Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gamelist: clutter

I was wondering if there is anyone on this site that is in charge of making sure the gamelist is up to date. I wonder about this because I found some games on the list that is dead and when I sent an email informing the site about the games in question, I received no response.

Comments

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Originally posted by CharliePham

I was wondering if there is anyone on this site that is in charge of making sure the gamelist is up to date. I wonder about this because I found some games on the list that is dead and when I sent an email informing the site about the games in question, I received no response.

Can you PM me the information you sent over so I can make sure it gets to the right people? Thanks!

• CharliePhamCharliePham Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by MikeB

Can you PM me the information you sent over so I can make sure it gets to the right people? Thanks!

Thanks for the quick reply, MikeB :)

Although I am a bit surprised at this list. So far, I have been going down the list and checking our every individual game to see which ones are dead and which ones are still operational and I am shocked. Not only are there a lot of games that are no longer operating, there is even one game on the list that has been dead for 5 years. You guys really need to clean your list more often :P

I'll send you the list as soon as I finish going down this list. So far, I spent hours on it and I think another hour or two should finish the job.

(If you're wondering why I'm spending a lot of my time cleaning up this list, its because I'm in the hospital, recovering from a bone marrow transplant, so I got more time than I need)

• CharliePhamCharliePham Member Posts: 7

So it's been more than a week since I last sent the list full of games that have long been dead. Yet, I still don't see them being deleted from the game list. Instead, I see more games being added. In addition, in the same time frame that I have compiled this list, multiple games are making preparations to be closed, such as Lego Universe or Mythos.

I sent the list through the "contact us" and I PM'd the list to Mikeb. Can any staff members respond to me (preferably Mikeb) regarding this issue?

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

We literally just put someone in charge of the Game List this week.  He's still getting situated, but please PM me the info and we'll get it taken care of.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

So it's been more than a week since I last sent the list full of games that have long been dead. Yet, I still don't see them being deleted from the game list. Instead, I see more games being added. In addition, in the same time frame that I have compiled this list, multiple games are making preparations to be closed, such as Lego Universe or Mythos.

I sent the list through the "contact us" and I PM'd the list to Mikeb. Can any staff members respond to me (preferably Mikeb) regarding this issue?

Oddly enough, I never received the original PM. But I just found the follow-up email you sent in my junkmail! D'oh. Go ahead and send it back over to Bill, please. He'll get it to our new game list manager.