Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Postcards from Tyria

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Arena.Net's David Campbell has posted a series of environmental 'postcards' on the Guild Wars 2 blog that feature what he calls his favorite locations in Tyria. The postcards are concept art pieces that the team has produced during the years between Guild Wars: Eye of the North and now. It's a pretty cool retrospective look at some pretty awesome locations in the Guild Wars universe.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• demonic87demonic87 Member UncommonPosts: 438

Truley amazing. Any way I can get one of these as wallpapers?

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Wow! Amazing scenary.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Give us some real news.

Been awhile since anything interesting has been said about GW2 :/

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

very nice.

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    The concept art looks nice, but no further news isn't good.
  • LeononaLeonona Member UncommonPosts: 225

They usually don't reveal any news the week of a convention, as the community team is very busy. Anyway the word out of Paris is that news on cross profession combos are coming real soon.

• TrolanderTrolander Member Posts: 33

The fact that they are giving us some more concept art shows that they are still trying to reach out to their community to show that they are still there. Art is still news. It informs us of their intention to give us SOMETHING, even if it isn't what we want to see. We are getting closer to the speculated period of Beta and release. So let us just be patient and applaud them for their attempts to reach out to us and allow us to see the wonders that the game has to offer when they manage to get the quality of work done that they find suitable for their community to view.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

give me invitation to the beta LOL something more concrete then racial lore and scenery that doesn't have an explanation as to why these places are special. 0r better yet, release a mini game something please....

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Originally posted by itgrowls

give me invitation to the beta LOL something more concrete then racial lore and scenery that doesn't have an explanation as to why these places are special. 0r better yet, release a mini game something please....

They dont need to give you Beta access for your own personal gratification. 

There are countless Youtube videos that are demos of people playing at the shows.  Some are really good videos.  There's also reviews to read and such. 

Just go on Youtube and look up GW2 and have a day of it. 

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Originally posted by GoldenArrow

Give us some real news.

Been awhile since anything interesting has been said about GW2 :/

I feel the same way.  ANet is becoming obnoxious with their teeny little bits of art related or contest info.  While I love the art, I want to know more about the game it comes from.  Like the final class, you know they've already designed it, what's the hold up on the news about it?