Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I play this game?

Looks like a decent Action RPG. But I am curious has anyone else played this?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Yeepgame?feature=mhee

Pros? Cons?  

Its free but I am just curious if it would worthwhile to play, since there are a LOT of free games that arent worth the money :P

Comments

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Turnbased...ughh.... terible and looks its made ;ike so many games these days that a 6 years old can play this. You click some name and you auto run to npc or mob also with big arrows pointing right direction, these days specially the asia developers are thinking if all gamers become so stupid they make these games insanely simple so a 6 year old can play it, maybe even a chimpansee can play it so simple are these games lol.

Ive checked on youtube all these firstlook videos made by a mmo site and 90% falls in this 6 year old catagory:(

I think whole genre is almost DEAD:(

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

I've never played it or heard of it.

That said, the game looks awful.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Never heard about it or seen this game. To me it doesn't look intresting but I am me and not you image

And the only person that is able to tell you if it's worth your while would be you yourself, regardless if there might be people who have tried or are playing the game.

It's free to play so apart from perhaps some download time and try time you have nothing to lose really.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

It looks hideous - like the world's worst Faecesbook(tm) game.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

There is probably better games you could find that are f2p, DCUO for instance goes free tomorrow. 

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

I think a turn-based combat system has potential, but certainly the video didn't show anything remotely compelling.  The entire point of turn-based combat is to let players make interesting tactical decisions each round, and the combat shown had none of that.

Atlantica provides way better turn-based tactical combat than this game showed.  And even Altantica isn't a particularly great turn-based game (I never really got to a point where I felt the game had tactical depth.)

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• CeldainCeldain Member UncommonPosts: 119

what part of that looks like it's an action rpg to u.. it looks horrible just go play atlantica online if you want a turn based game.

• CoS_IanCoS_Ian Member Posts: 21

I have to say the gameplay is terrible, and the music is just awkward!

City of Steam - Fight in a land of belching furnaces, clockwork marvels, and ancient evils. Visit City of Steam on Facebook for screenshots, dev diaries, and news updates!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Axehilt

I think a turn-based combat system has potential, but certainly the video didn't show anything remotely compelling.  The entire point of turn-based combat is to let players make interesting tactical decisions each round, and the combat shown had none of that.

Atlantica provides way better turn-based tactical combat than this game showed.  And even Altantica isn't a particularly great turn-based game (I never really got to a point where I felt the game had tactical depth.)

I agree that turn based combat have some potential but so far have only a single online RPG done that well: Neverwinter nights (the original, not Biowares later version). And even that was just scratching the potential.

Turn based combat actually have the potential to be really great if done right, it could be a chess like type of combat where you have to guess your opponents next move based on what he did last time and what you know about him.

But Atlantica suck, OPs link suck and even the Final fantasy and Suikodens weakness have always been their boring and predictable combat system.

Great potential, lousy games. Turn based could be 100% about strategy  and actually make a very realistic combat system work fine.

OP: Just try Atlantica instead, it is not good either but at least better if you want turn based combat. Otherwise you can try DDO, LOTRO, AoC or even Forsaken world instead. They are F2P and not bad.