Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Tanks: Those Sneaky Stealth Tanks

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Wargaming.net has announced v7.0 for World of Tanks will be deployed soon with several notable new features including the arrival of "stealth tanks".

Tank commanders will be able to take advantage of special camouflage skins that will match the battlefields on which the tank sits. In addition to the new skins, players will also have two new maps to explore in v7.0 and clans will have the ability to display the group logo on members' tanks.

Find out more about World of Tanks.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• finnmacool1finnmacool1 Member Posts: 453

There already are stealth tanks. The horrid spotting system routinely allows tanks to move and shoot without ever showing up, not to mention disappear in the middle of an exchange at 50m.

• unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462

Explain to me how 'stealth skins' will work when everyone uses a custom skin mod program.

• GrahorGrahor Member Posts: 828

This is of course purely cosmetic. Most people use the modded skins anyway.

"Disappearing tanks" is a feature, not a bug. Game mechanics explain precisely why and how tanks disappear from view. You may disagree with mechanics, but don't call it "bug". Some limitations are inherent in the engine (like 5-second cycles between refreshing the mechanics of discovery/observation), but they aren't significant enough to call "bugs".

• RykerRyker Member UncommonPosts: 207

Stealth doesnt work the way it should now, i had a lowe cross a field drive up to me withing 20 yards and shoot me me before he showed up. Hate to see it when this comes out lol.

• GrahorGrahor Member Posts: 828

That may depend on your ping. If your ping is 100+, problems may arise. Sometimes it takes 2-3 seconds for a tank to appear if it moves outside of cover (those 5-seconds refresh cycles). Heavy growth may significantly lower visibility and allow one side with a better "vision" pound the other side from invisibility - but that's a feature. That's wad.

In the last 1000 games I've played there was not a one "buggy" situation. Visibility rules were working as designed. My ping is 40.

P. S. if you had a growth in front of your nose, but not close enough to be see-through, between you and lowe, than the whole enemy team could dance on that field and not be seen by you. But, of course, you couldn't make such a noob mistake in choosing your position.

• sidfusidfu Member Posts: 170

the spotting system is all screwed up it just randomly uses your commanders skill to see.for example i had a 80% skill crew yet they wouldnt see wortha  crap on a flat map past 100m even thou the at that skill lvl they should be seing a constant 400m unless the other tank is in a bush. they realy need to redo the siting system then they get alot of people like me that left due to it.

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

Originally posted by finnmacool1

There already are stealth tanks. The horrid spotting system routinely allows tanks to move and shoot without ever showing up, not to mention disappear in the middle of an exchange at 50m.

With this game everything is a "feature", as intended - you just haven't paid enough for it to work correctly. Always need to remember - gotta pay to win!

• DojenDojen Member UncommonPosts: 134

Too bad they will highlight in red when you mouse over them. The Russian company that owns this game is a money grubbing crook anyway.

• ChiremChirem Member Posts: 5

two new maps... great but we want the new tanks