Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why We Love FFXI (video)!

PimpslayerPimpslayer Member Posts: 205

imageGreat video really showing nice qualities of FFXI. My clan http://www.gdiclan.org found it at http://www.killingifrit.com. Enjoy:

http://www.gdiclan.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=66

If you want to join our clan which supports multible online games including mmorpgs, fps, etc. go to the link above. Click Enlist on the home page and register, if they want to how you found them know tell them Pimpslayer recommended you. Any questions or comments are welcomed.

----------------Signature------------------
Can someone please make me a sig. I would like it to have something to do with an eagle(the bird) Somewhere near the eagle can you put the words "Global Defense Initiative". Could you also have the line "If you can't buff up, don't step up!". Thanks!

Private Message me about it!

Comments

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424
    Coulda done a direct link, nice video shame about the grind

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

• PimpslayerPimpslayer Member Posts: 205
    imageYeah I had trouble getting to the exact forum of killingifrit so I just put the link I knew.

Can someone please make me a sig. I would like it to have something to do with an eagle(the bird) Somewhere near the eagle can you put the words "Global Defense Initiative". Could you also have the line "If you can't buff up, don't step up!". Thanks!

• FaintFaint Member Posts: 82

Wow. That's all that I can say. I wanted this game but now I want it more.

---------------------------

A Paid to Search that pays!

AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 2.2Ghz
    512MB of Ram
    NVIDIA GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU 64mb
    Realtek AC'97 Audio
    WinXP Home

Games playing : None. Please PM if you know any good games.

• ViolentYViolentY Member Posts: 1,458

I blame this movie for making me want to play FFXI again.

-Machiavelli

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

Not sure if I want to watch it, most likely I will resubscribe and unsubscribe the next day after that. I just can't get into the leveling any more. Ive came back like 4 times to that game.

The game for some reason gave off a cool feeling while you play it, the world and graphics gave the world a cool look.

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

Lol I think im going to come back cause of this video lol. I am gameless right now so it doesnt hurt anything.

• PimpslayerPimpslayer Member Posts: 205
    imageSuch a small movie can make such a huge impact lol. It is not made by the devs either, It is an ametuer film created by a dude on the Levithion Server. It's all in game too.

• OutriderOutrider Member UncommonPosts: 23

I 'effin hate you. I despise and loath you. You just had to post a link to this video, didn't you. *growls angrily* You just had to get me hooked into trying it again. Oh, no, it's not enough that I'm an avid fan who just wasn't sure the game was for him. No, this video just HAD to come into the equation!

Well, now that I'm done ranting, if you'll excuse me, I must be off to the local Gamestop...

imageimageimageimage

P.S. I was just messin'. I can't believe I'm going to be hooked into playing again, but that video definitely did it. It's amazing how music videos do that to a person...of course, it happened the same way with FF9 for me.

Cheers image

Originally posted by Outrider
    I can't believe I'm going to be hooked into playing again, but that video definitely did it. It's amazing how music videos do that to a person...of course, it happened the same way with FF9 for me.

While I didn't even bother with FF9, I'm reactivating my account, too. :(

Having a problem at the moment, however. My disc 3 has a crack going from the center all the way out. Rur roh.

Trying to get a friend to bring his over, but he lives a long way away...

-Machiavelli

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

After seeing this video all I can say is.........WHY! Why did you have to show this to me image Now I have to go home and install the dang thing again and sit through patching.....I hope you stub your pinky toe!

But on serious note, that video rulez. I truly am going home to install the thing after work. I've never seen a movite that made me want to play a game so much ever. I bought the game about a month ago and played for a bit and my gf didn't like it so we stuck with WoW. But I just unsubscribed to WoW it just bored me, not saying its bad its not, I just got bored. I'm gonna re-install tonight god help me. I love battlefield 2 and Horizons but....that video....It's Final Fantasy baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOTE TO EVERYONE:

If your account is deleted and you have to make a new character (like me and my friend), join us on CARBUNCLE server. We can all group together. :D

Send me a PM if interested, or get ahold of me via AIM (Yeildarb) or MSN ([email protected]).

-Machiavelli

Well I installed last night and really enjoyed the game. The only bad thing is kind of a big one:almost every time I zone I crash.

The game just disintegrates and Im left staring at my desktop. No idea why but it happens every time I zone, when I get to the other side boing crash. Anyone have a clue why? image

If I can either get the game soon or find my old account name/id/password (It's a very protected system, lots of passwords and usernames, no?) or just buy a new one (I still have to get the expansion), I'll join you on Carbuncle. (PS: Do we need some kind of special code to play on Carbuncle? I remember the original system required something like that.)

Cheers. image

Originally posted by anarchyart
    Well I installed last night and really enjoyed the game. The only bad thing is kind of a big one:almost every time I zone I crash.
    The game just disintegrates and Im left staring at my desktop. No idea why but it happens every time I zone, when I get to the other side boing crash. Anyone have a clue why? image

Have you been able to run it before on that computer? If so, I'd guess it's a corrupted install. Just try reinstalling it again (I know it's a harsh thing to say, when the auto-update takes several hours.).

-Machiavelli

Originally posted by ViolentY

Have you been able to run it before on that computer? If so, I'd guess it's a corrupted install. Just try reinstalling it again (I know it's a harsh thing to say, when the auto-update takes several hours.).

Nope, I found out it is Xfire that causes the crash. Easy to fix image BTW How populated is Carbunkle? How do I get there? Why don't you guys come to Odin, theres tons of people there and I found a couple helpful peoples too.

BTW the game looks awesome! I turned everything up to full: 1280x1024 resolution, textures uncompressed, everything up as high as it would go. While the game is a couple years old, the bump mapping is very satisfying and the characters have a crips detailed look to them and the world is really well designed. It's like one of my old wishes came true: I always wanted Lineage 2 with quests. The graphics are very reminiscent of Lineage 2 and theres quests!

Hehe, the same problem actually happened with me with Xfire and CSS. How'd you fix it? Just stop using XFire?

Anyway, the reason I'm going to Carbuncle is because my friend has a friend that plays that has some spare gil to get us some basic equip. Because of this, he might be able to get you guys world passes, as well. :)

Not sure of the population as it'll be my first time playing this server, but I'll get some information for you on that.

EDIT: This is to all the people out there who are thinking of joining us on Carbuncle. If you want to get to know us a little better, you can talk to us on our teamspeak server. Just get ahold of me via AIM (Yeildarb) or MSN ([email protected]), and I can get you the ip. :)

-Machiavelli

Stop using Xfire is the only solution so far, but I subscribed to the thread on Xfire forums so maybe I'll hear of a fix which I will post here when I do.

My characters name is Artimus on Odin server. Shoot me a tell if that's possible. Only been on Odin one day but I really  liked it there a lot. Just a lot of people seems like a real place to be. Would be nice to be able to group with some new people though, but I really am not into people giving me money to help me start out, I'm a purist and a stubborn one at that. Someone tried to give me a bunch of money last night and I politely refused. If I'm gonna play a game I don't want a free ride. I'm funny like that.

Usually I'd agree with you, but I've already done the beginning levels quite a few times (this isn't my first time coming back to FFXI :P), and just some starting gear doesn't sound have bad. He's by no means rich and will completely deck us out in top gear, but just a little gear would be nice.

Also about the world pass thing, it doesn't transfer your character over. You'd have to make one from new again. Don't know if that'd change your mind about accepting a little free gil.

-Machiavelli

I won't accept the free gil, but I would accept a world pass number so I can come play there. My characters name is Artimus on Odin server. I would wanna make sure the population is just as healthy there. You can also get a hold of me on xfire just send me a message I'll get it tonight sometime. Hopefully I can also figure out why xfire makes FFXI crash every time I zone.image

• ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304
    FFXI is the worst MMORPG to ever exist.  I loathe the day I spent 50 dollars on this POS.

-----------------Censored------------------

Duly noted.

-Machiavelli

Wow...thanks for that amazing piece of intuitive input, ramadin. We're all certainly better informed and you've made me rethink my decision to go back. Thank you. image

On a more...non-flaming note...well, there really was no other reason for my posting.

Hope to see all (errr, most) of you on the server soon! (It's gonna take me another day. Have to go out and bloody buy the whole package again because I lost my original accounts info, including everything except the disks. blegh... *goes about collecting his old games and movies for Gamestop*...I'm poor. image)

Cheers! image

I might have to go out and buy the game, as well... So we'll probably be starting tomorrow with you. :)

Get ahold of me on AIM or MSN if you want.

-Machiavelli

• SteveDunSteveDun Member Posts: 1

Here's a video, made by myself and friends, showing the things we hate about FFXI. Enjoy!!

http://www.stevedun.com/wolfpack/ffxi.wmv

Cinar on Seraph server

Well...I have to give credit where credit is due. Effin' hilarious. Awesome job. I especially enjoyed Kupo. What a loving, cheerful mog you have there. He must love his mother alot to spend a whole 20k gil on her.

'I'm sorry to hear about your mom, Kupo.'

Nice.image