Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Things of 2.0 you don't like?

2»

Comments

• Zookz1Zookz1 Member Posts: 629

Originally posted by Draron

Originally posted by Netspook

Originally posted by free2play

2.0 really needs to be a miracle if they think anyone is going to pay for this cluster fuck.

Actually, they think ppl are going to pay for over a year, while waiting for 2.0.

Lol...

You say that as if people aren't enjoying the game and are foolish for paying a sub fee for a game they like.

I can't speak for him, but yes, i do think people are foolish to pay SE for this game. It's a bad precedant and sends SE the same message that they had when they thought it was okay to launch this game: "You can do anything you like so long as it has your name and the name Final Fantasy in the title. Your fans will gladly pay for and play a game in any state so long as it's called Final Fantasy."

I garuntee if this game was called World of Fantasycraft and was released by Blizzard the same people who defend it now would shit all over it. Really, it's your money, so do whatever you want, but I do think it's foolish.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

2.0 really needs to be a miracle if they think anyone is going to pay for this cluster fuck.

Actually, they think ppl are going to pay for over a year, while waiting for 2.0.

Lol...

You say that as if people aren't enjoying the game and are foolish for paying a sub fee for a game they like.

I think you will soon come to find out you are in an extreme minority of transient individuals.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Subscription fee.  I'm spoiled now and don't want to pay to play it.  Ever.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Originally posted by elocke

There are diffrent kind of people, I on the other hand prefer pay to play as long as it keep cash shop out of the game or make them very tiny.  Unfortunetally lately that is changing as cash shops are growing in p2p games (and I tend to leave games like that), but well that's topic for whole other discussion.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by fenistil

There are diffrent kind of people, I on the other hand prefer pay to play as long as it keep cash shop out of the game or make them very tiny.  Unfortunetally lately that is changing as cash shops are growing in p2p games (and I tend to leave games like that), but well that's topic for whole other discussion.

But the best part of games with no sub but have cash shops is?  I can IGNORE the cash shop.  Unless the shop offers character slots or expansions, well you would be paying for that anyway with sub fee, so I wouldn't mind that at all.  But xp pots or cosmetic stuff?  No one is forcing anyone to buy that stuff.  I know I never even bat an eye at it.

• TheStarheartTheStarheart Member Posts: 368

Originally posted by fenistil

But the best part of games with no sub but have cash shops is?  I can IGNORE the cash shop.  Unless the shop offers character slots or expansions, well you would be paying for that anyway with sub fee, so I wouldn't mind that at all.  But xp pots or cosmetic stuff?  No one is forcing anyone to buy that stuff.  I know I never even bat an eye at it.

He said cash shops in pay to play, not games with no subs. His text in red for reference.

Edit: Examples would be games like Champions Online (on release), and the same is rumored in the upcoming MMO The Secret World

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Lol...

Most ppl are NOT enjoying the game. If they were, SE wouldn't change anything at all.

We're talking about a game so bad that even the company behind it apologized for it. Now they're re-developing it and expect ppl to pay while it's under devlopment. For me, that means paying to beta test.

And yes, if the fanboys are willing to pay a full year's subscription to beta test, then my true opinions about them would probably get me a perma-ban from this site.

Before you or someone else starts another rant about what 2.0 will add, let me remind you: we're not there yet, we're talking about the the one year period BEFORE it gets added. And before someone goes ranting about what 1.18 and 1.19 added: they didn't change the game from crap to fantastic. Those changes are hardly visible at all for players at the bottom half of the level range.

To those who haven't tried this game, but are curious about how it is, and how it will become:

BUY the game NOW. I only paid 6 euros for it, so I got it almost for free. If 2.0 makes this game a great one (which I'm pretty sure it won't, though), then you already own the game, and don't have to cough up whatever price it will be then. They've promised a new trial period after 2.0 - that's when the time has come to decide if this game is worth a sub or not.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

Lol...

Most ppl are NOT enjoying the game. If they were, SE wouldn't change anything at all.

We're talking about a game so bad that even the company behind it apologized for it. Now they're re-developing it and expect ppl to pay while it's under devlopment. For me, that means paying to beta test.

And yes, if the fanboys are willing to pay a full year's subscription to beta test, then my true opinions about them would probably get me a perma-ban from this site.

Before you or someone else starts another rant about what 2.0 will add, let me remind you: we're not there yet, we're talking about the the one year period BEFORE it gets added. And before someone goes ranting about what 1.18 and 1.19 added: they didn't change the game from crap to fantastic. Those changes are hardly visible at all for players at the bottom half of the level range.

To those who haven't tried this game, but are curious about how it is, and how it will become:

BUY the game NOW. I only paid 6 euros for it, so I got it almost for free. If 2.0 makes this game a great one (which I'm pretty sure it won't, though), then you already own the game, and don't have to cough up whatever price it will be then. They've promised a new trial period after 2.0 - that's when the time has come to decide if this game is worth a sub or not.

That long rant had nothing to do with my post, it was just the stereotypical rant you see time and time again on these forums. Same tale, getting old.

The fact is, most people who are playing the game right now ARE enjoying it. 3/4th of the poll on the official forums have people voting for the "I'm staying and paying" option. Not everyone of those are fanbois, but you'll most likely argue that. No game is for everyone, and yes the game was released in poor shape. But since then it has improved, and if it has that many people willing to sub despite it's bad rep it's doing something right.

If people don't like the game, that's fine. Move on to another MMO. I can sympathize with people that payed for a Collector's Edition and didn't like the game, but that's what comes with pre-ordering after seeing the beta.

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

Be more specific, please, because generalising addons like that, is just silly. What are you so afraid of? Give one example on how you will suffer because other players are using addons. If you can.

No specifics needed. If you think it's "silly", then think so. But any advantage other people don't have (and PS3 players might not even be able to get some, that's to be seen) is gamebreaking IMO.

So is it your opinion that if ps3 players are at a disadvantage due to the fact that they have a console controller that no attempt should be made to improve the pc interface beyond what the consolers get?  Thats not what you said but it follows from it.  You want everyone to be equal to the lowest common denominator.  There are many many addons that make life nicer that dont imo give undue advantage.  They give a little advantage but so what?  The people that stubbornly choose not to use have made their choice.  Why should they choose for everyone?

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

Originally posted by svann

So is it your opinion that if ps3 players are at a disadvantage due to the fact that they have a console controller that no attempt should be made to improve the pc interface beyond what the consolers get?  Thats not what you said but it follows from it.  You want everyone to be equal to the lowest common denominator.  There are many many addons that make life nicer that dont imo give undue advantage.  They give a little advantage but so what?  The people that stubbornly choose not to use have made their choice.  Why should they choose for everyone?

The keyboard/mouse combo gives no advantage besides moving menus around. XIV was designed with a controller in mind, and there's nothing gameplay related you can'd do with a keyboard/mouse that you can't do with a gamepad.

And yes, I agree some addons give ease of life additions. But some, like I said, are gamebreaking. That's the reason why GW2 dev's said they're not going for the way of the addons.

IMO, playing a game should be inside the game. You shouldn't have to rely on downloaded tools. Take WoW for example. If you don't have the addon Auctioneer, your at a severe disadvantage. I don't want the same thing to happen to XIV.

• BelarionBelarion Member Posts: 570

I hate the idea that SE is not confident enough in their abilities to produce a good game that they feel they might need addons or other forms of outside help in playing it, to attract people.

But SE did create a pretty crappy game and then apologized and have been doing everything they can to make up for the launch. So I can see where their lack of confidence comes from. But I hope they are strict somehow about addon usage.

They still seem to be strict about somethings for us hardcore, time equals effort, sorta people; like the Materia setup. The first one goes on simply but from then on its increasingly difficult to hit the 6!!! possible slots. And if you do go for that second, third, fourth, fifth or sixth and it blows up- everything is gone. Imagine having a weapon with 6 materia!!! Thats epic, so kudos to them still making aspects of the game epic. So they still want to play to both teams , the casuals and the hardcore(epeens hehe).

Another example is them reducing wear on gear, but not throwing it away all together. I have found shouting for, and receiving, repairs to be a great social medium. I meet people, talk to them, pay them and they give me their service. Although they did make repair npcs capable of repairing to 99% which for people with money, which is everyone, might become a easy out.

I dont like the cross-server group idea because I want to get to know the people on my server and I want them held accountable for their actions while in a group with me. So hopefully there is a cross server block function to go along with this.

Like the directer said: he has found a semblance of confidence in "grey". Not black but not white. So addons may be restricted so ps3 players aren't somehow worse off and they already said the AH would be something using what they currently have; to create a new pseudo-AH.

I love snails.
    I love every kinda snail.
    I just want to hug them all, but I cant.
    Cant hug every snail.