Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Curious... which of these online games will you play next?

gameshogungameshogun Member UncommonPosts: 105

Great titles are coming up and they all seem too great to be true, to decide more likely than not, we will try to play each of these games to decide ourselves which one we will dedicate our time next.

This is a poll of selected games only from those who already developed online games before and from those titles that are popular then and/or till now.

I may missed some or a lot the list will be base on what I have so far gathered or was updated to or I really know more about.

Thank you.

Comments

• kmimmorpgkmimmorpg Member Posts: 624
    Actually I'd like to try all of those on that list, except maybe the Warhammer one. 
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    I will try all of them (except Startrek), but the one i am really looking forward is Vanguard, obviously.........image

• BlizzagenBlizzagen Member Posts: 167

I definitely want to try Vanguard, its looking great. Tabula Rasa, I will keep my eye on, and the same can be said for Imperator, although I'm a little wary of it.

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    imageAnything with PvP.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Hmmm tough call...
    I will definitely try Vanguard since it will more than likely be on the SOE All Access Pass but other than that I might give Imperator or Star Trek Online a try. The only way I will try either D&D or LOTR is if Turbine offers free trials of them after release. Honestly I'm not even interested in beta testing them. I love LOTR and I've been playing D&D and AD&D since the 70's.... but Turbine hasn't exactly got a stellar track record and I just don't see how they'll make either of those titles live up to the expectations of the fans.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• VotanVotan Member UncommonPosts: 291

Warhammer Online ""Our goal for this first of what we hope will be many Warhammer-based games is to create the single-greatest RvR-based MMORPGs in the industry."

If they get the PVP correct this will be the best of the bunch.  But it is not slated to release until 2007 though.  Mythic is pretty good at releasing stable, as bug free as possible, on schedule game, compared with the rest of the studios.

The other games may be fun for 3-6months but will become the "same old" fast as they really are nothing but EQ/WoW/GW clones with different titles and graphics.  They are only adding to sameness (boring in my opinion) that the MMO market has become.

I had fun with EQ when it was new and completely different than anything I had ever played.  However what I am not looking for is another game like that which is pretty much what Vanguard will be, LoR, has no PVP; and D&D online and from what I have read and seen it is just going to be a glorified Guild Wars with the D&D rule set with a monthly fee with no PVP.

More hack and slash/level treadmill crap sprinkled in with quest instance zones, epic monsters…yea!!!  Have done that in every game since EQimage

If Imperator actually puts PVP in I might try that as well.

• BlizzagenBlizzagen Member Posts: 167

Originally posted by Elnator
    Hmmm tough call...
    I will definitely try Vanguard since it will more than likely be on the SOE All Access Pass but other than that I might give Imperator or Star Trek Online a try. The only way I will try either D&D or LOTR is if Turbine offers free trials of them after release. Honestly I'm not even interested in beta testing them. I love LOTR and I've been playing D&D and AD&D since the 70's.... but Turbine has shown time and again that they're incapable of producing a truely great MMO.

Sorry, but I don't think Vanguard has anything to do with Sony Online Entertainment apart from some of the dev team used to work for them.
    Its being created by Sigil, which includes Brad who helped create EQ, and I believe its being published by Microsoft.

• VotanVotan Member UncommonPosts: 291
    Blizzagen you are correct Vanguard has nothing at all to do with SOE.
  • BelsamethBelsameth Member Posts: 193

Warhammer is from the DAoC devs as well
    which accidently also is the one thing that really scares me about that game
    very much afraid it'll be a DAoC in a Warhammer coating

• sdoughtysdoughty Member Posts: 149

ii voted for imperator, but only cus rf online isnt on the list, cus thats the game im waiting for

Toughest rater in the world
    Try to impress me, please, i dare u

• Swafdawg23Swafdawg23 Member Posts: 390
    Tabula Rasa

gamertag - Swaffle House

• GeneralDoliGeneralDoli Member Posts: 71

I'm waiting for Roma Victor. All others are second or lower.

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787

Roma Victor and Imperator are ones I am looking forward to.

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501
    i voted tabula rasa.. but just because i have faith in Lord British... but i am mostly interested in all of them.... yes, even Lords of the Rings. With that fabled "dynamic quest" stuff going on in which quest results of a person would be somehow be permanent it is surely worth a look

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• JenuvielJenuviel Member Posts: 960

Tabula Rasa of those on the list, but Hero's Journey is the title I'm most interested in overall.

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    Roma Victor, Darkfall, Vanguard, Dark and Light, Hero's Journey....I'll be trying them all and then some. Where I stay depends on where I laugh my ass off the most. Usually that means PvP, but Vanguard might just rise above with pure RPG goodness. I await a challenge...

• JorevJorev Member Posts: 1,500
    Pirates of the Burning Sea

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
    Brad McQuaid
    Chairman & CEO, Sigil Games Online, Inc.
    Executive Producer, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    www.vanguardsoh