Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Sci-Fi MMOFPS 'Repulse' Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Aeria Games has announced that closed beta applications are now being accepted for its upcoming sci-fi first-person shooter, Repulse. Humanity has moved to a nearby planet that is, unfortunately, inhabited by less than friendly creatures.

• Change Class During Battle – Switch freely between the Sniper, Engineer and Assault class as you wait to re-spawn in battle.

• Thrilling Game Modes – Engage in 16-player death matches, destroy your opponents’ bases in demolition missions, stave off player-controlled alien hordes, or test your mettle in fast-paced capture the flag (CTF) missions.

• Twitch-Based Combat – Tacticalstrategy and a fast reaction time are key to your victory, soldier. Calibrate your combat maneuvers with high-tech weaponry and powerful gear.

• Tons of Gear – Experiment with numerous types of weapons, armor, and ultramodern equipment. Special equipment grants you unique abilities.

Find out more about the game and sign up for the closed beta on the Repulse site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Didn't know 16 player deathmatches qualified for MMO in FPS games...

Ahwell PlanetSide 2 is closer every passing day...

• MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289

Originally posted by tom_gore

Agreed

This is just another fps just like hedone is not an mmofps. Does the mmorpg staff not investigate these games at all before posting?

• robprinsrobprins Member UncommonPosts: 16

exactly what i thought!

is it so important these days to be called a mmo that any multiplayer game wants to be called one?

• SharookSharook Member Posts: 72

Originally posted by tom_gore

This for starters.

From the description it sounds pretty much like Tribes Ascend Online which i enjoyed in CB yesterday :-D

Only that the latter has 10+ classes and vehicles, a fanbase a cult status etc.

And with PS2 coming and mech warrior online down the road, this game better offers some heavy sh1t of innovational features, which where not apparent from the CGI trailer or the short desciption above

• raykorraykor Member UncommonPosts: 326

I have to agree with the posters above...please stop parroting every press release you receive when five minutes of research will make it obvious that this is not an MMOG by any stretch of the definition.  Take a little pride in your role as one of the top news sites for this genre.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

At least the name is accurate, as Aeriagames certainly does 'Repulse' me. image

• gorillaz951gorillaz951 Member Posts: 160

Meh...

Looks like the numerous amount of "Halo-wannabes" out there already, except it's being marketed as a third-rate MMO.

Currently playing: Star Wars: The Old Republic, World of Warcraft, Dota 2, League of Legends

Waiting on: Blade & Soul, Guild Wars 2, Tera, Kingdoms of Amular, Firefall

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

Man....

i wonder how much money they blew making that teaser trailer.

also doesnt help that they are overly late for the ( MMOFPS BUT 16 player death match only ) party

• guy232guy232 Member UncommonPosts: 350

Is MMORPG.COM the new wikipedia?  Is it really that hard to  review  an article before posting it?   It seems like it is  because  a source engine  CS clone is not, nor will it ever be an MMO. 

It..Burns..

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

16 player deathmatch, not even getting a look from me.  As far as an FPS, I need 32 minimum.  I like the bigger stuff, 7 other people on my team is not going to cut it.  I am not faulting MMORPG.com here, but really, Aeria Games needs to reconsider calling this game an MMOFPS.  It's a first person shooter, with multiplayer deathmatch and co-op.  Planetside is a MMOFPS, not this.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Aeria picks up the worst crap games.  I often wonder how they stay in business.  I have stopped trying their games as I have yet to find one that is remotely worth playing.