Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild wars 2 Or S.W.T.O.R which will you choose

Comments

• LoboMauLoboMau Member UncommonPosts: 395

Im going to play both! :)

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by Timukas

SW:TOR because I'm tired of wizards and elves (call them Sylvari or whatever). Can try GW2 if SW:TOR, TSW and WoD all fail and GW2 reviews assure that it's more than glorified GW1.

I'm sick of elves as well.  My current plan is for both unless something horrible comes in for GW2 like p2w.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• psyfighterpsyfighter Member Posts: 50

SWTOR all the way did not like GW1 so GW2 might go in same boat dont know as of yet i know i like SWTOR all i can say for now.

• vanderghastvanderghast Member UncommonPosts: 309

there will be MORE than enough time to max level and get sick of SWTOR before guild wars 2 comes out. so both.

• ZillenZillen Member Posts: 141

Hmm. How original. Both of you.

I salute you, OP, for creating yet another pointless thread that is less than a paragraph long, has no real purpose and is designed only to spark pathetic arguments between fanboys and summon the troll army to this website.

And as to the only person game enough to reply, congratulations to you also. It takes real balls to post one and a half sentences detailing how you'll play two games. Great, care to elaborate. Of course not, who needs an actual reason for posting when you can just fall back on the power of trolling and laugh awkwardly at another unreleased game!

/sarcasm off

I'm really getting sick of all these stupid, attention-whore posts that serve only to draw in people who can't argue a debate properly and haven't even played the game yet. 

EDIT: Some more people replied while I was writing this. Please refer to my statement above if you feel left out.

I'm really sick of the whole "There's a massive fanbase for X", or "Y would be a WoW-killer if it just had a chance".

There is no massive conspiracy waiting in the MMO playerbase.

There are no "sleeper-agent fans" waiting to convert once the X or Y is unleashed on the world.

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468
  • Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999

Originally posted by heimdall22

GW 2 all the way :

1) Dynamic combat instead of tab targeting

2) Alt - friendly, solo players friendly.

3) Dynamic events

4) No more holy trinity. At all.

5) No more  - Raid or you are second class citizen

6) No more timesinks, no more treadmill

7) No shared loot

I may come up with another reasons, but that alone pretty much nails it for me

BAM! From what I have seen I would pay 15.00 a month to play GW2 over playing SWTOR for free.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

If I had to chose, I'd chose GW2, no contest whatsoever. SWTOR might be good enough to play until the real deal is here, then again quite a few games might be.

imageimage
  • NeutorNeutor Member Posts: 101

After playing the beta I can easily say I will be playing SW.  The game is simply amazing, IMO.  Doesn't help that I didn't like GW1 and I really didn't like the AOE grind fest that was WoTLK which it looks like GW2 will turn out being. 

Join us dtguilds.com
  • KendaneKendane Member UncommonPosts: 225

Considering GW2 has no monthly fee, I'm going to play both.  SWTOR looks awesome as does GW2.  Also this way I get my fantasy and Sci-fi.=D

• Zigzig13Zigzig13 Member Posts: 10

How many GW2-S.W.T.O.R. threads are we gonna see? Go away already.

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973

To everyone who doubts GW2 because they didn't like GW1, what was it about GW1 that you didn't like?  Is it in GW2?

To everyone whining about comparison threads...don't post in them and don't read them if thats how you feel.

To everyone who says they will try both...awesome, open minded is the way to be.

To everyone who feels that they aren't going to play GW2 or SWTOR because of some feature they haven't actually looked into or the lack of some feature that they heard won't be in it and haven't bothered to look it up...you obviously have some other game that takes up your attention, so why are you posting here?

Now to the 2 games important to this thread........./sarcasm on

I will not be playing SWTOR because starwars galaxies was horrid.  This thread is pointless, and I am tired of these pointless threads.  None of you should play either game.  I know EVERYTHING about both games and can tell you that (insert fictional game here) is better in every way.

/sarcasm off

OK...

I am going to play GW2.  Initially, the only real reason I had was the fact that I played and enjoyed GW1, so why not play GW2.  After I played the demo at a convention, I knew that I would not enjoy any other game as much as GW2.  I really don't expect anyone who hasn't either REALLY researched the game or played the demo to have anything more that superficial reasons to play GW2.  After the open beta or the release has happened for BOTH games, we can have meaningful discussions on this matter, but until then I am perfectly fine debating the value of GW2 vs any game.  I have the time.

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Why choose?

Play both!

I mean, I just bought BF3 but that isn't going to affect my decision to buy COD:MW3 later this week.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

At this point neither. If I ever do change my mind and pick one up, it'll be GW2.

• lightningjaclightningjac Member Posts: 92

Guild Wars 2 is lookin way better now that I have tried swtor out in beta.  swtor makes me just say been there done that...

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

At this point only GW2

Im taking a cautionary stance with TOR.Im too concerned it'll be too run of the mill for my tastes these days.My main draw for the game would be that its Bioware,which isnt your usual main attraction to a game anyway.

I'll be waiting a month or so after release to see reviews/reaction.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

GW 2 in a heartbeat.

Fresh thinking on classes

True crafting not gathering like SWTOR

Server vs server conflict

OH YES !

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

SWTOR is the Best game in the world, it defies all things that are expected of it and goes beyond the beyonder in Spiderman to become God himself. And GW2 is the devil just trying to trick you into believing what isn't the truth; you can't build a game from the ground up based on one idea... that's phsyically and mentally and catastrophically and californicationally impossible.

Now that I've finished brainfarting... I like real-time dodging, it just feels good.

This is not a game.

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176

Since GW2 has no sub and is coming out many months later I will be playing both. I'm telling ya though, I have followed both GW2 and TOR since they were announced and I really think the people praising GW2 as a the best things since men landed on the moon or god created the heavens and the earth are going to be dissapointed.

While I think it is going to be a good, solid game with innovation I have watched it being played and seen many hours of footage. I am setting my expectations appropriately as it is still, at its heart, an MMO like many others. There are still non-voiced vendors and quest givers (with cut scenes) that have you running from place to place. Still I think it is going to be fun as is TOR.

Bioware has not claimed that TOR will be the great innovator (other than the fully voiced part) and is just trying to be a good game so I believe expectations for TOR are more level set.

Anyway, I can't wait to play both of them and then I have to figure out how to squeeze Secret World in too.

• Cameo3Cameo3 Member Posts: 219

I waited too long to be able to play the Star Wars game that I have since decided to not touch the franchise anymore in anyway.

GW2 does look fun anyway and I got an online friend who's in Alpha that sends me screenies every once in a while. ;-)

Member of Talon | www.lakexeno.com
    RIFT: Redcameo, Warrior, Faemist Server
    RIFT: Bluecameo, Mage, Faemist Server

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

Guild Wars 2. I don't see anything in TOR that makes me want to pay a subscription fee. If GW2 had one, I most likely wouldn't bother with it either. I don't have enough $$$ for 2 subs atm.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Biggus99Biggus99 Member Posts: 916

Definitely SWTOR, as I'm not sold on GW2 being as epic as the fans make it out to be.  However, I will play both games.  GW2 will just be there when I need a change of pace from time to time, however.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Minesweeper

A more addictive game I have not yet encountered.

• artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431

I was planning on playing both about a year ago. But after I review more and more info on GW2, I just don't see that style of gaming being for me. It has nothing to do with the game itself, it is just not what I want to play. SWTOR fits the bill much more for what I am looking for.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore