Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need some advice

XtremMMOXtremMMO Member UncommonPosts: 8

Hey All,

I'm wondering whether there are any high quality single-player games with a level of complexity to combat and character development that is similar to what I can get from MMOs. I've never really played many single-player games, so I'm not really sure of what's out there - though I've played a lot of MMOs. I've been working my way through a bunch of MMOs recently, trying them out to see if I really want to play them, but not really finding what I'm looking for.

So trying to branch out in another direction, what I guess I'd like is a game that has a caster class (or the equivalent in another setting), with combat that has you using many different abilities/skills/effects - which may be split across several shortcut bars. I'd like the skill of the player to be important to success. Imagine playing an MMO as a solo player - but have that be a single player game.

I've seen and tried a few single-player RPGs in the past and usually found the combat to be very simplistic, often with just a few abilities available available at any one time. I've also found a couple of single-player games that had better combat - but then really lacked in character development, variability of content and story-line.

So... can anyone suggest a few single-player games that I might want to take a look at, with all that in mind?

X

Comments

• XtremMMOXtremMMO Member UncommonPosts: 8

What? No suggestions at all? :)

X

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Well Skyrim comes out in 8 days, you might want to check into that (if you haven't seen the thousands of advertisements)

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• XtremMMOXtremMMO Member UncommonPosts: 8

I just never got on with Elder Scroll's shortcuts, spell selection etc. I found the whole interface clunky and annoying to be honest. Maybe I should try out some different mods and give Oblivion another go...

X

• chaser12chaser12 Member Posts: 2

I'm a big fan of sim games - they're not too 'multiplayer' focused - I can recommend Skyrama and Ramacity - both excellent browser games!

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813

You may want to check out the Drakensang games. I really enjoyed them and they have a lot of depth.