Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can pre-load Skyrim on Steam now

RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426

Like the title says, you can pre-load Skyrim on Steam now. 

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard

Comments

• SkrankenSkranken Member UncommonPosts: 100

I just noticed the same..

But when will we be able to login? I mean clockwise..

• RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426

for me I think its 11pm central time

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Anyone else concerned that it's only 5gb?  Isn't that a little small for a game, these days?

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Vhaln
    Anyone else concerned that it's only 5gb?  Isn't that a little small for a game, these days?

The content is probably compressed. Also, there may be updates that occur after the game is loaded or while you're playing.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Got my Skyrim copy today, and was of course extremely excited while starting the installation process. Aah, such satisfaction over having the game before the release day! Yeah, right...

After a little while, steam installer started. Turned out a steam account is required for this game. Ok, I just logged on to my old account, and when prompted, typed the game's serial.

Then this message appeared:

"Steam Install:

The Elder Scroll V: Skyrim cannot be installed yet, because it is not yet released."

/cry... So, 8 more hours, assuming itt works immediately after midnight. (EU CET).

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566

Finally done mine last night! Wooo! Can't wait!

• darkcircuitdarkcircuit Member Posts: 211

Got Skyrim on the PS3 in my hand right now, gotta love Game in the UK and their dodgy delivery estimates ;)

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Guys, in order to not have the front page completely dominated by Skyrim threads, and to cut down on duplicates, please use the stickied thread at the top of the forum for posting reviews, questions, general news, and commentary. Thanks!

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.