Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Social media contests.

bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

MMORPG.COM should stop taking contests which feature contests off their main site. These contests are so annoying, when did you guys start to take on these social media Nazi contests?

By social media Nazi, I am referring to the contests where they make you subscribe to all their media outlets to even participate in the contest. Follow them at twitter, youtube, FB and so on and then comment on it.

This is the most lame contests ever to come across this site. I prefer the good old contests, no participation necessary. I hate the twitter, never use it. FB is socially dumb to me and I am old school. I don't have to participate in these things but I liked to do regular contests in the past on here without participation necessary.

Anyone else hate the social media Nazis?

{mod edit - title, moved to Site Suggestions forum)

Comments

• generals3generals3 Member Posts: 3,307

Originally posted by bezado

MMORPG.COM should stop taking contests which feature contests off their main site. These contests are so annoying, when did you guys start to take on these social media Nazi contests?

By social media Nazi, I am referring to the contests where they make you subscribe to all their media outlets to even participate in the contest. Follow them at twitter, youtube, FB and so on and then comment on it.

This is the most lame contests ever to come across this site. I prefer the good old contests, no participation necessary. I hate the twitter, never use it. FB is socially dumb to me and I am old school. I don't have to participate in these things but I liked to do regular contests in the past on here without participation necessary.

I do as well, but that's mainly because i'm not into social media's and hate feeling forced to join the bandwagon to be apart of anything. It's reaching a point i wished all those social networks burnt in a fire :/

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.
    Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

and God forbid if you enter your email address.  You will be spammed to death too.

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Originally posted by generals3

I do as well, but that's mainly because i'm not into social media's and hate feeling forced to join the bandwagon to be apart of anything. It's reaching a point i wished all those social networks burnt in a fire :/

Yeah me too. I am 32 now, I witnessed the collapse of society over the last 10 years or so ever since texting became really big, followed by myspace. It seems these social outlets have dumb down society to the point of not being able to communicate properly anymore. Teens and young adults in their 20's now days seem really awkward when they have to talk to anyone one on one or talk to you in a professional environment. Soon as nobody is around they pull out the cell and text non stop and post constantly to FB updates. I think we are going down a road to become the dumbest in history socially. I don't care about your friends, your updates or statuses, just shut up about it.

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Originally posted by outfctrl
    and God forbid if you enter your email address.  You will be spammed to death too.

Yeah that sucks. I learned long time ago over the years to use a alternative email and credentials to do things online with having to give your email out. I use a yahoo account for that and it had at one point 3000+ spam messages from just a month of use. They share your email and it goes to a spam bot, it's suppose to be illegal to spam email anyone ever since the law came into effect early 2000's but they still do it.

• Vato26Vato26 Member Posts: 3,930

Yeah that sucks. I learned long time ago over the years to use a alternative email and credentials to do things online with having to give your email out. I use a yahoo account for that and it had at one point 3000+ spam messages from just a month of use. They share your email and it goes to a spam bot, it's suppose to be illegal to spam email anyone ever since the law came into effect early 2000's but they still do it.

For kicks, I sometimes look at the titles of the spam mail that I get before mass deletion.  The ones about mmorpg accounts are soooo obviously phishing attempts that it's not even funny.  I even get ones to mmorpgs that I don't even have an account with.  Like Runescape.  Never even touched the game nor their website... yet I still get spam stating, "Your account has been compromised."  Now, that's epic hilarity.

• NeikenNeiken Member Posts: 254

I dont participate in anything that requires me to follow or like a page to qualify. Im sad to see the better contests here moving in that direction.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

Originally posted by Vato26

For kicks, I sometimes look at the titles of the spam mail that I get before mass deletion.  The ones about mmorpg accounts are soooo obviously phishing attempts that it's not even funny.  I even get ones to mmorpgs that I don't even have an account with.  Like Runescape.  Never even touched the game nor their website... yet I still get spam stating, "Your account has been compromised."  Now, that's epic hilarity.

I sometimes open them and this one made me laugh:

"Enlarge your pink just by popping a pill" ""

Isn't that what every man wants, more pink?

To the OP:  I'm not a fan of deals exclusive to social networks either.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

{mod edit - title, moved to Site Suggestions forum)

We have contests and giveaways going on every day on the main site. Variety is the spice of life!