Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOE showing their incompetence

2»

Comments

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Yep... I tried to log in at a couple different times over the weekend.  Got "servers are down", and an indefinite hang the second time.

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440

SOE showing thier incompetence is nothing new. They have been doing it for years now and I am sure they will keep it up for years to come. I have had it take 10 days to get a petition response from these people before. They are bad at everything they do.

Everquest Next has my attention but the fact that it is SOE I just might pass because they will certainly ruin it.

• uohaloranuohaloran Member Posts: 811

I would've expected a bit of foresight from a developer and publisher who has been around as long as SOE has.  I didn't expect it from SOE, though.

• 8BitAvatar8BitAvatar Member Posts: 196

I've experienced this with SOE before, but I'm pretty indifferent this time around as I'm playing DCUO for free.

I can understand it being frustrating for a paying customer though...

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

Originally posted by Purutzil

Hello SoE, what a surprise.

Seriously though, in terms of servers its to be expected. Buying new servers that are just going to be empty again soon is a bad idea, so honestly in terms of queue you can't really make to much judgement on that. Its realistic to expect they won't be putting on tons of servers that will pretty much be a 'waste of money' in a few months. That being said, from what I've seen they should of done more for addressing that issue. The fact sub accounts aren't being given priority is a bit of a stupid idea. Why sub if your going to have to wait in queue like everyone else? You want loyal customers to be able to get through to the game, otherwise why even bother paying?

You can rent hardware. Tons of companies do it. Get new hardware, clone the existing server(s) onto the new one(s), change the few needed network settings, sorted. Done in one night.

Once you don't need the hardware any longer, you stop renting it.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by Archeminos

Oh, by all means, elabortate on this one

He got an issue, contacts support. Then does not wait for support to reply and decides to fix an issue on his own. Fix does not work and call out company for being incompetent..? Like..seriously?

2nd time the same problem. 1st time it took them 2 days to fix it. An other CS ticket I posted is not 4 days old and all I had was a "We're busy but won't forget you" reply on it. Now with the new (same) problem, I had to reopen the old ticket and looking at the one that's already 4-days on wait, I'm sure it'll take at least that time for CS to pick the account-issue ticket up again.

SO YEAH - SERIOUSLY

• games72games72 Member Posts: 31

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure there is only 1 server actually, and the PVE / PVP option you get when Catwoman is looking at you on the character creation screen is only regarding the option to be flagged pvp.  That doesn't really affect this post but thought I'd throw it out there for an fyi.

I hate to sound like an apologist because I've been Legendary and hit with a lot of similar issues as you mentioned, but after considering everything I do believe SOE was in uncharted waters here.  I don't think we can really compare their F2P launch to CO, CoH, or even LOTR because I believe the DC name goes beyond any of those in popularity - and they've been advertising and marketing.  A relative of mine who doesn't play games at all asked me the other day if I was going to play DC online and I was like "What? you KNOW about that game?"

This game still has a lot going for it, mainly the fact that it is DC, it is actually a lot of fun to play, and the free model is better than the other hero games out there, imo.  I am one who canceled my subscription this weekend to avoid getting charged on Nov 4 because I was mad about the issues and will not pay to hang on a loading screen.  However, after playing CO for awhile I am willing to wait it out on DC and re-up when they get things fixed.  As a comic fan, it's just too fun working with the Joker and causing all kinds of trouble for those annoying do-gooders running around Gotham, or playing AS the Joker in legends PVP