Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArenaNet: Wish You Were Here - ArenaNet's Environmental Postcards

romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

http://www.arena.net/blog/wish-you-were-here-arenanets-environmental-postcards

One of the things I love most about my job is hunting for cool art in the vast digital landscape of our network. I can pull from a museum’s worth of Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 concept art for our blog, web sites, newsletters, merchandise, tradeshow material, and for press. During my travels I often stumble upon hidden treasures—little nuggets of awesomeness tucked away in remote directories.

Today I want to share my favorite find with you.

Comments

• jvxmtgjvxmtg Member Posts: 371

So much teasing....it's getting old...

Ready for GW2!!!
  • UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Some really pretty work there. 

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836

Love it. Arena Net artists are amazing at what they do! Keep up the good work!

• claytosclaytos Member Posts: 177

I like the art

ArenaNet Artists are the best.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

They should start selling gaming merchandise based on their art...

They could make a lot of money that way.... Ideas like selling the pluche charrs are just great.. They could even sell the orriginal art in a monthly auction... People would pay for it...

T-shirts, Posters, but also pluche versions of your ingame pet (would require you to have the ingame pet)

I think Merchandise is the way to go to make even more money as an MMO... As long as the quallity is top knotch... And the product name is seen generally as a good thing...  Make money through merchandise instead of through Ingame items...

Merchandise combined with DLC.... could prove the right marketing strategy for Arenanet... and not so much cosmetic items...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919

Very pretty very nice.

• KonyakKonyak Member Posts: 156

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

They could make a lot of money that way.... Ideas like selling the pluche charrs are just great.. They could even sell the orriginal art in a monthly auction... People would pay for it...

T-shirts, Posters, but also pluche versions of your ingame pet (would require you to have the ingame pet)

I think Merchandise is the way to go to make even more money as an MMO... As long as the quallity is top knotch... And the product name is seen generally as a good thing...  Make money through merchandise instead of through Ingame items...

Merchandise combined with DLC.... could prove the right marketing strategy for Arenanet... and not so much cosmetic items...

Dude, could you stop talking about ways ArenaNet can make money? Seriously, it's none of your business in the first place. ArenaNet will do whatever they feel is necessary and you worrying about their income is ridiculous.

Originally posted by Konyak

Dude, could you stop talking about ways ArenaNet can make money? Seriously, it's none of your business in the first place. ArenaNet will do whatever they feel is necessary and you worrying about their income is ridiculous.

Really?

Some people still have no clue what makes the world turn round....  If they can't make enough money in a popular way, their investors push them to inpopular ways, like an I-win cash shop....  Thats a major concern to me... Only if they generate enough cash with things that dont influence gameplay, they can withold of the most feared cash shop...

And in times of troubles, greedy investors are hard to sattisfy....

A true cashshop with I-win items would ruin the game for me.... while for Arenanet it could be the easiest way to generate hughe lumpsums of money....

But we should discuss this in another threat and not derail this thread anyfurther....

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Some people still have no clue what makes the world turn round.... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThcCE8BKtpg&feature=related

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517

Originally posted by Konyak

I agree with Konyak in this one.

Pretty irritating that you think Anet can't pull it off. Do you really think all of these ideas only pop in your mind?

As far as I know they are a very clever team.

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999

ARENANET WEEKEND CARWASHES

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

Originally posted by jvxmtg

Rumor has it some big news coming out Nov. 11ish.

Originally posted by marzatplay

Originally posted by jvxmtg

Rumor has it some big news coming out Nov. 11ish.

Exactly Rumor.... Most RUmors are just that.... Rumors, espescially if the one spreading doesn't say where he got that rumor from...

Overhere in Holland half the country celebrates Sankt Maarten on Nov 11th(where little children sing for treets)... while the other celebrates the beginning of the carnaval seazon