Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official and Final Review for all as of 11/17/2011

I started playing for several months ranking up buying runes, using skills, and really enjoying the game over all. It was simple waste of time like Angry birds. That is to say. A handfull of maps and some great MOBA combat. First, I would like to say I was never good at RTS, like Starcraft, etc.. So I avoided this genre for a long time. Then, after giving it a serious try after all the hype... I loved it! It was addicting, well made (you can change the realms and language and the characters are scripted for the language you chose!) The gameplay was simple. The skills are complex, but the core was all the same, strategically take over the enemy through several paths in the map utilizing little cannon fodder foot troops. This is not a review of tactics, so I will just say this is not a game of "Run in, kill them, if my sword has a bigger number thanyours, I win"...No, this was a game of skill and strategy (the bugger number does help a bit though). 

Now giving the over all game 4/5 stars, the bad, disgusting, horrible game ending factor kicked in (0/5 stars after this):

1.) The lag is outrageous. There is a loading screen to lock all players in a match. There is a loading bar for each player, with their PING listed. 100% of the time you have at least one guy with 20 ping, then you got another guy with 999 ping. The low ping is green, then yellow for high, then red for super lagger. Ok, after a 20 min load (I average 45 ping, I was always 3rd to load)... you are in the game. At this point you cannot CTRL ALT DEL and quit and remove yourself. IF you shut off your PC, yout Character remains in the game AFK and recoreded. So, PEople tend to DC for whatever reason (game announces "Player X disconnected) The game is nice enough to ask you "Do you wish to reconnect to your game that you left?" and puts you back in. Nice BUT... Sometimes it is not the fault of players, sometimes (all the time) it is RIOT AWEFUL free server stability. The characters and game play lags out, the foot soldiers get stuck in place and shoot wildly at nothing. It is harmeless their attacks don't hurt so you think: "Ok, just a glitch, game on".... but then the respawned fresh troops come down the path, and get stuck on this glitched mobs. Sometimes even player models get duplicated after a "glitch" and sit there distracting you... Now, combine all this together, Disconnects with 20 min waits, glitched gameplay, and then you come back, and ready to go with no more problems...but the guys that did not DC are now 10 levels higher than you...the game is over. Well, you have a chance, but look...LOOK at what has passed. CRAPPY GAME PLAY due to staility.

Ok, let's give RIOT the benefit, it is a 50 / 50 gamble, you can have smooth gameplay with their random servers. Ok ok, no problem, lets say ou play casually and noproblems. How to get into a game? There is an Manual join option. This is FLOODED with AFK servers. GUys sitting AFK to let you power level. That is they will not report you if you sit there and power up. You cna go to work, just stay logged in, and you gain levels.... So you have allot of guys ranked up (unlocks skills and rune slots to get more powerful), but they are total noobs. So, to avoid this, esoecially if you do not like the players rooms, you can RANDOM auto join. The matchmaking system goes into play. IS ti good? NO!

You join a game, there is always some one who thinks he has the best strategy. "GO TOP OR I BAN"! ... you cant ignore them, well you can, but they will ban you. After every match there is a summary of game play and yu all sit in a lobby. Beside EACH PLAYERS NAME is a DROP DOWN BOX for reporting. YOu drop it down and a list of reasons you are reporting the character are there. "AFK, Aiding the other team, Inexperienced player, etc.. etc..." Normally, the reasons are not super enforced except one... AFK. I have never AFKED in the last 3 months, and just yesterday I recieved a BAN notice that I was flagged AFK and my account is locked out for one day. I thought "impossible". Then I Remember a guy that was yelling at the whole game that he will ban us all if we did not let him win. Apparently he was able to ban us. What is more sad. I play on the Western Europe realm (I am American, studying in Europe). I received the ban notice that said you are banned until the 11th (for example)." I look at the time, it is noon on the 11th. Still banned... That tells me the banning robot (not admin monitored) is stuck in California, and bans people all over the world to noob players....

I wrote letters to the "Help/support". No one replies, or does not care. After 1 week, I asked on forums. The fan boys were the first to respond: "Haha noob, you got banned." "We only like people that pay, read the EURL, we cna ban you when we want"... That was in the first 45 seconds I posted my "How to avoid ban?" topic, and then 3 min after, the post was removed...and I recieved a warnig from RIOT. Please note, I was kind, curtious, and did not offend. I liked the game! I simply asked: "I have been banned. I am waiting fo the ban to lift as today is the day it expires. IS there a way an admin can look into my old matches to see that my connection is not AFK or disconnecting? I have played each match to its fullest without any problems, but I got banned for AFK".

And that is how I Was treated. NOW, check this out:

"You can buy VIP servers for reserve for your friends" apparently to avoid getting banned. IF I understand this... you pay... to not get banned... that is literally "Pay to play" - "Oh but sofakingdumb, I play since beta and I do not have this problem"...yes you do, and no you have not been playing since beta. Hush fan boys. This company is big already and sells merchandise, so there is allot of fanboys protecting this piece of garbage game. I suggest avoid it. It is, after all, just a hyper advanced Angry birds.  a cheap 2 map crap graphics, but fun little srategy game. Nothing more. R.I.P LoL, it was fun while it lasted,but 10 more new characters wont make up or attrack me back to this game until the banning problem is fixed. 

Comments

• tomwoditomwodi Member Posts: 49

Originally posted by Azmodai

Bahahhahah I can tell you that this guy has never NEVER played 1 League of legends game his whole life, Prob some Dota fanboy who feels threatened by the popularity of the MOBA genre King League of legends. Now dont waste your time on this guy, everything he says is lies. Hell The guy is full of shit so just ignore everything he is saying.

ROFL, YEA!!

A HoN fanboy mb.. Whatever, i Loled ALOT.

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

I have over 500 games of League of Legends played and zero leaves...

What's wrong with their server stability?

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Why the hell would you even look for custom games by yourself AHHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

Just join the Co-op quene or be a man, join the PvP quene.

Or you are just trolling

Their servers are amazing, sure you might have an occasional crash, but I honestly am very please with server stability, I'm from Australia and my ping is usually 190ms, and honestly this is way above average for me. I don't even have cable.

And lol at the 20 min loading screen, it shows how much of a troll you are there. Not even once had I ever had a loading screen for more than 5 minutes. or maybe 3, the suspense usually make the time felt much longer.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• sofakingdumbsofakingdumb Member Posts: 54

Nope you LoL fan boy. I have never played the other games. OBviously your cant read past 5th grade level. I explain my history in the first part of the article. Get a life. You dumb fan boy.

Look at your dumb profil picture. Another mindless 16 year old piss ant who doesnt know gaming if it hit him in the nuts. U have wrote (learn to read you ingot) that this is my first MOBA. I have never played before. I have played this over 6 months. 

ACtually you are wrong. And this issue I am writting about, when other people wrote about it. I said the same thing "Oh you do not know how to play etc.. etc.."... And then I became the victim. Now I understand. AVOID THIS TRASH

• ArcheminosArcheminos Member Posts: 283

Too bad they won't ban you just because someone reports you. You have to get enough reports, and then they actually check to see if you are doing that stuff, then they ban you.

Game is stable. Don't know where you seemed to think it wasn't. Maybe your computer is bad? And you can't buy VIP servers, thats just a flat out lie.

So yea, you got banned because you did something wrong multiple times. Or you made this whole thing up.

Originally posted by daemon

First... why post this here on mmorpg? most boring QQ ever.

BEcause it is a true review, and if you knew anything about the MMORPG genre, you would know that this is an issue that plagues the game. They have no solution nor will they find one. 

2nd.. everything you said is exagerated, like an EMO kid on steroids would do.

I would have no idea what EMO kids on steroids would do. Don't jocks take steroids? Don;t emo kids not play games? I guess your just an average gammer who takes nothing because you are already to dumb, and any drug would probably render you to a slug like level. Nothing is exagerated. It is a true review. Go in the game right now. All the mechanics ARE TRUE. There is a drop down report button. I did get banned for AFKING without ever AFKING in 3 months. The players will ban you if you auto join matches. The AFK servers DO PLAGUE the serve list. GO NOW AND SEE...oh wait... you dont play. You are just a forum troll...IDIOT. Any ways, I do praise the game at the start. I would recomend this game if you have close group of friends to play with. 

3rd.. your nickname suits you well.

I know, I always see your comments and think" HE is so fucking dumb" I am not the first, your critical analysis, responses and lack of in game knowledge reminds me of the other guy that poste here with his 16 year old photo '"In the bathroom posing". You are all just trolls. Thankfully, I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO SAY. I AM RIGHT AND TO BE PROVED RIGHT! ... PLAY THE GAME! LOL! YOU WILL SEE!  me = win in the end. Trolls = blind, dumb, and play wow and just troll here. Well. With that said, this is still the official review :) LAst time I come back here to read or respond. Let this Text be the testimate of the validity of all my comments :)

Ignor these fan boy trolls. Read my ARticle, I already left the warning, and look who shows up. Those I predicted. I am obviously, and therefore, and always will be... Correct :)

This discussion has been closed.