Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need advice on buying an MP3 player

Hi everyone, I'm in the market for a new MP3 player. My problem is that I've only ever owned iPods, and I just don't want another one (won't get into my reasons, not important). I really don't know anything about MP3 players beyond what Apple makes, and was hoping some of the people here could recommend some brands and models to me. I don't need any fancy bells and whistles, and I don't need something that does anything other than play music. So really reliability and storage space are the big things for me. I know there's an iPod classic that has over 100 GB of storage, but I haven't found any other MP3 players with so much space. I'm very flexible on the price, also.

I appreciate any advice. And if anyone has preferences on music download sites other than iTunes I'd love to hear them. The only one I know of that some friends use is Amazon.com's program.

Comments

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

I believe Rhapsody is one of the legal ways you can download music.  Give them a look see.

As for mp3 players, I have only owned one in the past and it was a small SanDisk 8 gig player that I carried around at work, but I'm talkin 5 years ago, otherwise I have never bothered.  I do have a smart phone at the moment that can hold quite a bit of crap on it so if I chose to I could put music on there. 

What kind of cell phone do you have?  If it's anything relatively new it will more than likely play music as well.  I know you mentioned that you don't want a multipurpose device but if you're in the market for a new phone this might be something to keep in mind.

I might be the wrong person to ask I suppose.  I'm not much of a portable music kind of guy.  I just crank whatever's on the radio when I'm driving since most of the time I'm with people and I find it rude to listen to music while in the company of people I know.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• HardWalkerHardWalker Member Posts: 84

A smart phone.

Pretty much any smart phone. 

Or an iPod nano.