Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everquest 2 and the digital con.

kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

having bought the digital version of eq2 i thought i would install it again for another go,low and behold to my extreme dissapointment here is where the con starts.so i d/loaded the installer..only about 4mb or somethin like that..now bare in mind i have paid £20 for this item i find i cant download it,why you may ask..well here is why..sony want me to sub immediately to the game,which means if its a slow download i lose 1 or 2 days sub.seen has i have paid for this item i should be able to download it has much as i like..now there maybe another way to get the client downloaded(i doint know) but surely if i payed for it i should be able to fu----g download it using the installer..btw i bought it off D2D.

Is there another way to download the client or is this another one of sony's cons.

Comments

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516

ummm you can download the client like you can with all they're games. The links are on the sony site itself, you may just be missing them, its easy to do just that by the way. :D keep looking :O

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

ty m8..but my gripe is i should be able to download it from D2D seen has i,ve payed for it.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

Originally posted by kevjards

ty m8..but my gripe is i should be able to download it from D2D seen has i,ve payed for it.

well, your issue is with D2D then not with EQ2.  EQ2 - the full client - is available for download 100% free from multiple sources.  You only need an account to actually log into the game, and even then, you can do it with a free / trial account.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Originally posted by kevjards

having bought the digital version of eq2 i thought i would install it again for another go,low and behold to my extreme dissapointment here is where the con starts.so i d/loaded the installer..only about 4mb or somethin like that..now bare in mind i have paid £20 for this item i find i cant download it,why you may ask..well here is why..sony want me to sub immediately to the game,which means if its a slow download i lose 1 or 2 days sub.seen has i have paid for this item i should be able to download it has much as i like..now there maybe another way to get the client downloaded(i doint know) but surely if i payed for it i should be able to fu----g download it using the installer..btw i bought it off D2D.

Is there another way to download the client or is this another one of sony's cons.

Just because you don't know how things works, doesn't mean it's a con.

Btw, even though this is a multi-gibabyte game, you can start playing within a few minutes after you start downloading. Simply because of the streaming method they use. So you will not lose 1 or 2 days sub, as you say, even if your connection isn't very fast.