Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Lineage Eternal: 14 Minutes of Game Play Action

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

During GStar in South Korea this week, NCSoft and the Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance team showed off this game play trailer. It's 14 minutes of marginal quality but it definitely shows what the game is going to be and some pretty awesome combat. Check it out!

Thanks, Piasek, for the tip!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662

Looks great! better than Diablo 3 you think?

• daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680

Diablo 3 just got owned...

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347

Diablo 3 looks lame compared to this.

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

Gameplay wise this will own d3.

So So glad to see this video. Nice Nice

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

Gameplay introduce a lot of innovation and environment is beautiful and spell effect on them is awesome.

These day korea game maker sure know how to make good eye candy

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

Holy Crap!  Did NCSoft just throw down the gauntlet, or what?!

That mouse-directional targetting system, especially when shown in relation to the caster's spells and which direction that they would be laid down in was pretty nifty.

Very interested in seeing more information on this title as it comes in!  Very excited!

• fenrisbluefenrisblue Member UncommonPosts: 138

really are you guys serious?  it looks ike it is going to be the same pointless hack and slash grind that always comes from that side of the world , i'll probably try it to give it a chance, and maybe i will be surprised , but i doubt i will play it past a couple weeks

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

Originally posted by fenrisblue

really are you guys serious?  it looks ike it is going to be the same pointless hack and slash grind that always comes from that side of the world , i'll probably try it to give it a chance, and maybe i will be surprised , but i doubt i will play it past a couple weeks

Hack and Slash Grind from that side of the world as opposed to Blizzard's Hack and Slash grind from this side of the world...

Hmm... failing to see the difference.

• xenomxenom Member UncommonPosts: 116

looking really nice :) hope it doesnt take ages until we get hands on it.

• ColdicesColdices Member Posts: 157

Originally posted by fenrisblue

Oh please.... I can't stand these people here. They think every western game is superior in qualiy if you compare it an eastern game. Did you actually play any game of the Lineage series? I guess not and I guess you only played a few low-budget free to play mmo's from korea.

As for the trailer. It looks amazing. I just hope its an actual mmo. The castle sieges should be PvP not PvE, but the game is still in development and this was obviously made just to show us what its capable of.

• cybersrscybersrs Member UncommonPosts: 181

1080p

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Look awsome definitly the aoe effect and control are great, not very challenging though, but look great for sure. Hope they won't put some RMTAH lol. Anyone know where they are in the development process?

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

I got to give the developers kudos, they did a nice job.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• ColdicesColdices Member Posts: 157

Release date is still unknown but they will start doing internal tests in the first half of 2012. With a bit of luck we can get this  end of 2012 or start of 2013.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Blizzards motto "it will be out when it's done" is starting to bite them on the ass, slow developement cycles makes their games look dated and they are losing ground in the gaming industry..if it were not for wow blizzard might not even be around today.

NCsoft just showed how far behind the times blizzard are.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Don't know what some of the above posters are looking at, but Diablo III is so much better than what I see in this video, it just does not compare. 

Blizzard rules in this part of the genre.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

I was originally disapointed to hear that it wasn't going to be the Lineage II perspective (3D and not looking down on your character), but this looks so amazing that I don't really care (plus I knew this was how the 1st Lineage was).

Like the mage looks like it's going to be really fun to play!

Can't wait!

Smile

• Ngeldu5tNgeldu5t Member UncommonPosts: 608

This is what D3 should have been .This game  looks and feel more EPIC.Some of the features are really interesting.Can't wait to hear and learn more on LE.

PS>it's funny how fast Blizzard was in deleting threads talking about LE...looks like Blizz/D3 just got a big hit in its left nut :p

In the land of Predators,the lion does not fear the jackals...

• loudermploudermp Member Posts: 20

I have played Lineage I and II, but I enjoyed Lineage I best, but I like this game since I prefer the hack n slash and in my opinion the isometric point view is better suited to this style, I am looking forward to this game I hope it is distributed in NA.

It must be true, I read it on the internet!
    PDL

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

i love this .. this look exactly like Lineage 1. i mean the camera angle at least :P

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• mugengaiamugengaia Member Posts: 347

Originally posted by Ozmodan

Don't know what some of the above posters are looking at, but Diablo III is so much better than what I see in this video, it just does not compare. 

As in which ones Diablo 3 is better at?

At the moment, Diablo 3 has way more classes.  Yep, a definite plus.

Graphics??? LOL please, Diablo 3 graphics are pretty bland...but shiny like WoW, so it'll prolly appeal.

Skills?  LOL please, nothing new here, same ol lame ol skills, although mages get some nice laser beems they can rotate with the mouse, but in stand still position. 

Motion?  No contest, please.  Have you played beta?  Ranged classes are okay, I have no problem.  Try a monk.  When you switch targets, the attack motions cut off as you move, melee characters studder inbetween targets while attacking.  It's certaintly not a big deal, but it's also something you don't expect from Blizzard in this decade.  They would have to throw the current D3 in the bin and redevelop from scratch for core game mechanics, and I doubt that will ever happen with Activision watching over their asses.

There's no guarantee NCsoft will deliver something promising with great content, or as a matter of fact "quality" of content, since Hack & Slash games don't generally require a lot of content to succeed. 

In which case, Blizzard succeeded with Diablo 2, because of instance randomization.  <----- not quantity, quality, get it?

Look, be honest, there's some things Blizzard could have done better with D3 than just make it the same D2 with new skin on it.  I don't know if you're suppose look at their new in game RMT as innovative, but that's your opinion if you think so. 

GRIND sucks? You wanna be max level in a month?
    Since when did society award easy-goers and lazy-fools?
    MAKES ME PHOBIC OF STUPIDITY!

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Originally posted by mugengaia

As in which ones Diablo 3 is better at?

At the moment, Diablo 3 has way more classes.  Yep, a definite plus.

Graphics??? LOL please, Diablo 3 graphics are pretty bland...but shiny like WoW, so it'll prolly appeal.

Skills?  LOL please, nothing new here, same ol lame ol skills, although mages get some nice laser beems they can rotate with the mouse, but in stand still position. 

Motion?  No contest, please.  Have you played beta?  Ranged classes are okay, I have no problem.  Try a monk.  When you switch targets, the attack motions cut off as you move, melee characters studder inbetween targets while attacking.  It's certaintly not a big deal, but it's also something you don't expect from Blizzard in this decade.  They would have to throw the current D3 in the bin and redevelop from scratch for core game mechanics, and I doubt that will ever happen with Activision watching over their asses.

There's no guarantee NCsoft will deliver something promising with great content, or as a matter of fact "quality" of content, since Hack & Slash games don't generally require a lot of content to succeed. 

In which case, Blizzard succeeded with Diablo 2, because of instance randomization.  <----- not quantity, quality, get it?

Look, be honest, there's some things Blizzard could have done better with D3 than just make it the same D2 with new skin on it.  I don't know if you're suppose look at their new in game RMT as innovative, but that's your opinion if you think so. 

Well come up with one decent game that NCSoft has made and you might have a point, but realistically, besides Guildwars, which was not done by the Korean studios,  they really have struck out time and time again.  We have not seen Guildwars II yet to make a judgement on it.   

With that kind of record, it is easy to see Blizzard owns them.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Well come up with one decent game that NCSoft has made and you might have a point, but realistically, besides Guildwars, which was not done by the Korean studios,  they really have struck out time and time again.  We have not seen Guildwars II yet to make a judgement on it.   

With that kind of record, it is easy to see Blizzard owns them.

Wrong,  I don't much care for NC but your comment is way out of touch.  It seems to me that you are drinking the hype koolaid of D3 & blizzard my friend.  D3 is looking like nothing more than a new paint job of d2.

Because you only look at numbers and not the game nor content is what you base your comment on....weak

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

and what i can tell from this video , is this is a mmo rpg not a lobby game, and u can do raid .and dungeon anyway its the way i see it ,

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• lunatislunatis Member UncommonPosts: 261

I think the game looks great but it's not just appearance that counts.