Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mmorpg mobile

rankor2rankor2 Member UncommonPosts: 115
I always access mmorpg with my mobile and read the news articles found in the mmorpg/mobile.com list each day. I have noticed the last couple of days that advertising slides in from the side each time I scroll down now.

Do you know how annoying that is? It blocks alot of screen real-estate on an iPhone!

Any chance you can get rid of it? Or change it to a certain spot in between paragraphs or something.

I know you need to make money to run the site but if what I look at is annoying me I won't be reading anymore on mobile which would be sad.

Thanks. End rant.

Comments

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Valid issue here.  

Also, while we are on this subject, can you add a quote button to the mobile version as well?

• rankor2rankor2 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    It's actually happening on my iPhone on this main site also. Just noticed it then.

It is so bloody annoying!!!
    My mistake it switched back to mobile.
    Here is a link for you to the mobile site.

http://www.mmorpg.com/mobile/
  • ColdicesColdices Member Posts: 157
    I agree this is very annoying.
  • TurntableTurntable Member Posts: 78
    Agreed! Ads in fixed positions would solve the problem for me.. Now it makes the site very annoying to use.

--
    Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

• GeevesGeeves Member UncommonPosts: 149
    Not to be melodramatic about this, but I browse 90% of the time on my mobile, and I won't be back to the site until you change this MMORPG.

The worst part is if you switch to the full website it switches you back to the mobile site after 30 minutes or so.

Like others I'm perfectly happy to have ads on the site, I run a website and understand that the site needs income, but not at the expense of my ability to use it.

MUNDO!!

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Thanks for the feedback guys.  We will just go back to the old Google ads at the top of the mobile site.  You all are who we make this great content for and we cannot annoy you to a point where you don't want to use the site.

This is the reason we have always forbid interstitial ads (the kind that stop you before you entere the site), ads that expand, fly out or annoy, ads that make noise, text link ads, etc from our main site.  We don't want our mobile site to be annoying either.

It should be back to normal within 24 hours.  I apologize for any inconvenience and thank you again for letting us know about this!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Thankyou admin.

It is fixed and I'm happily reading your news daily again.

I must say that was a very fast rectification of an annoying problem and you must be commended for it.

• TurntableTurntable Member Posts: 78
    Thanks! The mobile site is great again!

--
    Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.