Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They have a company now...

It seems like all the interest the engine has gathered on the internet found the developer an investor.  He has a company and is now hiring.  Which is awesome for us because Infinity is still being developed and called  a MMO on the company website. 

Hopfully we will see it in the next couple years.

Comments

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

That's great news.  I've been interested in this game for quite a while, so hope to see it become a reality at some point.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

Great news. A friend toled me about Infinity, and it realy looks promesing! Hope they succeed

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

I've followed for a long while, I'm still hopeful.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• CopenhagenCopenhagen Member UncommonPosts: 57

I was told about this game about a month ago from some friends online.  The concept sounds like everything I've been longing for in a "Space Themed" Sci-Fi MMO.   I mean Eve Online is great, but lacks a lot of PvE adventure that I desire.

If this game ever gets off the Ground and makes a release some day, I'll certainly try it out.

• hardsun79hardsun79 Member UncommonPosts: 66

Infinity engine + Shores of hazeron gameplay  with some tweaks - thats what i could call EVE-online 2 :D

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

well, although i know i wont be longer waiting for this game, but i am still interested to see this game release ( even if it's 2014 or whatever )

So What Now?

• CacophanistCacophanist Member Posts: 100

I wish there was some push on this development. It sounds like the ideal game.

• KhorsKhors Member Posts: 147

I've had this game book-marked for a long time.  Would be great to see its' development progress.

• NorpanNorpan Member CommonPosts: 319

Finally this game can get going once again. Looking forward to it´s release.

• legendsololegendsolo Member UncommonPosts: 81

wish this game the best, looks so interesting!

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Originally posted by shadylurker

It seems like all the interest the engine has gathered on the internet found the developer an investor.  He has a company and is now hiring.  Which is awesome for us because Infinity is still being developed and called  a MMO on the company website. 

Hopfully we will see it in the next couple years.

I'm not holding my breath.   I've been following this game since I heard about it on one of the last functioning Elite forums back in 2004, 2005 or 2006...   It was that long ago that I don't even remember what year...   

It's gone nowhere, though he's re-done the engine two or three times now...

Anyway...    I still have his site bookmarked.   I check every three months.  Virtually nothing changes.  

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

PCGamer did a 2012 watch list and the mmo section looked sorta thin on the ground of good titles (aside from GW2/PS2) but this could shoot up the hype list if more & positive info comes out.

Plenty of "Elite-searching" players out there!

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

I didnt know the dev had stopped work on it..glad to see him back on track

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin