Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo III - Yes!

2»

Comments

• Originally posted by zethcarn

I'm surprised it got it's own forum considering it's not an MMO.  But whatever...can't wait for this game!

I've found D2 to have better replayability than most true mmos released today, and it's 10+ years old.  Since replayability is a staple of mmos to me, I find D2 more of a mmo than most true mmos.

A well deserved forum.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by zaxxon23

Originally posted by zethcarn

I'm surprised it got it's own forum considering it's not an MMO.  But whatever...can't wait for this game!

I've found D2 to have better replayability than most true mmos released today, and it's 10+ years old.  Since replayability is a staple of mmos to me, I find D2 more of a mmo than most true mmos.

A well deserved forum.

Replayability is not in the definition of MMO.  

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

Someone said it had little replay value?  Yes, I believe they were talking about Diablo 3.  Let's take a quick trip back in time to when Diablo 2 was no longer being played due to not being moddable.  Oh wait, people are still playing it you say?  The battle-net servers aren't moddable you say?  Is there a difference?  No, you say? 

Got my point?  It's still going to be a huge hit, probably the biggest in quite a while.  RMT's happened whether anyone wanted to admit it or not.  AH is a great addition, it eliminates the annoying server hopping I had to do in able to try and trade for something I wanted.

It's still going to retain years of replayability. 

As far as Diablo 3 having it's own section here on MMORPG.com... well I'm technically in the minority when I believe it shouldn't be here.  Problem is, this is the same route businesses go down with their customers.  They complain too much and the decision makers can't stay true to their original design.  Eventually the players get their way and the integrity of the product takes a hit in the process.  I have no respect for a company that sells out, and that's what MMORPG.com is doing with this decision.  But, a lot of people post here so I have to stay where the community is.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by Painlezz

Originally posted by zethcarn

MMORPG

Massivly - Yup, lots and lots of people will be playing Diablo 3

Multiplayer - Yup, in fact ONLY multiplayer

Online - Yup!

Role - For sure bro!

Playing - Yup!

Game - yup!

Looks like an MMORPG to me!  They added League of Legends and HoN I think?  Among other titles.  Guildwars 1 is not an MMO by the standards that Diablo 3 isn't...  If no one considers it an MMO, no one will use the forums here for it, and won't matter anyway!

Neither Diablo 3 NOR Guild Wars 1 are MMOs and no administrator of this site or developer of EITHER of those games has ever said otherwise.  Just because they're including it here does not mean it's suddenly and magically become an MMO.  They are including it because of it's popularity among MMO players.

So anyway....quit trying to define D3 as an MMO.  That's ridiculous and everyone knows it.  The site administrators here won't even call it that.  They've already explained in another thread why they're including it here.

By the way, unless you consider like 16 people to be "massively multiplayer," you using that for the word massively in the acronym is a joke.  If you think it's an MMORPG....link me to Blizzard referring to their OWN game, meaning Diablo 3, as such.  Good luck on that.

There are a LOT of games included on the games list on this site that are not MMORPGs, incidentally.  I don't see the big deal anymore.  The site admins will do what they want to do to make the site the most appealing to their target audience of gamers.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• lynshakelynshake Member Posts: 26

the blizz show that it will come out in jan 2012 . willing to play this game