMO O_o?

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Not something I'd have expected in a medieval fantasy sandbox.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

I can only hope it's an attempt to bring back good times from SWG entertainers, but there they had a meaning and usefulness (buffing and healing fatigue, for those who never experienced it).

If Archeage will indeed have some silly private "rave" parties, then I hope entering such party sword-in-hand will be possible :P

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Damn I hope that's a joke.

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• stealthbrstealthbr Member UncommonPosts: 1,054

LOL! Well, even if this isn't a joke, I believe it's alright. It's there for those who want it, and completely avoidable for those who don't. In other words, you probably won't see this unless you deliberately look for it.

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by ActionMMORPG
    Not something I'd have expected in a medieval fantasy sandbox.

MAGIC. :)

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

From what I understood by asking on the official Korean ArcheAge forums there are a "handful" of locations in the world for each major city that is considered a "Party Zone" that allows players to stream music on their PC through the in-game MP3 player for others to hear. Essentially, you can have player run DJ "clubs" in ArcheAge. Kind of like the EXACT system that APB tried to implement.

Sad really, this was my last hope for a real sandbox mmo, but having non-sandboxy "hard-coded" locations like this that make you "feel" like it's a sandbox is just depressing. I mean honestly, a "Rave" party club in a Medieval MMO O_o?

I am also not into Raves either but I also dont care if they are there what is it to me if they are if I dont have to go to it.I always laugh at those that complain about stuff they dont have to partake in,get over it just dont go to the "club" or whatever it is -stop trying to be a control freak.Stuff is in the real world as well does it affect you if you dont go to it?Go enjoy the stuff you like and stop trying to control the stuff other people might enjoy that you dont even need to partake in.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Wow.  That just looks ridiculous.  Inconsistent design elements, which this is, really hurts the immersion a game is trying to provide.  That's just silly.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• kimahriskimahris Member Posts: 55

Funny when people talk about immersion yet you can survive 999hit from a giant bad ass troll or even throw fireball at people . I know for sure party back then was crazy badass. People would drink some homemade alcool that would probably be so nasty for the health that it was actually a drug. People rocking the "dancefloor" like my grandparent used too. You know old folks party with violin and hand/feet tap where everyone would jump around and yell. Yi yi yi yihaa . Now its a rave....oh gosh,thats not immersion right. I bet if it were possible to create fire or lightning out of nothing...it would be possible to create some light flash....or even create techno sounds. Just saying that if your looking for immersion go play second life. I wont actually use such a feature and hope they dont make stupid daily quest (participate in a rave party for 1h for (x) exp) .. Its a funny idea...just hope its an extra feature that you DONT need to use but beside that im ok w it. 

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

That's just ridiculous.  Kind of looks like a joke, but guess it isn't.  I really hope that feature is not in the western version.  I personally don't know anyone who would enjoy that, although I am sure some people would.  Just doesn't seem to fit the game.  If this was APB, sure, but a fantasy game? 

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

So you can dance about with a wooden bucket on your head, what's not to like?

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by Biggus99

Wow, Please God tell me that's not going to be something that's actually in the game.  Freakin' Eastern MMOs always have these ridiculous fluff features that take away from the overall game.  This is supposed to be an mmorpg, not Second Life.  Grrrrr...

THIS^

*shivers*

Same with bikini's and bermuda shorts in Aion's medievalish fantasy. I won't even touch a game like that with a ten foot pole. Really hoping this was somekind of joke.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Originally posted by DarkPony

Same with bikini's and bermuda shorts in Aion's medievalish fantasy. I won't even touch a game like that with a ten foot pole. Really hoping this was somekind of joke.

So wait you had wings that you could only fly with for short duration in medieval times?!Damn I was born too late wasnt I.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

This seems like a joke to me.  I can't imagine the lead developer doing something like this.  Its just so absurd.  If it is true then I likely wont even bother playing the game.  If they can swing this far away from the normal "lore" then imagine what other weird things they are going to add.  Like someone else said, "Inconsistancy."

• Axllow18Axllow18 Member UncommonPosts: 400

OH DEAR GOD REALISM HAS BEEN LOST! CALL THE POPE!!!!

No seriously, are we really getting our knickers in a knot here over a dance club in a fantasy game; based on the premise that it breaks immersion / reality?

God / Allah / Buddah / Sky Fairy / Goku help us all, people have finally lost their minds.

• PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

Everybody likes dancin' Frylock.

I don't see a problem.

Such dumb comments... It's a video game. It's a social video game. People are being silly. 

I mean I guess if AA was really HARDCORE they'd have programmed in sodomizing your defeated foes and the pox.

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697

Goodbye, hope for Archeage as the last real fantasy sandbox...

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• twitch242twitch242 Member UncommonPosts: 177

So you have to be below 12 by age or mentally to enjoy this. Good to know.

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

Originally posted by DarkPony

Originally posted by Biggus99

THIS^

*shivers*

Not to split hairs or anything but I assumed the world of Aion lore has civilisation existing for far longer than any "medieval" period in our world. Like they don't need high tech because they have magic unlike Earth. Seeing an Ipod (powered by sonic spirits) wouldn't look too out of place for me. Too much of a China Meiville fan I guess.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• angus858angus858 Member UncommonPosts: 381

That was a sad discovery.  I've quit two other asian-developed games after they added crap like this.  If the devs think this is ok then who knows what other immersion-breaking elements are also to be found and what will be added later.  Oh well.  There are other games to spend my time and money on.

• gimmekeygimmekey Member Posts: 117

Some people need to forget video games and just go out there, buy a farm, a forge and some animals (I being one of them).

The MMO market just parallels mainstream society and aims to please it.