Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whoa... what happened to this game? [Mod Edit]

..no one hears any news getting out, lol.

So what's up? Anyone still playing this at all? I remember just a few short months ago the devs and company were very busy with plans and even had some kind of convention (New Orleans) or something and things were upbeat.

Where's the communication on this game at now from this company? oO

Comments

• jungleninjajungleninja Member UncommonPosts: 206

I'm sorry to tell you, but the communication is zero at this moment. We have to hear things from the gamers themselves (about 2 or 3 at this moment on the servers) Servers where down for a few days before the officials even took a look at it. So, my guess is that they are busy with other games, etc. On their lifechat, they said the promised 31-35 levels would not be ready on the promised mid october date, nor will they be done in the coming month or two. So....count it up. The crafting, which they promised was gonna blow the mmo community up, will not be done before a year or so, if I have to believe the reports.

So, sadly, I dont know where the game is at the moment. Would have loved to see the extra levels and crafting for myself, but I guess peeps will have to wait for it.

Atleast I have Battlefield 3, LOTRO, RIFT, Age of Conan, Age of Empires Online, etc. to play with for awhile. So, when im done doing those, ill check back here! ;)

• vladakovvladakov Member Posts: 710

I was in the beta and i did the trial a couple of weeks ago,

i love the setting and some animations are really good, and i also love the

companion system, and the mansion stuff.

It  was a great game but i didn't buy/sub solely because i have no faith in this game,

and i'm not going to play an MMO that has a bleak future....

shame really...

• Master_MetzMaster_Metz Member Posts: 15

Hello JungleNinja,

I'd like to correct your previous statement. We were indeed aware of the server outages, which were posted about on the forums, and had our team working hard to correct the issue. Our NOC team discovered an issue at one of our data centers that affected Mars and Apollo. While fixing the issue we choose to leave Baccus up. Leaving one shard up while dealing with the issue with the other shards increased the downtime. However, we felt it was important to have the game in a playable state during the issue even if it was only one shard. If anyone was negatively affected by the downtime I encourage you to send an email to [email protected] and we will work with you add additional time to your account.  In additon to that if you have any questions you can reach me at [email protected].

Thanks,

Metz - Associate Producer - Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

I'm really suprised how instanced this game is and small.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033
    If this game wasn't instanced and enabled open-world estates, it would be great.
  • jungleninjajungleninja Member UncommonPosts: 206

It's been awhile since I last commented, so I thought I would drop by and see whats going on, only to find out not much new or lets say, also not much news. I would have loved to hear how far they where with their game, but sadly they dont communicate that much, since Danicia left.

I read the die hards, who still come once in while on their forums, are almost begging for new, only to find no news or not getting any. Well, maybe they are hard at work in their base and we will see much more than we anticipated real soon. I would hope so.

So, lets just sit and wait for more news to come......(waiting)

• JohnnyMotrinJohnnyMotrin Member UncommonPosts: 439

The fact that nothing is happening atm is not suprising at all.  I was among the first wave of testers after HI took the helm and I reported every bug I encountered... I'm talking about reporting at least 10 bugs/day.  I understood why I was encountering so many bugs since the game was early in development but what caused me to quit testing was almost 3 months going by without 1 of the bugs I reported ever being fixed.  It was literally as if development took a vacation.  If a staff is so slow at fixing the game when they are rushing to get the game out to the public, imagine how slow they will be once they have paying subscribers.  This game had no shot of succeeding from the very start.