Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free To Play Is.....

13»

Comments

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

Damn... I kinda hoped I could play in the char creator before sleep.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by BTrayaL

Damn... I kinda hoped I could play in the char creator before sleep.

Just for the heck of it I tried launching the game same thing you got, invalid sub.. So maybe DCUO F2P starts on Nov 2nd lol.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Disconected

Invalid subscription

Please exit the game and relaunch

NOT a good first impression!

same :/

• NerfmehNerfmeh Member UncommonPosts: 36

Can i somehow download the client while the page is down ?

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Originally posted by Zzad

Disconected

Invalid subscription

Please exit the game and relaunch

NOT a good first impression!

same :/

Well on the bright side you can buy a restyled joker in the shop... oh wait that is not up yet either.. =p

We have to hang in there i guess and keep spamming the servers (when they launch it will most likley MELT the servers.

This have been a good conversation

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081

Well its switched from invalid sub to All world servers down for maintenance.... progress lol.

No signature, I don't have a pen

• NerfmehNerfmeh Member UncommonPosts: 36

Originally posted by Hoolilol

Can i somehow download the client while the page is down ?

Nvm guys i found it , btw is the download going slow for someone else or its just me ?

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

I am so glad I cancelled my pre-order in this game before it went live, but being free-to-play might have some merit. 

So, is there anything massively-multiplayer open-world, community-emphasised, organic faction vs faction game-play about it now?

• azucarazucar Member Posts: 20

SO on the SOE status page it says servers are up but on the ps3 it says down for maintenance. anyone in game o nthe ps3?

and also i have to say when $OE says oct. bet on nov. 

When $oe says The 1st bet on the 2nd.

WTF

• moguy1moguy1 Member UncommonPosts: 134

Originally posted by ZeTaKa

WTF is thinking SOE without make a download link for the client. Tomorrow all will try to download the client and will be a adsolute chaos. How a company like SOE can be so n00b with things like this?

Theres a link to download it. I mean, you looked for it right or did you want me to link it for you? It took me all of 12 seconds to get it. You knew that right? /facepalm

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Well sadly I knew this was the fate of DCUO about two weeks prior to launch. I even made a post about it got flamed all to hell for it. Oh well, I hope for those of you who do play the FTP version that you have a good time.

Personally I'm not going to waste my time with it. While the combat was fun the rest of the game felt substandard to me. I for one am done rewarding SOE for their own terrible decisions.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by Tardcore

Well sadly I knew this was the fate of DCUO about two weeks prior to launch. I even made a post about it got flamed all to hell for it. 

Because you bear the SWTOR signature, people will immediately see you as a troll, no matter how intelligent your post will be

Thats why I took mine down, beacuse it was GW2 and SWTOR together.........nothing can be more trollish than that.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by xKingdomx

Well sadly I knew this was the fate of DCUO about two weeks prior to launch. I even made a post about it got flamed all to hell for it. 

Because you bear the SWTOR signature, people will immediately see you as a troll, no matter how intelligent your post will be

Thats why I took mine down, beacuse it was GW2 and SWTOR together.........nothing can be more trollish than that.

Which is a bit hilarious as my sig is satirizing Biowares December 20th release date as ruining Christmas. (because Santa will be too busy playing Huttball to feel like delivering presents, thats why)

And frankly, I couldn't give a f*ck how people view me. If someone is immature enough to ignore what I have to say, over what I choose to put in my own sig, the they are certainly not the kind of people whos opinions or feelings I'm going to be concered with anyway.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

So is the game up and running now?  I have been trying to get on all day and the server was down.

Lucky for me I still had my hard copy and I updated the 6 gig update before it went f2p.

The gameplay was fun for the 2 months I played but grew tired of my computer not being able to handle the game, but now with my new computer im excited to see all the action (granted we get a lot of people playing now)

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• azucarazucar Member Posts: 20

nope its still down.. i guess they ment to say f2p on NOV.2

Which is a bit hilarious as my sig is satirizing Biowares December 20th release date as ruining Christmas. (because Santa will be too busy playing Huttball to feel like delivering presents, thats why)

And frankly, I couldn't give a f*ck how people view me. If someone is immature enough to ignore what I have to say, over what I choose to put in my own sig, the they are certainly not the kind of people whos opinions or feelings I'm going to be concered with anyway.

but Santa can easily hit level cap in 4 days with its Santy Powers xD

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

I have to say that the char creator is dissapointing, below Champions Online. Way below it!

The gameplay though, is pretty nice. Not extraordinary, but something new to chew out of boredom.

• games72games72 Member Posts: 31

Yeah, for anyone coming from CO or CoH the character creator is terrible - BUT, I will say that costumes are looted and rewarded as you play more like traditional fantasy games. 

For example, I wanted a tech hero with a suit of armor and the initial creator is terrible for it, but, once I was past the tutorial I found a cool set of gloves that looked like they had blasters on them right away off a vendor, then a few other pieces as I quested. 

The color pallette (only 3 colors allowed on your character) stinks though and the body size and look is more fixed like WoW than on par with the other superhero games, sadly. 

IMO for a PC player the draw is the DC Universe more than anything.  I've played on and off since launch and it's always fun for awhile until I realize there's hardly anyone around to group with or just hang out, help, or whatever.  The single player tuturial kinda gives you a clue, compared to say the Champions tutorial where you're thrown in with other players (as it should be). 

Maybe FTP will give the game life...

*edited for clarity

Originally posted by games72

Yeah, for anyone coming from CO or CoH the character creator is terrible - BUT, I will say that costumes are looted and rewarded as you play more like traditional fantasy games. 

For example, I wanted a tech hero with a suit of armor and the initial creator is terrible for it, but, once I was past the tutorial I found a cool set of gloves that looked like they had blasters on them right away off a vendor, then a few other pieces as I quested. 

The color pallette (only 3 colors allowed on your character) stinks though and the body size and look is more fixed like WoW than on par with the other superhero games, sadly. 

IMO for a PC player the draw is the DC Universe more than anything.  I've played on and off since launch and it's always fun for awhile until I realize there's hardly anyone around to group with or just hang out, help, or whatever.  The single player tuturial kinda gives you a clue, compared to say the Champions tutorial where you're thrown in with other players (as it should be). 

Maybe FTP will give the game life...

*edited for clarity

Yea one thing people didn't realise is the looting costumes, you eventually get more and more options, and you can constantly change your costumes and colour pallette as you play, which is something CO and CoH can't do?

Hopefully they can extend the customisation to power colours and that will be great, and possilby body customisation as well (but since this is a physics based game, having differnt body sizes is extremely dificult I guess.

One thing I didn't like is actually the costume looks at times, so I have these two swords behind my back, but I can't use them, I wish they provide some sort of alternate attack to the characters, and the skill design needs more variety

oh and to people who plays 5 hour+ per day, be prepare to hit cap in less than a week.....the ride is fun, but often too short.

I still stand on this game needing dynamic events, villains don't just stay at one spot and walk around, pretty sure they are smarter than  a boar or wolf to attack outside and other places.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

DCUO just showed up on Steam's Free to Play section.  Never once thought about trying it, but for some odd reason I may try it now.  Damn you Steam.

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677

28G download is a bummer 

• rykim86rykim86 Member Posts: 236

Originally posted by micona

28G download is a bummer 

Download should be half that.  And even then, I can understand the concern with people with capped monthly bandwidth.

But if you're legitimately whining about the file size on disk...isn't it like 20cents/gigabyte nowadays?  Is someone really going to bring that up?

28G download is a bummer 

Isn't that SWTOR not DCUO?

my download was only 12 GB I think

• TirinasTirinas Member Posts: 117

28G download is a bummer 

afaik it's 14 gb, maybe he's trying to download the blue ray disc for the ps 3 version ? :P

Also, bandwidt aside, i don't get why people are so bummed about the file size when you can leave it on over night or even pause and resume the next day if need be.

Originally posted by Tirinas

28G download is a bummer 

afaik it's 14 gb, maybe he's trying to download the blue ray disc for the ps 3 version ? :P

Also, bandwidt aside, i don't get why people are so bummed about the file size when you can leave it on over night or even pause and resume the next day if need be.

If anyone is going to pause for download, I suggest using steam to download the game then, better server = better download speed, also it has a proper supported pause button, there were problems before with DCUO client unable to resume downloading and have to restart.