Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3, Titan??!! What ever Blizzard make is huge success

2»

Comments

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by Painlezz

Originally posted by SwampRob

Originally posted by palulalula

They will never go down. When you read name Blizzard on the box of game you know it is epic

This was mostly true for me BEFORE Wow came out.

I loved D2.   With what I've seen and read, I've little interest in D3.    Definitely some stupid design decisions there.

Is this yet another WoW troll attempt? 

The topic says "Blizzard = Epic"

You shout more hate about wow... which was/is the biggest MMO ever released with largest player base.  WoW put MMORPG's on the global map and mainstream media.  WoW probably made Blizzard more EPIC as far as income/size/employees and product sales than anything they had ever released prior. 

WTB Less worthless WoW hating more useful replies!

It seemed like he used it less as a hate attempt and more as a time marker.  He posted about D3, if he wanted to hate about WoW he could have hated on CATA, Pandara, SC2 even but just D3.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

They will never go down. When you read name Blizzard on the box of game you know it is epic

Heh, I remember when names like Microproose, Eidos, Activision, Electronic arts and cinemaware meant the same.

Things change. Some of those companies died, others became too large and lost it's creativety. It will happen to Blizzard to sooner or later. In fact not a single of my favorite companies from the 80s and early 90s still make Epic games.

Diablo 3 will be a huge success, I am sure of it but I am not o sure about Titan. Diablo is still a popular IP and even if Blizzard would mess it up it will still sell great but affect the sales of Xpacs and Diablo 4.

Titan on the other hand is still rather unknowned and have to prove itself just like any other game, no matter who makes it. It will probably get great preorders, but AoC and WAR had that as well. Heck, even STO had a surprisingly large number of preorders. 

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by Painlezz

Originally posted by SwampRob

This was mostly true for me BEFORE Wow came out.

I loved D2.   With what I've seen and read, I've little interest in D3.    Definitely some stupid design decisions there.

Is this yet another WoW troll attempt? 

The topic says "Blizzard = Epic"

You shout more hate about wow... which was/is the biggest MMO ever released with largest player base.  WoW put MMORPG's on the global map and mainstream media.  WoW probably made Blizzard more EPIC as far as income/size/employees and product sales than anything they had ever released prior. 

WTB Less worthless WoW hating more useful replies!

What, discussing the symptom of the disease doesn't qualify as fair game?  So exactly what are the rules of engagement for this thread exactly?  The OPening salvo left things pretty loose as far as I can tell.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

Originally posted by Paithan

Dont feel bad.. I think we all are trying to forget Dune 1 and 2..

Dune 2 was made by Westwood, and Dune 2 was the first of the RTS genre. It was revolutionary and allow the entire genre to rise.

I can't believe people are slandering Dune 2.

Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

Dune 2 was made by Westwood, and Dune 2 was the first of the RTS genre. It was revolutionary and allow the entire genre to rise.

I can't believe people are slandering Dune 2.

Agreed, it wasn't really the the first but the first good one.

RTS games would not be the same without that game.

Originally posted by Aori

I do really miss westwood.. shame EA had to go and ruin their IPs.

Agreed, but when a publishing house like EA or Activision takes over it sadly is just a matter of time before the game lose what made them great.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

EA actually didn't mess up Westwood's IP for a while (C&C Generals and Red Alert 1 & 2 are both not bad). It is when they try too hard to be different from Warcraft and Starcraft that they really messed the IP up (what the hell is C&C 3 and 4? And Red Alert 3??)

Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

EA actually didn't mess up Westwood's IP for a while (C&C Generals and Red Alert 1 & 2 are both not bad). It is when they try too hard to be different from Warcraft and Starcraft that they really messed the IP up (what the hell is C&C 3 and 4? And Red Alert 3??)

It takes some time to mess up a good company.

They rarely mess up games already in development, it is the new games they mess up. And they often pass on games that are different and focus instead on sequels (ok, with Westwood it ain't a great example since they already made plenty sequels before EA bought them).

• lynshakelynshake Member Posts: 26

not yet but my friend have an battle net account have more chance to got an betal account for D3.willing wo play this game O(∩_∩)O~

• DoctrevilDoctrevil Member Posts: 9

My thoughts on this are very well perceived through thinking of Blizzard as say another powerhouse of its respective industry.. lets say Intel. Intel sells its parts, no matter HOW effective they may be, at such a higher price, for the same part(s) of their less prestigous competitors. And what i mean to get to by this, is that Intel can basically sell you shit and just because the name, people will be convinced that what they're buying, no matter how good it actually may be, is amazing and of the highest quality. Same idea in my mind of Blizzard, it makes shit, and sells you it by adding sprinkles,cherries, and promises of joy on top of it ... sad thing is shit, is still shit. Its like watching a used car salesman at work tbh. &_&

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

Originally posted by Mothanos

Nothing to see here folks just a brainwashed Blizzard sheep.

but ill write something down tough as iam bored to death :P

Rock and roll racing 10.0

Warcraft RTS serie   9.8

Diablo 1 & 2               9.6

Starcraft 1                   9.5

Starcraft 2                   9.0

WoW Vanila             - 9.0

WoW TBC                - 8.5

WoW Lich King       - 7.0

WoW Cataclysm     - 3.5

Diablo 3                     buy your gear on them market fo real moneh yo ^^ big let down as i like to pvp alot

WoW pandaran ?    will not even touch that crap -_-

Titan rumor of an Avatar IP ? all speculation tough but where there  is smoke there is a fire ?

Blizzard is losing its touch if you ask me bro, after playing Blizzard games for almost 2 decades  i see the qaulity drop alot in their games.

But thats just my opinion.

People seem to like Diablo 3 Beta, and Starcraft 2. 

What are your arguments? For the entire company to be derailing. Seems unfounded to me. IMO. Blizzard started out with humble beginnins, and outside of Lost Vikings which I loved, I don't remember being that impressed until Warcraft 2. I doubt Rock and Roll Racing was as good as some of the games of later years.

You call others sheep, but to me it's more sheep-like to jump on the Panda hate bandwagon. Wait til it's out son'

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

I would think Ncsoft going to give Blizzard run for the money with their Lineage Eternal and GW2.

I was more excited with their LE game than with Blizzard Diablo.

And also Titan is having problem since they have to laid off  "hero of the WoW dev team".

Rumor: Senior Titan designer laid off by Blizzard

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

Originally posted by Doctrevil

My thoughts on this are very well perceived through thinking of Blizzard as say another powerhouse of its respective industry.. lets say Intel. Intel sells its parts, no matter HOW effective they may be, at such a higher price, for the same part(s) of their less prestigous competitors. And what i mean to get to by this, is that Intel can basically sell you shit and just because the name, people will be convinced that what they're buying, no matter how good it actually may be, is amazing and of the highest quality. Same idea in my mind of Blizzard, it makes shit, and sells you it by adding sprinkles,cherries, and promises of joy on top of it ... sad thing is shit, is still shit. Its like watching a used car salesman at work tbh. &_&

I just can't picture where you're coming from...

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Blizzard games are too casual for my taste.  It maybe as you say but i don't play games due to a popularity contest.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

A developer selling 1990's tech that should be freeware is nothing to brag about.You don't charge for 1990's tech in the year 2011,well i guess you do and can get away with it.

As much money and as big as Blizzard is they still needed to license an engine for Titan,why?Well the Warcraft engine is an embarrasment to such a large developer and just not capable of a really good game.

I can make a huge compilation of Blizzard's inept abilities and poor design,but it doesn't really matter,if you are having fun playing their game go for it.

I just know that Blizzard can do a LOT better ,they are ripping off their customers with freeware tech and freeware quality.

They never made Wow low tech to get more users,if that was the case they would have made it for console ,EXACTYLY what Sqaure Enix accomplished with FFXI.You know why they never did?Well the dev you are bragging about was NOT capable of porting to consoles that is why Starcraft Ghost got scrapped and why they had to hire outside Blizzard to try and make it work.

Btw Diablo is NOT even Blizzard's game,they purchased that developer.Their tech for Diablo and Starcraft looks the same as 1995 Command n Conquer tech.

This is a developer definitely not worth the praise it gets,i am sure other devs with much better skills are extremely disheartened to see fanbois/marketing wins out over skills.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• nschnsch Member Posts: 32

Diablo3 will be  huge success because it will give every player different experience  . many peple will play this game whichwill make blizz a huge success.