Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skyrim specs released

124»

Comments

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by Jimmy562

Originally posted by Velocinox

Originally posted by kadepsyson

Originally posted by Kotaku

Hines does note on his Twitter that the recommended specs are to run the game on High, not Ultra

The recommended specs for a PC game rarely means the specs required to maximize every setting.

It's been said by Bethesda devs that the game looks much better on PC than console.

Riiiiiiiiiiight... because devs NEVER talk up their up coming game.

I bet you don't even haggle on car purchases because the dealer says 'the sticker price is the sale price'.

PC version is 9 times out of 10 the better looking. It can be the biggest console port you've seen but it will still most likely look better. 

Its simple why it will look better...

Higher resolution 1080p plus the VERY IMPORTEND Anti Alising, both console's will not have.

Plus not to mention all the superb FREE MODS we get as PC gamers that is so superior to all DLC that people have to pay for thats what Elder Scrolls is famous for the thousends of MODS released with no charge.

I will play Skyrim on my full HD screen in 1920 x 1080 with 2500 euros($3000) gaming rig then god awefull console on ugly looking TV screen in 720p max lol.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

Originally posted by Ridelynn

http://kotaku.com/5853156/your-pc-must-be-this-powerful-to-run-skyrim

Recommended Specs are a GTX260 or Radeon 4890...

So glad I haven't preordered yet. Go go console port.

Still have to wait until the game is actually released before I can make any legitimate opinion about it.

Pc has very talent modders, they saved Oblivion for us from a crap port right down to giving us high rez textures for those horrible distance views that looked like a belong in Mario kart. Any short coming of Skyrim will be changed by the faithful, talented and created Pc modder community. They made my experience of Oblivion the one it should have been for a Pc gamer, I'm sure they'll do the same for us in Skyrim. So it may pay to hang back from playing it and let the mod community get its teeth into first.