Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I activate aoc forum access?

panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397
Hi just subbed to aoc, thought I'd activated my forum account still no access.... How do I activate it plz?

Pan

Comments

• Destiny2010Destiny2010 Member UncommonPosts: 327

Hmm, I seem to remember something here. Go to your account settings, because the account login is not the forum login. The forum login is set in account settings. Also allow some time to pass between setting and function, but it should be pretty quick.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

When I go into my regular account at https://register.ageofconan.com/account , there is a line called Setup My Forum Account. My settings are in there. 

Edit: I am a US account thou. 

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397
    Aye done that Cat' mate still no joy, right pain in the arse heh!

Pan

• LuckyDuckyLuckyDucky Member UncommonPosts: 268

I had this same problem getting on the forums. I did everything I could see to do as far as having all the ducks aligned on my end. Finally I sent them  an email asking how to access   the forum after subbing. It took several days, and I don't remember ever getting a response from Funcom about it, but one day I was able to post.

"The Pen Is Mightier Than The Demo"

• fallenlordsfallenlords Member UncommonPosts: 683

When you say you subbed, have you paid any money or just reactivated/created an account?  I have a feeling forum access may be limited to paying/premium members (whatever they call it).  Though I don't know for sure I have been banned from the forum.

• LuckyDuckyLuckyDucky Member UncommonPosts: 268

Originally posted by fallenlords

When you say you subbed, have you paid any money or just reactivated/created an account?  I have a feeling forum access may be limited to paying/premium members (whatever they call it).  Though I don't know for sure I have been banned from the forum.

Yes forum access is for paying  players only. As long as you have a current subscription you can post on the AoC boards. If you let your subscription expire your posting privileges will be suspended.

"The Pen Is Mightier Than The Demo"

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397
    Yes I have subscribed to Aoc.... I have tried setting forum access to same log in name and password for forums with no success. Also used different log in name and password for forums....still no joy :(

Pan

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

I remember having this problem. I messed around with it for a long time until I gave up.. Few days later it just worked..

• fallenlordsfallenlords Member UncommonPosts: 683

Originally posted by panache

Yes I have subscribed to Aoc.... I have tried setting forum access to same log in name and password for forums with no success. Also used different log in name and password for forums....still no joy :(

On the account management page under Help is 'Contact Customer Service'.  If you select that option you get a simple form to complete.   I would just log a support call if you haven't already.   Just make sure you are trying to connect the right forum, as they have two one for the US and one for the EU. Forum logins as far as I know are not interchangeable between the two sites.