Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion download 2000+ hours?!?!

GoerillaGoerilla Member Posts: 91

I'm trying to download the free trial right now and it says i have to wait 2100 hours at the moment. My computer has pretty good specs but not a good internet connection. Even so, how is it THIS slow? 

Comments

• SeneriusSenerius Member UncommonPosts: 76

Are you sure it is not 21:00hs?

We all can only be who we are Nothing more nothing less.

• GoerillaGoerilla Member Posts: 91

It says 2315:58 

• ttracerttracer Member UncommonPosts: 4

thats your connection for sure  try reconnecting could be your isp slowing it down seeing as a torret download its prob around 10gig file so it your speed is on the low end it will take hours 

• SeneriusSenerius Member UncommonPosts: 76

wow what is your internet speed cause even on like a 1.5m it takes less then 24h's.

We all can only be who we are Nothing more nothing less.

• EverSkellyEverSkelly Member UncommonPosts: 341

That's interesting news mate, keep us updated every hour.

mines 1.5

• ttracerttracer Member UncommonPosts: 4

what dose it say for download speed

150 KBs/sec

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

It takes me like 3 hours...

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• gaugemewgaugemew Member Posts: 158

at 150 a sec the math is wrong.  It shouldn't take that long to finish.  It will take a very long time, but not 2000 hours lol

• farfanugonfarfanugon Member Posts: 419

I dont see what the big deal is a 3 month long download isnt that bad .....

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

Originally posted by ttracer

thats your connection for sure  try reconnecting

^ this

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Is this game fun?

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by Goerilla

Is this game fun?

Do you enjoy Player vs Player combat?

If the answer is yes, then yes, the game is quite entertaining. If you are looking for a solid PVE experience you might want to look elsewhere.

Aion has decent PVE, but there are better games if that is your thing.

I've never played an mmorpg except for maplestory. I'm downloading it because the graphics look fairy like and cool. But if it's too much work I might just stop in the future.

• dannydeucedannydeuce Member Posts: 310

Thats absurdly funny.  The game is ok by the way. 

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

I've never played an mmorpg except for maplestory. I'm downloading it because the graphics look fairy like and cool. But if it's too much work I might just stop in the future.

Aion might be abit much for a new MMORPG player.

It has a very long leveling process, and can be quite unforgiving on players who are not into PvP gameplay. For the first 25 levels or so it will be tolerable, because there is no open world pvp at that point, but after that you might find that it isn't your cup of tea, or alternatively you might discover that you really enjoy fighting other players.

Best bet is to just check it out and judge for yourself :)

Will do. How does the feel of the game compare to maplestory?

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

Aion is a good game, among the best on the market for now.

If your coming from maple story, i would suggest you try dragon nest instead. 

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

Was going to recomend a few games but im scared to now......

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880

{mod edit}

I dont think he was making fun of you by sudjesting Dragons Nest. Have a look http://dragonnest.nexon.net/

I saw some vids on YouTube and it looks pretty cool, shoot I'm DL it right now, lol

• Lord_AthonLord_Athon Member UncommonPosts: 165

There's no doubt that AION is pretty cool mmorpg. Awsome graphics, nice action, diversity of gaming (solo/group), nice pve, great pvp, but poor rng. The community was bad in the begining, but now, after 2 years it's ok, the mentor system helps a lot. The 3.0 patch (will come next year for EU/US) will change a lot of this great game in every aspects, for better. So, my advice is try it. If you like close combat, start with a gladiator, on a caster get a sorcerer. Try the crafting. Then you will know.

About Aion 3.0

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4527845#4527845

• MmoSwanMmoSwan Member Posts: 134

Originally posted by channel84

Aion is a good game, among the best on the market for now.

If your coming from maple story, i would suggest you try dragon nest instead. 

Aion could be a good game. But it fails on many aspects:

- everything (i mean EVERYTHING) is ruled by RNG

- tons of hacks working since open beta and there's no way to get the people using them banned, ofc ncsoft denies to fix them as well

- hardly any end game content

It still shines on:

- PVP (if you had enough luck when gearing up OR if you are an OP sorc - and dont mind a lot of randomness in pvp)

- Character customisation

- Emotes

|| Languages for gamers: http://gamerslingo.com
    /where God
    ERROR: Target could not be found
    /target Believer
    /skill science
    You missed your target since Believer ignores science
    /skill logic
    You missed your target since Believer traded all his INT for faith.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Originally posted by lordathon

There's no doubt that AION is pretty cool mmorpg. Awsome graphics, nice action, diversity of gaming (solo/group), nice pve, great pvp, but poor rng. The community was bad in the begining, but now, after 2 years it's ok, the mentor system helps a lot. The 3.0 patch (will come next year for EU/US) will change a lot of this great game in every aspects, for better. So, my advice is try it. If you like close combat, start with a gladiator, on a caster get a sorcerer. Try the crafting. Then you will know.

About Aion 3.0

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4527845#4527845

I played the game a couple of times because it was pretty polished, combat was nice, the graphics are so so ( to pale and washed out for me ) but what drove me away everytime was the the character models (male drag queens) and the general fruity-ness of the NPC's and game world.  I always felt like I had passed into a world scripted by a group of hollywood hair dressers.  I just couldnt take it.  I need a little grit with my game, everyone just looked to dressed for the ballroom but out killing things? huh?

I hate to bring it up but the Eastern style character design, manorisms,, costumes and "pretty" armor just dont work for a red blooded american like myself.  I also didnt grow up on pokemon, anime and hellokitty.

• DurrayDurray Member UncommonPosts: 182

Originally posted by snapfusion

I hate to bring it up but the Eastern style character design, manorisms,, costumes and "pretty" armor just dont work for a red blooded american like myself.  I also didnt grow up on pokemon, anime and hellokitty.

This is wrong on so many levels. Phrases like "red blooded american" (which frankly I would view as detrimental) and comparing all eastern gaming/anime culture to pokemon and hellokitty is frankly about as ill informed (and downright insulting) as you can get. Though from some "red blooded american" what do you expect really. I have met some great american gamers in my time that break the American stereotype, but you sir, don’t just personify it you wear it like an absurd badge of pride.

Congratulations