Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm a sucker for a pretty face

free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

And the graphics in Aion looked like I might have to try it out so I went to the local EBGames and bought a copy. In 90 minutes it will be patched and I will making my Avatar choices as well as server. Anything I need to know? Server choice, noobz tips?

Comments

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

The game is really newbie frendly, no really need for tips ( without giving personal opinions).

About servers no idea how they are atm.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

till you jump in the fly kill zone you should have smooth sailing,when you arive at end game tho be ready cause lot of pvp mayhem last i heard!

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

nothing advice-wise that is really different than the advice i'd give for any other game.  Join a legioon (clan/guild) that seems helpful and nice, learn your class well (you pick a basic class at character creation, then a final class after the tutorial isle).   read up on crafting; you can learn basic crafting for every crafting skill but can only raise 2 of them all the way to max.

it's a good game; i'm kinda waiting for them to implement their player-housing before i resub.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

TY, It does seem noob friendly with very little learning curve. Anyone who played DAoC will dive right in here. The rifted PvP is pretty much the same. You get 8 slots, there are 4 classes that divide to 2 so you can grind up every class in the game should you be so inclined and essentially make yourself nerf proof. The game does have a huge "cute" factor and you can come in ready to chuckle or ready to hate on it depending on your disposition. For the latter there are options to make huge, burly and rough characters. Security is through the roof. It even has features designed to stop key loggers. 

Advice for NCSoft?

Once you think you have made all your box sales, give 5 million copies to Dell and have them give it to new Dell buyers with machines that meet requi. The 30GB will be intimidating for anyone with a bandwidth cap.

It's a nice, "standard" MMO with elegent avatar graphics. I don't know if I would have marketed the game as PvP with that factor in mind but they can develop PvE in to the game so it works.