Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What if this Neutral Race movement in WoW, is Blizzards way of sliping in a 3rd Faction down the lin

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

What if this Neutral Race movement in WoW, is Blizzards way of slipping in a 3rd Faction down the line?

something I read in another thread brought this to my attention.

odinsrath

Hard Core Member

Add Buddy

/ Report  / Block

10/28/11 3:40:37 AM#3

meh i thought just maybe you were gonna speak about a 3rd faction..now that would be interresting

This Neutral Race thing that Blizzard is doing,,,,,, along side this added conflict (LORE WISE) between the races of the Horde, seem to give a reason for some characters warrant for leaving the Horde, and maybe starting a brand new 3rd Faction. Many people though that would happen to the Forsaken during WoTLK. But never did.

With Neutral races, the players can be given the choice to play that race on ether of the 3 factions,

or they could be given a permanent quest to switch to a different faction, basically leading their faction in the past.

whats your thoughts on this topic?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910

3rd faction with only one race ? They need to allow other races to change too then it would be a formidable third faction . But just the pandas alone will not work. However your idea of changing current toon may work hmm .....

If that happens they might just be able to get back the PvP crowd. Not a bad idea especially since the best PvP I have had has been in WoW. If they do this and do a DAoC they may have reinvented WoW into another few years of mind boggling subs.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by kitarad

3rd faction with only one race ? They need to allow other races to change too then it would be a formidable third faction . But just the pandas alone will not work. However your idea of changing current toon may work hmm .....

If that happens they might just be able to get back the PvP crowd. Not a bad idea especially since the best PvP I have had has been in WoW. If they do this and do a DAoC they may have reinvented WoW into another few years of mind boggling subs.

3rd faction is not the only element thats needed for succesfull PvP....

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Personally, I think the game should be factionless, after the High Elves came back and they added Werewolves.  That is just me though.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.