Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Pandaren Monk Impressions

124»

Comments

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

Originally posted by XiThRyL

Originally posted by Corehaven

Originally posted by Elidien

MoP seems kinda silly, but it is shaping up to be a great contribution to WoW, and MMOs...

How is it shaping up to be a great addition to mmos exactly?

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• KahPaoKahPao Member UncommonPosts: 18

Originally posted by precious328

Originally posted by TookyG

The Pandaren existed before Kung Fu Panda.  Why all this hate for that race?  If I had to guess I'd say a lot of the hate is bandwagon crap.

That has nothing to do with it.

The fact of the matter is this: If I wanted to get my mom to play, I would show her the Panda race.

That's where many have it all wrong about the actual people that play ( PLAYED ) Wow.  

I'm a 47 year old Mom.   I had played WoW for 5 years and completed all content with my guild until Firelands when the guild broke up.    Last month I unsubbed - permanently this time.   

I read this about the Pandaran race and thought it was a joke.    There is no way I would be interested in leveling this race.    It's just too ... well... not for me. 

Blizzard has no clue who their catering to any longer. They're grabbing at straws to try to make up for all they have lost with older veteran players leaving the game.  

The generation gaps are showing and the new 12 year old players will be all over this next content. 

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

The have a roll system now?  And an Asian theme?  Why does Blizzard "innovate" with old ideas?  Looks like I'll FINALLY be freeing up that 30+ gigs of hard drive space.  There's no way I'd go back now.  By the time they're through messing around with their panda race, GW2 will be out and have my full attention and I won't be desperate enough to play this shit.

• czekoskwigelczekoskwigel Member Posts: 458

Originally posted by KahPao

Originally posted by precious328

The Pandaren existed before Kung Fu Panda.  Why all this hate for that race?  If I had to guess I'd say a lot of the hate is bandwagon crap.

That has nothing to do with it.

The fact of the matter is this: If I wanted to get my mom to play, I would show her the Panda race.

That's where many have it all wrong about the actual people that play ( PLAYED ) Wow.  

I'm a 47 year old Mom.   I had played WoW for 5 years and completed all content with my guild until Firelands when the guild broke up.    Last month I unsubbed - permanently this time.   

I read this about the Pandaran race and thought it was a joke.    There is no way I would be interested in leveling this race.    It's just too ... well... not for me. 

Blizzard has no clue who their catering to any longer. They're grabbing at straws to try to make up for all they have lost with older veteran players leaving the game.  

The generation gaps are showing and the new 12 year old players will be all over this next content. 

Like it or not, Blizzard knows it's audience.  Sure, you obviously think you know better, but no other MMO has ever had the audience they have had, and no one will ever come close.

You can hate Avatar (i liked it) or Titanic(couldn't stand it), but James Cameron is the MAN when it comes to hitting his target audience.  Blizzard does the same thing.

• OlgarkOlgark Member UncommonPosts: 342

Stopped playing this game when I realized there are better MMO's out there.

• KahPaoKahPao Member UncommonPosts: 18

"Like it or not, Blizzard knows it's audience.  Sure, you obviously think you know better, but no other MMO has ever had the audience they have had, and no one will ever come close.

You can hate Avatar (i liked it) or Titanic(couldn't stand it), but James Cameron is the MAN when it comes to hitting his target audience.  Blizzard does the same thing."

This may be true,, but to a degree.  However,  like all wonderful things, even relationships with your game of choice, must come to an end.    

My ride with Blizzard and WoW is over and I personally wish they would have introduced something that made me want to come back.    I miss the friends I played the game with, I miss the social aspect and teamwork I experienced at one time in WoW.    I seriously was a Blizz FanGirl.   Even went to Blizz Con for years, though not this year. 

Now, I play Black Ops with my 15 yr old son and dabble in Eq2.  I'm just waiting for a new MMO experience that speaks to me and has a decent community.   GW2 and SWToR are my hopes for interest.

Hey,  I love panda's !  But I don't want to be one in a game.  :-)   

If Blizz really knew its audience that well , Cata never would have happened in the way that it did -- They cannot backpeddle enough.   My server of 8k pop , died because of it .. and my new server of 15k is miserable.    I feel sad that Blizz made the errors that they have made and maybe someone will enjoy the new Panda Experience.    It won't be me or my family or my former guild. 

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

Naw, its MMORPG.com.  WoW hate central.  But SHH don't say anything you get introuble!

• SkuldinSkuldin Member Posts: 79

You realize 'Wow-Hate Central' is from people like me that have played this game since freakin BETA in 2003 and have paid Blizzard hundreds of dollars per person? I have bought every expansion to date, i have played so many hours I could be a fricking Doctor if I had put that time into school and I'm telling you Blizzard has jumped the shark. 

I want serious in my games, D3 may be it, SWTOR may be it or GW2 or all 3 may be it, but pandas, goblins and dic$ jokes in the desert talking about the rod of stars or whatever are not it.  I want a saga, a movie like experience i know a TON of people out there like me.  I want consequences to actions and a feeling of community.  WoW has become Guild Wars 1 where you can log in and never set foot outside your home city and just queue queue queue for dungeons/BGs/raids till your hearts are content.  It made the world very tiny and made exploring pointless. 

If that's 'progression' in MMOs then perhaps this genre has passed my old a$$ by.  I feel sorry for people that didnt play  EQ1, DAOC or even Classic WoW they'll never understand the draw of exploring and traveling to a dungeon or the fear of losing gear or at least XP or hell like old WoW hard to obtain gold.  So dont start this tripe about us 'wow-haters' because for the most part we are people that are disenfranchised with a once proud game.  Ask Netflix what it means to mis the target on your audience and what they want. 

Thirty years of gaming experience...not sure if I should be proud of that
    www.mmoexaminer.blogspot.com

• BreaghaBreagha Member Posts: 131
    When I first saw this, I got confused. I dunno why, but all of a sudden, I had this surreal feeling that we were back in April.

"So I contend that the player stories will always be more powerful than the scripted stories that we try to tell the players."

- Will Wright

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by Kanester

When I 1st seen the Panda's I thought "What a load of pants". After seeing some of the game play they look pretty cool. You would never think by looking, this game is almost 9 years old.

Altho I don't play anymore I still think it's the only game worth subbin to.

You're right, you wouldn't because the game is only 7 years old.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by Painlezz

Naw, its MMORPG.com.  WoW hate central.  But SHH don't say anything you get introuble!

People have given perfectly good and logical reasons why they don't like what this expansion presents.  You've either chosen not to acknowledge those reasons or simply not to read them.  It's not all about the pandas, it's the entire expansion, the talent point system, the pet battles, really (for me) all of it except the monk class is a fail to please.

Just because you don't LIKE the negative opinions doesn't make them less valid than YOUR opinion.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Originally posted by just1opinion

Originally posted by Kanester

When I 1st seen the Panda's I thought "What a load of pants". After seeing some of the game play they look pretty cool. You would never think by looking, this game is almost 9 years old.

Altho I don't play anymore I still think it's the only game worth subbin to.

You're right, you wouldn't because the game is only 7 years old.

By release date, yes. The game was announced on September 2, 2001 so...I guess the game itself, the engine, the whole shebang is just as old if not older than 7 years (parts of the graphics engine originally used in Warcraft III).

So for a 7+ year old game yes, it doesn't look as bad as people say. 

• GrrlGrrl Member UncommonPosts: 354

I concur. Obviously they've never read the books :) 

• AneovaAneova Member UncommonPosts: 14

Just gonna say... Everquest 2 did it first, and did it better. Anyone and any class can be a panda, grind a bit of faction pick a clicky (4 different panda looks), unlimited charges and you too can be Kung Fu Fighting. Monks and Bruisers were in on Day 1 :P

• jlbombajlbomba Member Posts: 17

i have been playing wow since creation and they are always coming up with something new to keep it from getting boring.  Kung Fu panda sounds like fun.  keep up the good work blizzard.

• OlgarkOlgark Member UncommonPosts: 342

I love the monk classes in RPG's but a panda ermm no thanks what is this is a disney film or something ?

Originally posted by Olgark

Stopped playing this game when I realized there are better MMO's out there.

i have played them all and wow is the best of the best. the new stuff goes free to play because it is worthless.  what you get is tons of kiddys in free to play.  just one of the reasons i don't play LOTRO, Guild Wars, Conan , or D&D. blizzard is always adding new content to make and keep it interesting.

name the better games, so far i havn't found any