Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting Back (To 'continue' or start fresh?)

PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Well its been since March when my laptop died (that could barely play rift) that I had last stepped foot in the game. One meh computer late and I've gone back to a system that can play rift, and actually on high settings with a higher resolution (omg!).  Anywho, its been some time so I'm not quite sure about what to do. I'm expecting to make a new character for sure, just to get myself in the game, though I'm not quite sure just what I'll actually be doing.

I use to play on Freeholm (guardian) where I was in a guild with a few friends and a relatively large amount of other people. Naturally at the time it was mostly about leveling. That being said, after a late state I managed to sweep away and get 50 first (hurray) which I got the joys of getting plenty of 'realm firsts' with a group of people running expert dungeons. It was a fun experience and rather tough, particularly without the easy mode of guides to really help in figuring out encounters. Anyways, it was shortly after my computer died out on me, and my level mage was left in the dust with a 28 cleric and 20 warrior, all not really that high to worry about.

So coming back in the game, I'm left with a decision. Part of me wants to work on attunement and make work with my mage, though I am not quite sure about due to the learning curve to getting back into playing her. At the same time, I really don't know anyone and I lack the knowledge of the servers 'status' when it comes to raiding and the likes to know if its really worth it. With that in mind making a fresh start on that server would be easier due to the fact I got funding from my high level, though it leaves me in need of a guild and fresh faces to give me a better experience. She isn't that geared out, having only a few epics and her professions maxed so it wouldn't be a large loss, though it would take a little time to build up on another server.

The second option is to swap servers. Naturally, this also opens up the chance to play play defiant. Having been nudged to guardian by friends, I never got the joys of playing defiant. Leveling as one would likely give me a bit of a different experience and could make leveling fun, though I did enjoy the game enough that going up as guardian again doesn't seem bad, specially with a dungeon finder to ease the curve even further. 

Either way, I do like raiding and I think if I did start up, I'd eventually want to do that. PvE is my main focus but I can toss in some pvp as a nice side event. PvP shards can be a little of a pain with people max level, but I'd be willing to play in them. 

TLDR: I need to decide between sticking to Freeholm where my level 50 is (relatively well off) without anyone to really communicate with, or just start fresh on another server, possibly as a Defiant this time around. PvE or PvP servers work, I enjoy raiding possibly after leveling (if starting new). Oh, and yes, feel free to nudge me to a guild if you like. 

Comments

• Biggus99Biggus99 Member Posts: 916

Considering the entire game is based on catering to the level-capped players, I voted to continue with your level 50, unless you enjoy grinding out incredibly boring quests in the same small zones again.  With the opening of Ember Isle for Level 50 players (surprise surprise), you might as well stick with your level capped toon.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

I honestly didn't mind the grind. Sure it was partly due to being new, but with rifts and pvp options to level, it wasn't something I found completely unentertaining.  I know a lot of stuff caters to the end game, so starting new would likely mean working my way up and 'learning' the class as I gain levels. I'm likely leaning away from mage as a second character and probably would go with something different, possibly a rogue or possibly cleric (going for battle/support focus).