Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Auto Assault Opinions

If you guys haven't checked it out yet, you should, even if you aren't a cars type person. This looks like its gonna be a GREAT game, as I am not going to be thinking "Real people dont attack this slow" because its real time!

Ok, I admit, I like customizing cars :) but it STILL looks like its going to be VERY interesting and fun.

Feel free to post your opinion on what we have seen so far. image

[color=yellow] --==[color=red]AuTo[color=yellow]-=-[color=red]AsSaUlT[color=yellow]==--
No more SWG for me :(

Comments

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Well, I can't really say much about the subject cause...well....you know...but,

eh image

Joined - July 2004

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

Originally posted by remyburke

Well, I can't really say much about the subject cause...well....you know...but,
    eh image

• spokeriderspokerider Member Posts: 2

well,nobody can say a thing because nobody has played it yet !! the only thing sure is that (as they say)it´s gonna be interesting and MAYBE,MAYBE good ok ??? nobody can have an opinion if it is good or bad !!!! the only thing i know is that if it is free,i will try cuz u never know,i might even like it imageimage

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

It won't be free. $14.95 or $19.95, whatever City of Heroes costs a month I don't know. There won't be a completely open beta either. Odds are though if you sign up now you will probably get in one of the final testing stages.

• HeartlandHeartland Member Posts: 103

Originally posted by spokerider
    well,nobody can say a thing because nobody has played it yet !!

That's not really true in the strictest sense of the word...quita a few of us are in the beta and have played a bit. The reason we can't say a thing is the non-disclosure agreement...   
  • HibameHibame Member Posts: 76

I really hope I make the next beta wave. Iv been waiting so long to get in =(

WARNING: My spelling is atrocious

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424

My impressions from playing the beta is:

it's just WOW with cars.

Still has level grinding and the same skill format etc.

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Originally posted by scaramoosh

it's just WOW with cars.

so its CoW then image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• BlurrBlurr Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

I think "WoW with Cars" is a really poor assessment of the game.

Auto Assault looks like a great game, maybe for a niche market like City of Heroes. I, for one, am glad to see developers doing more than the same tired old fantasy MMO with warriors and mages where you spend alot of time in the same small area.

I'm not saying it's gonna revolutionize the genre, but atleast it's more original. It's doing some unique things and that's what we need in the MMO sector, not more clones, more innovations, more than just 'oh this one has an auction system and an ingame bulletin board' or whatever.

NetDevil is coming up with things like a fully interactive environment. You can knock down, jump off, or blow up pretty much everything you see. It's a game where the movement of your character on the screen actually means something, instead of it just being an animation to put you in range of the healing or whatever. When you ram your car into someone, you'll really smash into them! It adds another level of depth to the game. Running into walls, going up ramps, flying by at high speeds. I can't really think of an MMO where your on-screen presence is so tied in to the game world. It becomes more than just what happens in the combat log and how long your skill takes to refresh.

As far as the grinding, well, just about every MMO has that. Skill format? Well it's not like WoW was the first person to come up with the tree skill format.

Anyways, that's my impression of the game. Feel free to give me a beta and try to prove me wrong image

"Because it's easier to nitpick something than to be constructive." -roach5000

Not saying WOW was the first, i don't even like WOW. Used it because most people here play it.

Don't click here...no2

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Originally posted by scaramoosh

it's just WOW with cars.

If WoW is level grinding for you, I really dread to know what you think of Lineage 2 and EQ2.

Seriously, I got to lvl 50 only by doing quests.............you can call it quest grinding, but surely WoW is not a grinding game (unless you choose to grind).

WOW is level grinding :S

It's the same level grinding game as any other mmorpg (apart from eve online)

TBH i level up faster on EQ2 than i do WOW

I dunno what you find is fun but i dont find doing the same thing over and over again fun

Don't click here...no2

• perendengueperendengue Member Posts: 29

if the game is based around your needing to obtain lvl n+1 to be cool, it is grinding in one form or another..

I will freely admit my initial thoughts on this game were 'meh' but after reading these writeups that mmorpg has been doing on it, I am actually pretty excited to try it out. I love the post-apocolyptic genre and I like the constant action of a game like City of Heroes...so I am looking forward to trying it out.

the larger issue is how on earth if NCSoft getting all this stuff together? What a great publisher for these games...the games are coming out tight with good releases...fun gameplay and things that are just different then the plain mmorpgs like eq[s] and wow.. they are building up a pretty good track record..

perendengue

• BlurrBlurr Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

Yes NCSoft is also building a good track record in my opinion too. Alot of their games are not just the tired old fantasy rpg.

In any game with levels or ranks there will always be a 'grind' because you will always have to earn your higher status. Even in EVE there is a grind, spend 22 days training Frigate level 5 and tell me there ain't, lol.

People need to actually take a good look at a game before dismissing it. Calling a game something else with 1 new feature shows very little in the way of proving you actually looked at the game. If AA is just WoW with Cars, then WoW is just DAoC with different races, and DAoC is just EQ with RvR, and EQ is just UO in 3d, and UO is just a MUD with graphics. You get the point, it's not a good way to describe a game.

"Because it's easier to nitpick something than to be constructive." -roach5000

• pyros98pyros98 Member Posts: 267

Auto Assult has peaked my interest, but I love racing games.  From all that I've read, it fits into a game that I would like to play...but I won't know for sure til I try it.  So for now I'd say I'm looking forward to it.

And as was said, the grind is in every game...just the good ones make the grind not noticeable or enjoyable.

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    I just want NCsoft to do something similar to Station Access. The games are not 15 bucks a month quality... but 25 bucks for all of them? Sure, in a second.

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• AJIceAJIce Member Posts: 148
    The amazing thing in my opinion is that with the masssive amount of fantasy games out there, there are no games with dragons, perhaps the premier trademark of fantsy.  There is so much that can be done with that topic as well.
  • StrangerrStrangerr Member Posts: 32

erm not true , there is a mmorpg with dragons as a playable race :P Horizons :)