Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did Aion just beat SWTOR and WOW?

124»

Comments

• nightfallrobnightfallrob Member Posts: 167

Originally posted by Purutzil

Originally posted by caremuchless

In Grinding #1

Name a game that doesn't involve grinding. Yeah thats right, you can't, because no matter how you 'shape it' what your doing in every single MMo your play is one form or another of grinding. 

Yes but there are plenty of games that try to make the grind interesting in varying ways (storytelling, low-level PvP offering experience, etc). Simply put, for 20 levels Aion doesn't. It instead requires you to endure in the hopes that things will get better. If you want to waste your time and money on that you're welcome to, but most of us would like to actually enjoy our time playing the game instead of simply logging hours on a clock.

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

this game its death already on west period, lots of people want to join the train to KOTORmmo and GW2, so even if they go FTP AION will crush to a death end on the west

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

All the noise people make about Aion...it's mind boggling.  Why can't people let this game just do what it does.  Everybody knows that visuals are only one aspect of any gameplay.  Just like with humans - you can be hot and be dumber than poo.

Aion is a gorgeous game with oustanding customization options (x2 with housing coming up!).  If you like customization - yes, Aion beats those games. 

Gameplay itself is behind the tims a bit, and combat can be downright clunky at times (do I really need to stop moving just to finish that combat animation?).  Everybody knwos that pvp in the air is basically broken in favor of ranged and that will most likely never change. - if you want epic questing, smooth combat, dynamic events, class diversity and balanced pvp - this game loses compared to many other games.

Aion isn't going anywhere anytime soon - it's a money making machine for NCSoft (yes, even in the West since content is released slow.  

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440

Originally posted by Sukiyaki

Originally posted by pedrostrik

this game its death already on west period, lots of people want to join the train to KOTORmmo and GW2, so even if they go FTP AION will crush to a death end on the west

Please get behind the line, there have been enough doomsday apostels arived before you, all yet to live up to their claims.

Allods, C9, STO, APB, FFXIV, any random overhyped WoW patch, Cataclysm, TERA, SC2, Rift are all still out to "crush" Aion "to its last bits"(okay some not, as they flopped hard), while Aion is still driving strong, stronger than most MMORPGs out there and actually currently its going uphill again... but no doubt you will keep denying that. Atleast respect your kindred and wait for their doomsday sentence to turn in first.

Most games on this market would wish yet can only dream to be as "dead" as Aion no matter how bleak some resentles ragequitter want to picture Aions state.

I beg to differ. I recently quit after 2 years of Aion. The game is slowly dying out. It is still playable but just doing world PVP can take a while to find anyone. It is Mostly Elyos dominated so that does not help the current state of the game either. I have seen so many people come and go as well as guilds  crumble to the ground. It is a great game but eventually they will need to merge it yet again for the population. 3.0 is too little too late. Even my guild Breath of Chaos a few people every day hit the 30 day mark of last played and are removed from guild. Take a look around you will see what I mean. There is just barely enough to sustain life.

• uniongameruniongamer Member Posts: 20

Its hard believe some people question whether aion is dead or not. I was honestly suprised to hear it is still on life support. A great concept wasted on an asleep at the wheel dev team and a massive multiplayer unbalanced mess that was lost in translation and patched too late to matter.

I uninstalled this game years ago and had a 50 glad and a 43 spiritmaster, i tried to like this game. In the future I will look upon ncsoft with the same suspicions I have for funcom.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

Originally posted by Kopogero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilEffax8id4&feature=player_embedded

Looking by the latest video and from my previous Aion experience it seems like this game currently got the edge over WOW and SWTOR?

Aion wins in

#1 Graphics

#2 Combat

#3 Extra housing feature?

Discuss...

LoL. what are you taling about?

1) Graphics?? i did remember how unplayable the game was in the sieges or with more than 50 people doing pvp in the same zone, yes sure they have ¨cute Graphics¨ but the game is just unplayable.

2) Combat?  you are talking about the insanely long animations, where u cant even move in pvp, the combat in AION is just too static, slow and bored, it looks cool, but the gameplay is just bad, even worse when in AION is all about how good your ping is. 

3) looks like AION is a Social MMO now, like the sims.  

AION is not even a competition for a game like swtor in the west, and they will lost more people the 20 of december to never come back.  Koreans love game like AION, and tbh i dont really know why. Here in the west we are just bored of games with an endless grindfest system like AION.

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Graphics for players and NPC's are very nice, some of the world textures are terrible though, I didn't really appreciate the art style either.

Glad the OP likes the game and others are still enjoying it, I had major problems with this title so it wasn't for me.

My biggest gripes - Aion has to be the most RMT friendly game I've ever played, a massive over reliance on in game cash when there really doesn't need to be, no wonder the bots hit it hard. An over reliance on RNG when it came to crafting and enchantments, usually to the detriment of the player, where's the fun in that? A death penalty that stopped me grouping with players, I got sick of getting massive cash and xp debts from pugging as a cleric and of course there was the grind. If all those things changed I might give it another look, I did have some fun in Aion.

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

Originally posted by Kopogero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilEffax8id4&feature=player_embedded

Looking by the latest video and from my previous Aion experience it seems like this game currently got the edge over WOW and SWTOR?

Aion wins in

#1 Graphics

#2 Combat

#3 Extra housing feature?

Discuss...

how dare you to tell me something to discuss.... 

• ArcsolArcsol Member UncommonPosts: 67

i looked at about two comments and... i dont care what it beats or what people think of it, ill let them hate on it while im enjoying the game with everyone else that feels the same