Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New weekend beta invites

Comments

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Well, got my invite too, kind of sucks that it would be on the weekend I am going to the Browns/Rams game on Sunday.

I will have to try to maximize my time though, want to get a good feel for it, and see what it is like...Since I haven't played any of their Kotor games.

• MillbargeMillbarge Member Posts: 46

I got my invite.  I guess I'm putting off Skyrim for a weekend.  No big loss.

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

• NoriandronNoriandron Member Posts: 13

So excited i finally got my invite aswell! GL to anyone els who has not got their invite.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Millbarge
    I got my invite.  I guess I'm putting off Skyrim for a weekend.  No big loss.

I was just wondering how many beta invites would be ignored because of Skyrim. That game is like the second coming to hear people talk about it.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

FINALLY! Been signed up for this since 4/18/09 with the hopes of getting a shot in before the early access. Honestly I really didn't expect to get in even though I preordered the CE and it's damn near paid off. All I really want to see for myself are two things:

1. Can I run it?

2. The Commando class

If I cannot run it as is on my PC I rather know now so I can upgrade accordingly. Best to have these things ironed out now and not on the actual day of trying to download and play. Second, I have to know if the commando class will play like I envisioned it. Not anyone else, my opinion, so thankfully I get to check that out before the early access day and draw my own conclusions. Finally, I can expereince the visual art style that I prefer over realism and see if they can achieve what (to me at least) SWG could not. That is, worlds where they look like worlds and not palette swapped desert flat lands with sprinkles of vegetation here and there.

*** Special note***

If the commando class is a no go for me you guys can expect a sig change reaaaaaal soon! Here's hoping it's not! image

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• youtoomeyoutoome Member UncommonPosts: 9

Somebody please if you can lend me account for an hour when beta starts and maybe you go sleep.

I dont receive invite but i just cant wait for that to play star wars.

I would be very grateful.

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081

I'm really shocked how many people on these forums got invites this go around. Why am I always the bridesmaid and never the bride........    yeah I said that lol.

No signature, I don't have a pen

• czekoskwigelczekoskwigel Member Posts: 458

I just got mine!  woot!

I plan on playing a Jedi and a Bounty Hunter at launch, so my inclination is to try out a Trooper this weekend, that way I can get a feel for the game while not ruining any surprises as far as the personal story is concerned.

• RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426

Nice, I just got an invite...starts on the 11th. guess I can postpone Skyrim for a few days.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

Dammit. I just got an invite and the forums are down for maintenance.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I am finally in!

ZOMG hurray!

There goes my plans of buying Skyrim this weekend lol

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Originally posted by BadSpock

I am finally in!

ZOMG hurray!

There goes my plans of buying Skyrim this weekend lol

Congrats! I believe that trying a game before buying it is still the best method. I hope you have fun.

• RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426

Question : when we download for the test can we keep the download and patch at release or is it better to delete it after the beta and get the new client for CE early access ?

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Originally posted by Redcor

Question : when we download for the test can we keep the download and patch at release or is it better to delete it after the beta and get the new client for CE early access ?

They have been saying that every build for beta had to be a fresh install. But regardless of what they say at release, you should always install a fresh client. This removes any of those files that dont always delete during beta updates.

• ChimpsChimps Member Posts: 192

Have they sent out invites to EU yet? If not wtf?

• Cameo3Cameo3 Member Posts: 219

I'm a big fan of Star Wars and I don't care about this game anymore!!!

Where is my TSW beta!? :( *sad face*

Member of Talon | www.lakexeno.com
    RIFT: Redcameo, Warrior, Faemist Server
    RIFT: Bluecameo, Mage, Faemist Server

• kirak2009kirak2009 Member UncommonPosts: 543

nice,  both me and the wife got an invite,  should be an interesting wknd

"All expectation leads to suffering" Buhhda

• SpiritofGameSpiritofGame Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Originally posted by kirak2009

nice,  both me and the wife got an invite,  should be an interesting wknd

Yes, I got my invite too.  Should make for an interesting weekend.

I've already preordered, but I'd like to get a look at the game and see how it is progressing.

~ Ancient Membership ~

• CloudinkCloudink Member UncommonPosts: 120

Why is the website down, I need to download the client!!!

"It''s like they took a gun, put it to their nugget sack and pulled the trigger over and over again, each time telling us how great it was that they were shooting themselves in the balls."
    --Exar_Kun on SWG''s NGE

I once prayed to God for a bike, but quickly found out he didnt work that way...so I stole a bike and prayed for his forgiveness.

"Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul."
    -Tycho

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

Got two invites :). My third beta weekend and counting!

At least this time I can play along side a future guild mate.

You stay sassy!

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

Got mine. huge download BTW. now i need fraps.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014

Originally posted by Cloudink

Why is the website down, I need to download the client!!!

It's up now

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • logicwarlogicwar Member UncommonPosts: 69

Originally posted by Chimps

Have they sent out invites to EU yet? If not wtf?

good question, anyone in the EU get a invite ?

• TrustedxTrustedx Member UncommonPosts: 21

Well, if anyone would be so kind if they happen to have gotten two, you can always send me a key (if it works that way) in a PM.

Much appreciated!

• Valgar1Valgar1 Member UncommonPosts: 324

Originally posted by farore

Of course the same weekend i get invited is the same weekend skyrim comes out. So many choices

This!

I got an invite but how can i not play Skyrim?